Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving. How can I do is discretely with my girl clothes and shoes

Sports Luvin Girly cutiepiedanielle's Avatar

Moving. How can I do is discretely with my girl clothes and shoes

Hi there. I have a huge collection of shoes(I’m a shoe *****) and a few other pieces of clothing and other items like a wig, breast forms and a few purses. What’s the best way to discretely pack them away as I’m moving from my apartment into a new house where I’d like to have them discretely put away in a closet or place where a family member or guest won’t find them. Anyone have experience or advice? I’m thinking of throwing them in big boxes and stuffing my guy clothes on top? Might take them to the new house before the big moving day. I plan to be more active with my dressing and possibly going out as I make this move as I have my own space and not annoying neighbors who’d see me going out and about!!
    looking to get back into the lifestyle

I took all my clothes of all types in my car last time I moved, from apartment to house, not leaving that to the moving company. Some in boxes to be more discreet. But only moving a couple blocks so it wasn't a big deal.

Previous time I moved with someone else I got rid of almost everything but did hide a key thing or two amongst other stuff.
    Last edited by HelpMe,Rhonda; 07-30-2019 at 07:35 AM.

Put them in cardboard moving boxes, label as "Odd clothes, bedroom" and stick down with a lot of parcel tape. Nobody ever tries to peel off parcel tape just to have a peek.

I have a pickup truck so I just packed it all in boxes and moved the important stuff myself... but there were a few wardrobe boxes (those tall ones) that I filled with mixed items ... no one bothers to open your stuff especially clothes boxes lol.

FYI: uhaul storage places sell boxes at reasonable prices and they will take back any box you don’t use (refund)...

When I moved,a long,long time ago,I purchased some "sea trunks" for my femme things. They lock with a key and are stackable plus they come in various colors. I still use them for storage of winter clothing and such.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

I like your idea about using a big box with your guy stuff on top. Good luck.

One option for consideration might be duffel bags and suitcases. Pack your things in and leave them in the new closet. Generally assumed to be clothing inside so less likely to have prying eyes.

Banned Read only
    Cutie.....,
    I didn't realise I had so much stuff until I boxed it up . I just took my chance and boxed it up in strong boxes supplied by the removal company , I made sure I bought good quality tape and bound all the joins . I marked the boxes bedroom and the removal guys did the rest .
    As I was separating it was a very special moment for me to break open the seals and hang all my femme items in their correct place for the very first time , it's a wonderful feeling knowing no one is going to search your wardrobes and threaten purging them .

Aspiring Member
    Locked suit cases, locking trunks, taped boxes. Fiberglass reinforced "filament" tape is difficult to break or "untape" making a box hard to get into without a knife. Shouldn't be hard to find at Staples or hardware, or Lowes. Label box "old clothes", "work clothes", or something that isn't of value, then what room the box goes to. Got a lot of shoes? Put each pair in a plastic bag and mix them in with clothes so you don't have a box full of just shoes. Good luck with the move. Sherrii

Last time we moved, all boxes were taped shut and labeled, "master bedroom" or "basement". (like Sherrii above) No one looks inside since the destination is clearly marked. If it wasn't, they might be tempted to look inside to determine the best location. Straight forward labeling and nice solid tape will do the trick.

Traci
    I just want to be pretty once in a while

Danielle, as Teresa and Traci have said, strong cardboard boxes, and duct tape all seams and the top/bottom, well labelled with destination room. Don't be tempted to put too much in one box tho' many removal companies have a single box weight restriction that their employees can lift, (around 23Kg's - 50lbs) so you also need to mark any heavy boxes as 'Heavy Item'. Why boxes? they stack easier in the removal van or indeed your car, and are less likely to tip over and spill their contents. Good luck on the move.
    Carole

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum posts both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

Why not pack them in a box and send them by UPS to your new address?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Black garbage bags taped shut. People will know they r clothes. But, not for which gender!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Platinum Member
    It sounds as if you're moving a short distance (apartment to house). If you're worried about anyone getting into your stuff before you can find a secure place in your home I would recommend renting a U-Haul storage locker during the move. When our family moved from apartment to house we had to do a lot of painting and cleaning. That entailed leaving moving boxes stacked up in the middle of a room. If you must keep all your stuff together then follow the advice of marking the boxes as Rhoda suggested. We did that for a cross country move. It worked well.

Danielle,

As others have said, cardboard boxes, well taped and clearly labeled. I'm assuming you're using a moving company they will, again as others have said, simple leave them in the room you designate. In addition,without sounding suspicious, just tell the movers you'd like things left in the boxes for you to unpack. They'll be move than happy to oblige as it's less work for them to do.

This does sound like one of those situations were the fear of being outted has more to do with our own imagination that what actually happens in the real world. Should they find an item or two of female clothing well your girl friend leaves a few thing at your place for when she stops over. But that's already over thinking it.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Just put them in a box tape it shut. Mark it some boring thing like bedroom.
    You are make a big deal out of nothing.

Banned Read only
    Ever heard of a moving box?

It's a cardboard box you place your items in it and tape it shut. Then you write on the outside what room it goes in at the new house.

Nobody knows what's in it, only where to put it.

I haven't moved in a long time, but the last time I did, there was an extra charge for packing and another one for unpacking.

So, pack your clothes and stuff yourself, and just mark the room where the boxes should be placed. I don't think the movers will unpack anything that they're not getting paid to unpack.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Nobody looks inside a closed box, just label it in a way only you will recognize.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Pantyhose for everyone! Jennifer_Ph's Avatar
    Rent a storage locker for a month. Put your stuff in there, then bring it to the house when the coast is clear!
    xxoo
    Jennifer

Like others have said, cardboard boxes, tapped shut, labeled clothes, or bedroom. Use proper packing tape, not duct tape!

Why would anyone helping you move bother to look? Last time we moved the boxes were labeled with what room they were going to, master bedroom, kitchen, living room and so on. If you get help moving generally people just want to move your crap and leave. I have never had anyone want to stay and help unpack. last time we got everything moved, ordered pizza and beer, sat and B.S.'ed with the help for a half hour or so and they left.

If anyone wants to stay and help, tell them you will do the bedroom later as you want to sort things out and put them away the way you want. They can unpack the kitchen or living room boxes.

I really don't see it as a big deal.

Silver Member
    If you are using movers don't worry about the clothes. Put the clothes in boxes and let them do the hard work. Don't leave them in dressers as they can come open and sometimes they take the drawers out to reduce the weight. Movers don't care about who clothes they are. Be sure to take valuables out and keep them in your possession. If family is helping you move then see if you can rent a small storage room for cheap.

I'm getting a house built about 5 and a 1/2 hours away from where I currently live and have a lot of fem clothes to move, I have put a lot in cardboard boxes and used a lot of packing tape to seal them, I still have a lot more clothes to pack and them too will be going into cardboard boxes. It's the distance the house is away that has me concerned, a removalist will set me back about $3.500- and I have no idea of how much of the household contents the truck will hold, so I may have to use my car to transport my fem clothes to my new house, just hope it all fits in my car.
    Sophie Mosley

Quote Originally Posted by Sissy_in_pink View Post
    I'm getting a house built about 5 and a 1/2 hours away from where I currently live and have a lot of fem clothes to move, I have put a lot in cardboard boxes and used a lot of packing tape to seal them, I still have a lot more clothes to pack and them too will be going into cardboard boxes. It's the distance the house is away that has me concerned, a removalist will set me back about $3.500- and I have no idea of how much of the household contents the truck will hold, so I may have to use my car to transport my fem clothes to my new house, just hope it all fits in my car.
    At the start of the year I moved over 1000 miles to my new place in Indy. I decided to save the $7500 it would cost for movers to move all my stuff and just rent a U-haul and do a couple of trips.....8 round trips later I was hating life and just wished I had paid the money (or not accepted the new job!) Sometimes its worth just spending the money!!

Pantyhose for everyone! Jennifer_Ph's Avatar
    Don't forget about the brown truck - they can ship stuff to your new house as well.
    xxoo
    Jennifer