Thread: People Here Are Just Too Sweet

People Here Are Just Too Sweet

It’s pride week here in Cork, Ireland, and I was on my way to an outdoor event on Sunday. I booked in for a makeup lesson at MAC on the way (I do that whenever I need to buy makeup, because, why not... I get to learn). I had removed my wig for the lesson and hastily put it back on when I left. I went into a public ladies restroom to adjust and brush it. It was quite busy, and there was an older woman at the sink next to me. As soon as she saw me, she said loudly, “oh my god, your hair is gorgeous!” I was caught off-guard and could just manage a “thank you” and a smile (in guy mode, if someone says that, I usually go, “thanks, I grow it myself”, but I couldn’t very well say that about a wig). Anyway, she said “you’re very welcome”. Ostensibly she meant for the compliment, but I think there was a subtext of “you’re welcome to use the ladies”, and I just felt so much more at ease. It doesn’t take much to show acceptance, and just a simple thing made me feel warm inside. It’s just one incident of many, and it really makes me feel I chose a great city to live in!

- Manasi

I have been to Ireland a few times now (from Australia), and I have found them to be very open people, as long as you are genuine (to who you want to be). Ireland is a stunning place, enjoy it.

Nice one, Manasi.
    👍

Manasi, When I saw the title of your thread I was thinking you meant us, oh well. Getting a nice compliment is always a welcome thing.
    Crissy

I am glad it went so well. I am not into Pride things, though. i do not like the word pride. Humbleness is a virtue. I think a better word than pride is needed. Maybe "OK" or "Acceptance" . I am not a group think CD. Just my 2 cents worth. Be safe and have fun.

Tania, I'm glad that you had a positive interaction.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Ohh you guys on the forum are sweet too, of course!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Great interaction.

I absolutely love this! What a wonderful experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Manasi View Post
    Ohh you guys on the forum are sweet too, of course!
    Thank you Manasi, I feel better already. 😀
    Crissy

So happy you had a good experience!

I'm just happy there's someone else in Ireland besides me

Love this story. Thanks for sharing Manasi. Thinking out loud, I wonder how many here have used the ladies bathroom? I assume it's a must if you are out in girl mode.

> used the ladies bathroom? I assume it's a must if you are out in girl mode.

Yes I had to make a choice the first time that I got caught too far from the hotel to make it back without wetting myself

I decided the Ladies because women might get upset and shout at me (which is fair enough - I'm not happy about the situation either) but men might hit me, so that wasn't an option. I've stuck with that decision every since. That said, I have never had a problem of any kind. I was nervous the first few times but I don't even think about it now.

I am here in NC the "bathroom state"! I have had zero problems! So far... LOL Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I use the ladies’ when I’m out dressed, and no one has ever voiced discomfort. I would be very uncomfortable using the men’s, but I guess if I had to, I would. I am hoping I would be able to take care of myself physically in most situations, even in heels!

The only time I didn’t use the ladies when dressed was when I went to work as a woman for Halloween. As it was supposed to be a costume, I don’t think the girls at work would have been too happy. I asked the office manager and she said I could use the gender-neutral disabled one (we have 3 of them, and none of my colleagues are visibly disabled, so hopefully I wasn’t inconveniencing anyone).

- Manasi