Thread: Apparently I have a fan

Banned Read only

Apparently I have a fan

So we have been going to a competition drag show every Friday for the past month. I am the only regular TG or even CD that comes although there are lots of GG regulars. I would says the shows are easy %80 or more GG audience. Anyway last night a GG complimented my dress and said "All your dresses are so pretty. I like to see what you are wearing every week as much as the show."
    Last edited by Robertacd; 07-27-2019 at 02:02 PM.

Awesome. Maybe they will be asking for an autograph soon...

That's great! Sounds like fun!

Platinum Member
    Interesting observation about drag night! Might be a good place to meet GGs who are at least open to our gender expression
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Robert, this type of comments could point you in the direction of opening up a clothing store for women. You could also advertise that an in-store fashion consultant would be available to help anyone needing it.

What better job to have than a women's clothing store ?

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    Interesting observation about drag night! Might be a good place to meet GGs who are at least open to our gender expression
    Possibly... But not being single I don't know for sure. I have gone to a show alone once or twice and always stay to dance afterwards and I have had a few GG's and GM's dance with me. One time I was dancing and this cute young GG starts dancing with me. We danced a quite a few songs together, during the whole time younger GM's kept trying pull her away to get her to dance with them, and she would quickly come back to me. I have heard plenty of other TG/CD lamenting about how encounters like that usually end with an awkward "Oh... I thought you were gay" moment.

But as for the GG/GM ratio, it's very common at this club. Being the historical "gay bar" in town groups of strait women come in and dance because they feel they will get less unwanted attention from the GM's. So the dance floor is usually %95 GG's most of the night.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 07-28-2019 at 11:33 AM.

Roberta; that is also interesting for what it might say about the state of interpersonal relations in the straight world.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Thats pretty awesome Roberta

Roberta, That is wonderful.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Banned Read only
    Great compliment. However, do any other women show up wearing dresses? If not, perhaps that is a sad state of affairs.

Banned Read only
    Actually Stephanie, there are always a few GG's there in dresses, but dresses defiantly are the minority, most of the GG's are in skinny jeans, or shorts and a cute top (it was hot in the bar) So it felt very nice to have a GG give me that compliment, but kind of put some pressure on me too

Banned Read only
    Roberta,
    It does feel slightly odd but in male mode it's much harder to get GGs to dance with you , as Teresa it's often hard to leave the dance floor . I'm not sure if it's the thought that you might be gay or just looking femme enough makes them feel safer . I never thought I'd be comfortable with guys on the dance floor but once I'm into the beat of the music or picking up with words in the song it doesn't bother me . Usually most of the guys are propping up the bar anyway , I must add I've never been in a gay bar , all the dances I've attended have been with my social groups in hotels , I still prefer the open parties .

I'm never certain where the comments come from with GGs , are they being genuine by saying you look great and they love what you're wearing or is it because they know you're male underneath and a little surprised you can look good in a dress ? I try to get it right as much as I can so I hope they are making a genuine compliment .
    Last edited by Teresa; 07-28-2019 at 06:06 AM.

Roberta, That is just wonderful!
    Crissy

Roberta, that's a nice affirmation! And I would think 80% or more GG audience lends an argument in favour of drag not being just a parody of women, though I hope this point doesn't wreck your thread!

Banned Read only
    IKR Thelise I feel accepted there. I don't think I have ever even got a sideways glance from a GG at the club. I believe they are being honest with their compliments. The restrooms there are non-gendered, but the one that doesn't have urinals is primarily used by GG's. I always get nice smiles when I am in there with GG's, specially when I am checking my makeup or tossing my hair in the mirror. One time a GG helped me tie my dress when she saw me fumbling with it saying "Let me get that for you honey. We like to help each other out in here"...

As for the drag, I have to admit when I first saw a show or two I did not really like the over the top presentations and tucking jokes. But that's drag and as Mikki Finn said "You have to be able to laugh at yourself". But after going to a few shows and getting to know a couple of the performers, I catch every show I can. Some of those girls are so talented. There are a couple that can actually sing and do cartwheels in stilettos. Not to mention the time and effort all that makeup takes. It was crazy hot in the club Friday. I couldn't imagine wearing a wig in that heat, let alone being on stage performing. The series of shows on Friday are a competition, so they also have to come up with a TWO themed outfits and makeup every week.

I think the GG's that like drag really do appreciate the effort the performers put in their appearance, and they probably appreciate that in me too.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 07-28-2019 at 11:19 AM.

Silver Member
    A lot of women seem to get us, don't they? I couldn't begin to speculate why, but one thought just occurred to me. Maybe when they see us, especially when we are doing it well, as you obviously are, they just like what they see without attaching any of the negative gender implications men seem to need to do. Its like, that dress is pretty and it looks very nice on you and that's good enough for me. Men can't see us that way. They process us through the lens of their toxic masculinity baggage and almost invariably conclude "Fail".

So it goes. I don't care. I'm way past that because I've had too many compliments from random women to think I'm doing this badly, and evidently so have you. Good on you sister, and keep on going!

Some interesting points raised here, but I'll keep it short and sweet for a change - good for you, Roberta!