Thread: A Funny Misunderstanding

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar

A Funny Misunderstanding

OK got to share this story and I'll make it quick. It's really only funny if you know what GenCon is, and I have a feeling some of you won't. GenCon is the biggest table top gaming convention (Dungeons and Dragons) in the US, it's been around for 60ish years and focuses on nerd stuff. 15 years ago I would have liked to go, as I was heavily into all kinds of gaming, but not now.

So My wife and I are taking a little trip to Indiana for the weekend maybe, and I mentioned we could go to Indianapolis and some museums or something. She said maybe. I asked a friend who lives in Indy what would be cool to do and they told me that GenCon was this weekend so the city would be packed with Nerds.

This evening I told my wife that I had talked to an internet friend and they told me that Indianapolis was hosting GenCon this weekend. She looked at me kind of ticked and said, "I thought this weekend was for us."

"No it is I just thought it was wild that GenCon was this weekend," I replied.

Her ticked look became a pissed look, "Well sounds like fun, I hope you and your friend have a good time."

"I don't think they're going, and I'm not into that stuff anymore, so I don't even really want to go," I replied.

"What do you mean you're not into it, you've been wearing a dress all day," she said.

"Hey, wait, umm, what do you think GenCon is?" I asked.

"Well isn't it Gender Con, like a big transgender convention or something," she said.

"Umm, no."

I have friends that go every year and they always go to Indianapolis. None of them have ever let a crossdressing desire out of the bag.

I have tickets to GenCon! (We live in Indy)

Unfortunately work commitments mean that I may only get to spend one day there, but it should be fun!

60 years?! That's some rounding up there! Lol

And surely GenCon could only be bettered for CDing amongst the muggles by ComicCon. 'Is that a dress?' 'Well yes dear, but I'm going as my D&D character'.

See also: 'Is that a leather catsuit?' 'Well yes dear, but you know I love Black Widow'.

😉

Sarah, gender convention is where my mind went when I saw GenCon.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".