Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Female equivalent to CD?

Silver Member
    I have a GG friend who has engaged in F2M crossdressing, both as a performance and in public. She doesn't do it often but does do it once in a great while (she also loves dressing up as a "faux queen" and performing.) It isn't quite a perfect analog to M2F transvestism, but it is close.

Decades ago there were studies that found a small percentage of transvestites were women. If they would rather be called transmen OK, but to me transmen are transitioning rather than cross dressing.

"Female transvestism seems to be rare and of somewhat doubtful reality. Women's fashions are such as to allow a female transvestite to indulge her wish to wear male attire without being too conspicuous. Her deviation has been considered merely arrogant while male transvestism is to many objectionable because, in their opinion, it humiliates."

The TRANSSEXUAL PHENOMENON Harry Benjamin, M.D.

"You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

In my community we have a large group of college age students that frequent the coffee shop I go to. I see two or three girls (GG) that I believe would fit the scope of female crossdressers; men's clothing that fit (shoes also), hair style, no makeup, back pack - no purse, minimal if any breast present. These girls are slim petite and really cause a second look and I wonder if we as crossdressers cause the same question in onlookers minds. This is not exactly the way I envision transmen or lesbian presentation - but who knows, before this thread I never really tried to determine which one but felt a definite connection - still feeling like they have it easier and somewhat more accepting …..……………………………..Debra

Thank you, all, for great conversation and insight! I truly wish we lived in a world where everyone felt comfortable and safe wearing whatever made them happiest - without guilt, shame, or fear. I will do my best to do whatever I can in my own little world to support that notion.

Banned Read only
    Ressie, that's how I feel too. I didn't call myself a transwoman until I admitted to myself that I was indeed transgender.

Back at the time of the F2MCD name change that subforum was very active apparently with a lot of Transmen. They complained untill Tamera changed it for them, then within a few months they all left and that sub forum has never really been as active since.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 08-01-2019 at 05:46 PM.

This is an interesting societal issue. The fact is that in much of today's USA, women can wear what they want, whereas men cannot. For most women who wear clothes that are traditionally male, I suspect they do so a) because they find the garments worn as appealing to their sense of fashion; or b) because they are using clothing to make a statement about sex-related politics; or because other, similar women now present themselves in the same manner.

In my extended family, there are 4 married female couples. In each case, one has short hair, especially on the sides, and dresses in a very manly fashion. Her partner invariably is more feminine in appearance. I have no idea why that arrangement has emerged, but it seems very common these days. Is it truly crossdressing when the clothing worn in no longer the exclusive prerogative of the opposite sex?

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar
    I knew a few young people who on first glance would appear to be FtM crossdressers, but they would never identify that way. One is fully Trans and the others consider themselves Gender Queer or Gender Fluid.

Banned Read only
    JLove,
    Since being out full time I've had more conversations with people where they mention close family or friends who are F/M and the same terms do apply .

Quote Originally Posted by MarinaTwelve200 View Post
    Just that there are much FEWER Bio-Females who are into CD.
    I think that there are probably plenty of women who indulge in FTM crossdressing, they're just not noticed. Lots of women out there envy the public life that men have, only we don't notice it because, well, we are men. So it's not much of a stretch, for them to want to 'try on' that life for themselves, even if only a little bit. Go out and not be looked at at all? Check. Not having to carry a purse? Check. Wearing comfy shoes that you don't have to worry about messing up? Check. Lots more, but you can figure it out.

Just as a lot of us don't go all out 10/10ths trying to emulate a woman every time we crossdress, there are likely plenty of FTM crossdressers that probably don't, either. They stay under the radar because they can. WE CAN'T. I don't swish and sway. I don't change my body mechanics. I don't change my voice. I don't wear make up.
    But I can't wear any type of skirt, dress, or article of female styled without being clocked. Pretty much any woman who wants to wear men's Jockey shorts, a men's T shirt and plain men's socks in men's sneakers can also wear men's jeans and a men's shirt without being noticed at all. She crossdresses with zero notice whenever she wants. Maybe when she is at home alone, she plays at walking with a swagger and plays with her voice, lowering it and reducing to an almost monotone. She can outwardly change her gait into a men's type without notice as well, witn zero notice (unless she decides to go full macho swagger which would give what she's doing, away)No one would ever know.
    Would I go out wearing panties, woman's capri pants, kitten heels, a pretty, lacey top, earrings if it were going to be unnoticed by everyone else? Sure. But that's not reality. For a woman, the reverse is certainly not only possible, but actually practical, and no one blinks an eye. They don't have to wear male designed clothes designed to fit a woman's figure. They can wear actual men's clothing. So if they want to crossdress, they can do it whenever they want. So are there probably way more FTM crossdressers out there than we suspect? You betcha. And no one will ever know. You can catch a few, if you look really, really carefully, but I'll bet no one ever does.
    Maybe zero make up; hair tucked up under a baseball cap. Clipped nails, no polish. No earrings. No rings, bracelets, but a men's watch is present. Plain black phone. NO purse, simple wallet in her back pocket. Stuff in other pockets. Worn out in parts, or maybe slightly torn looking flannel work shirt, while women who usually WILL wear a men's shirt, but not a scrungy one. Maybe worn looking steel toed work shoes or engineer boots even though she's just out shopping at Ulta. But since you can't spot the men's underwear, that clue is gone.
    Is she a FTM crossdresser? Possibly. But because she's free to wear what she wants, we'll never actually know.

While my ex never wore men's underwear (AFAIK), she certainly wore casual men's clothing a lot (loose jeans & loose fitting T shirt,s, well worn flannel shirts, even rugged men's work shoes especially in bad weather so I can't chalk that up to it, but maybe? Who knows) and eliminated many stereotypical feminine behaviors from her public presentation. And I suppose there are a lot of other women who do the same.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 08-03-2019 at 03:26 PM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Banned Read only
    Lexi,
    There is a difference on the whole F/M don't crossdress on a whim , most do have GD , they don't want to appear more macho but just look masculine rather than feminine.

Silver Member
    The female equivalent to "crossdresser" is called a "woman", even if she's very much on the masculine end of the gender spectrum. Like Ellen deGeneris, married to the much girlier Portia de Rossi or Stephanie Allyne's wife Tig Notaro, no matter how they present, they are still women, and don't you dare challenge them on that point.

On the other hand, we may yet arrive at the point where there is no confusion or fear about what we are. We have not been on anyone's radar screen as long as have the G's B's, L's, or T's.

Lexi,

I tend to agree with your essay on the whole, minor points excluded.
    GeorgeA
    formerly Salerba

"a miad" Man-in-a-Dress