Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is crossdress a kink or something else?

I can tell you what cross dressing is not, a phase that leaves after a while. My wife told me once that she thought it was a phase. I would guess that everyone, ok almost everyone here would agree on that.
    Crissy

I agree with Crissy, I would also add tht it is not kinky, a fetish or weird or a fantasy. Crossdressing no matter what level you are at is a very real thing having both meaning and truth. Dressing is something that will never go away it is within us all of the time.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

It’s an incredible journey. Initially for me, it was always surrounded with secrecy and shame but as I got older and went to college, I figured out who I was and began to accept this female side of me. Over the years, that self love/confidence allowed me to share it with my current wife who, luckily fully accepts and supports me.

I can also echo that it really doesn’t “go away” and really try to avoid purging and throwing things away trying to convincing yourself that if I throw it away, I won’t be tempted.

It is a spectrum and I personally really enjoy going for the full head to toe transformation as I’ve gotten older. Good luck!
    Last edited by Lux; 07-29-2019 at 10:32 PM.

Aspiring Member
    You ask a common question, and a very complicated one.
    Crossdressing is a kink, but not just a kink. As a kink it has sexual aspects. However, it also provides comfort, releases stress, and self identity. It is who I am. Kinks are normally caused for psychological reasons, but crossdressing may well have a biological origin. It seems to be how our brains are hardwired. Men's and women's brains are wired differently, using different neural pathways. Crossdressers and transgenders often have brains that are part male and part female.

Aspiring Member
    Who cares if it is a "kink" or not. If you are enjoying yourself and not hurting anyone else that's what matters. Having said that it can be depending how you and others, if you are out to others, take it. It's up to you. Sherrii

To some it's a kink but to others its anything but.

A lot of us start CDing really young. So when puberty rolls around yeah there's an element of kink, but then breathing a kink during those years. For some that persists but I'd hazard that for the vast majority of us sex is not at the heart of our dressing. We may still get aroused while dressed but not necessarily because we're dressed.

Whatever your own reason for your love of lingerie, Ashley, don't sweat it. No one here will judge whether it's a wanking aid or you eventually transition. You're among friends.

In the eyes of the mainstream society it is a kink. How you perceive it is up to you. For me it’s part of a female side to my nature. I see a look I like on a woman and want to copy it. There are worse kinks to have. Self acceptance is a hard thing to master. Understanding wife and friends help enormously. Good luck!