I have been going out in public virtually from day one of my crossdressing. The majority of the outings were with other crossdressing friends from the local crossdressing social group. Due to my hopping on every opportunity to do something in the early years, I became the one to be always asked to go out. A few of those friends have been well seasoned in going out before I joined the group.

One of those seasoned friends had a website/blog where she described and displayed pictures of her outings. The majority of the outings were to the mall to “shop”. She would often mention how the people’s reaction was to her and not much about the activities. Well if you noticed earlier I put the word shop in quotations, the reason being that every time I joined her in an activity she didn’t really partake in the activity. I would be the one going thru the racks at the stores, reading the information plaques at museums, enjoying the art at the galleries while she is busy taking pictures (selfies and of me) or “stand and modelling”. Quite obvious that she takes great joys in being just out, reading people’s reaction and not really doing the activity.

I have come across several other crossdressing folks that tend to be similar. I have become quite selective in recent years and tend to just to accept invites from the folks that actually partake in the activities.

My question is do you want to be just in the public eye or do you actually do the activity?