Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Do you pass as a genetic woman?

Yes. Was a "scrawny kid", and am scrawny adult. Off the rack stuff fits just fine, and often times much better than male stuff. Just that body type I guess.

All works until I say something. Voice is still a challenge, but I'm working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jodie_Lynn View Post
    please explain what you mean by "passing as a genetic woman?"
    The following comes from the original post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Irving View Post
    In the thread about having a beard, it has been brought to my attention that a culmination of the reading I have done on the topic of passing is inaccurate.

While I keep reading about how many of us don't pass but rather try to blend in, others believe that most of us do, in fact, pass as women..
    If you seek more information, I direct you to my conversation in the thread mentioned above.

Passed once for about 30 seconds. It was a family Halloween party about 35 years ago and my first time out en femme. My sister-in-law spotted me and told my wife, "That's the ugliest woman I've ever seen." "That's no lady, that's my husband, your brother-in-law." Jaw drop.

And THAT Mickitv is the answer. Don't Worry, Be Happy!!
    Last edited by AllieSF; 08-03-2019 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Louise View Post
    The other day I got told I pass easily by a lady I met. Well obviously I don't as she never would have made that comment!
    AH! But are you sure SHE was a lady? Maybe she was just another CD'er who passes even better than you! They certainly are out there. We just don't notice them....usually. I had ONE patient who could pass once, a long time ago; when I went out to the waiting room and called a man's name, what I initially saw appeared to be a woman responding. I almost said something, but then it was her eyes that gave her away, and I can't exactly say why (larger maybe? or the way he looked at me? I'm still not sure). His gait was sort of ever so slightly ambiguous, but such that could be easily taken as female, especially since he was wearing heels. It was only when he spoke that I could have been able to tell for sure if I hadn't already known (of course the male name and gender indication on the chart was the true give away). The key that enabled him to pass, was height, and being slight of build; those go a long way to help hide the truth.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Maybe? I’ve never had a bad moment out and about, no clocking, no bad interactions so I guess I pass...
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

The last time I confused someone was at Panera Bread, picking up an order, when I was wearing Junior's T shirt and short shorts. My male name didn't match the way I looked, as the shirt was cut to show off my bust line.

When I was younger I thought that my thin build made me look feminine. 20 years later and 20 lbs heavier I now have an hourglass figure with the same size waist.
    Last edited by Maid_Marion; 08-03-2019 at 08:07 PM.

^ Confusing people can be very close to passing since they aren't sure if it's a female or male that they've encountered. Truly passing is if everyone is positively sure that you're a female. And how many of us can truly claim that level?
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Aspiring Member
    It really depends on how successful my makeup is that day. I have some really good days and some absolutely terrible days when it comes to makeup. On the good days, people appear to think I'm a woman. On mediocre days, I get the odd quizzical look as if they can't make out if I'm a woman or not. On the bad days, I get fairly obvious looks, but I do tend to avoid going out if my makeup went badly.

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    Similar to model airplanes, I like to think of myself as “stand-off” scale..stand far enough off and it might happen
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

To me, passing is talking to your neighbour, and everything else is: yeah-cool-story-but-wake-me-when-you've-talked-to-your-neighbour.

Therefore I'm a 'no',.. but that's not what I aim for.

When I sit down with a tube of primer, my main objective and what causes me the most fear is achieving a representation that looks feminine enough to pacify an internal conflict. If I'm successful, I feel it internally, but on the outside, not that I routinely seek confirmation, I hope I look 'pleasant'.

If someone begins an interaction with me, I hope to make eyebrows go up rather than down. Some guys are so insecure about homosexual accusations between each other that they would even be incapable of acknowledging when another CIS guy looks good. Such extreme guys, I'm unconcerned about them. However, everyone else of moderate temperament who interacts with me, I hope for: "hmm.. but he looks kind of OK."

On the inside, though, as said, I feel feminine . . if the transformation attempt is successful.

- Lydianne.