Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Home Alone The Early Years and that camera

Owe how connected the photos they are. For many years it was the only thing I could do after making myself pretty but now if I'm going out I find it difficult to find the time , but still there's at least a couple selfies snapped while out and about. Also I don't think I would have made as much progress becoming passable without the pics to reflect on. And holy crap 2 hours a week I wouldn't have survived on that amount of time
    Treat me like a princess
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lexi-dreams/

This is a fun thread, Brenda, thanks! I totally agree with everyone who has loved your pic. You look great head to toe.

I've been crossdressing since an early age, so it was a long time until digital photos. The first pics I took of myself fully dressed with wig and makeup was with a film camera and a tripod. I clearly remember taking them in for processing. Even though the process was obviously very private--the clerk that gives you back the processed photos doesn't see them. But it was still a step for me. Unfortunately I don't have them anymore. And honestly, they weren't great, but were still a moment in time and I wish I would have at least saved a couple.

I don't take many pics now.

I didn't start taking Danielle photos until digital cameras came along because I was afraid of taking photos in to be developed. I started by borrowing a 1 megapixel Apple QuickTime camera from the high school I worked at but no surprise a 1 megapixel camera doesn't take the best photos although I do still have a few them saved in the Danielle archives. For me taking photos is a very important part of my Danielle days as they are a historical record of the progress in my female presentation. Plus some older ones provide a good chuckle with the older fashion styles, hairstyles, and of course blue eyeshadow.

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    Never tried self portraits in the film era, even while dressing for many years. Would have never dared as the Walgreen's photo department (or whomever) always wanted to show a sample of your printed pics to demonstrate how well they came out!!!

Perhaps 15 years ago, finally with an adequate digital camera plus tripod, I began to explore such "selfies". And could not beat the cost of this latest image technology!

L