Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many here think, There should be more known about cross dressing by now

Helen, Well said. The pushing little girls to believe they are little princesses, is crazy too. My only sister was the firstborn, and my parents never corrected her, and she thinks she has never done anything wrong ever, and is perfect.

I think Fran-K hits the high spots.

I disagree with the idea there is no research or information available. Back in 1974-1975 I was a senior in high school and a debater. When we would go to college libraries to do research on that year's debate topic, I would look up books on transvestism to understand why I wanted to wear girls' clothes. I found out I wasn't the only one, and that was of help to me. Since those days there have been books written on cross dressing such as "My Husband Wears My Clothes" and "My Husband Betty" (two that I have; there have been others of course), and 40+ years more research.

The reason as to a lack of research on what causes cross dressing is the same on the lack of research on why some people are gay or bi-sexual or asexual; we just don't know why. Crossdressing is no longer considered to be a psychological disorder so what medical reason is there to do research?

And the idea stated by one poster is that people are crossdressers until they transition is utter nonsense. A person can have gender dysphoria and not wish to dress as the opposite sex and there are plenty of crossdressers that do not have gender dysphoria.

Having read a number of back stories on here most of the CDs on this board were simply intrigued by wearing girls clothes when we were young. We don't know why. We just were. The important thing is knowing we aren't unusual, there a number of people like us, and in the end, there is nothing wrong with wearing clothes associated with the opposite sex.

By now, people should know more about a lot of things, including crossdressing.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Platinum Member
    I've read and read and read some more on the internet about men who wear women's clothing. I've yet to read any conclusive answer as why I do what I do. On the surface it really does not make any sense. Why would a man want to go against societal norms and expectations and be scorned and ignored and worse? Why have many on this site felt the need to wear little girl's clothing at a young age, while others in the waning years of life? I don't know if there is a common denominator ascribed to cross dressers. I've asked the questions many times on this site, and, truly have not gotten any answer. Yes, many have stated how they feel when wearing women's clothing. Or it brings stress relief. And, so on. There's really too many variables in the human population to do an adequate survey.

Silver Member
    I believe the general public today knows that CDing isn't all that unusual, more so than 10 years ago. It's just a matter of evolving over time. I can speculate that the same is true for TG, compared to 10 years ago, much of it coming from news and social media knowledge of CD and TG children, their schooling, and their parents help and understanding. Just my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny22 View Post
    I believe the general public today knows that CDing isn't all that unusual, more so than 10 years ago. It's just a matter of evolving over time. I can speculate that the same is true for TG, compared to 10 years ago, much of it coming from news and social media knowledge of CD and TG children, their schooling, and their parents help and understanding. Just my thoughts.
    Great point, I fell that general acceptance or more like support is hopefully coming around the Corner for cross dressing/TG but as you said its taking time a new decade is coming....

Quote Originally Posted by TheHiddenMe View Post

I disagree with the idea there is no research or information available. Back in 1974-1975 I was a senior in high school and a debater. When we would go to college libraries to do research on that year's debate topic, I would look up books on transvestism to understand why I wanted to wear girls' clothes. I found out I wasn't the only one, and that was of help to me. Since those days there have been books written on cross dressing such as "My Husband Wears My Clothes" and "My Husband Betty" (two that I have; there have been others of course), and 40+ years more research.

The reason as to a lack of research on what causes cross dressing is the same on the lack of research on why some people are gay or bi-sexual or asexual; we just don't know why. Crossdressing is no longer considered to be a psychological disorder so what medical reason is there to do research?

And the idea stated by one poster is that people are crossdressers until they transition is utter nonsense. A person can have gender dysphoria and not wish to dress as the opposite sex and there are plenty of crossdressers that do not have gender dysphoria.
    Anecdotes, such as those appearing in books on the subject, are not research. To be sure, we know that a lot of those accounts are spot on, if only because they so often align with our experience, but there is absolutely know recent, academically rigorous research on the CD community in decades, if ever.

Because "we don't know why" is precisely why research is done. And it is to ignore the obvious to claim that there is no practical need for such research. The stories shared here daily, make it clear that there is need for greater understanding of what drives a significant portion of the male population to crossdress. The TS population is far better understood than the CD population. That understanding came about through the efforts of those who valued knowledge for it's own sake.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

Most of the studies on transvestism were done decades ago. Why do some men become CDs?

I can't come up with resources, but I've seen more evidence lately that there is a gene involved meaning it's genetic. Also it might be developed through dreams we have while in the womb. These dreams also involve our parents' genes.

As far as why more people don't understand CDs? Most simply aren't interested.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Banned Read only
    HiddenMe ,
    Please note I did say POSSIBLY and not DEFNITELY ALL ! Which doesn't make it nonsense .