I'm a male in my 40s and have worn women's clothes most of my life either in private or occasionally in public.

Now, I'm worried I may not be able to dress for up to several years, because I suddenly noticed several bumps on my genitals and the doctor thinks they are molluscum contagiosum, a "harmless" skin virus that is mainly caught by direct skin contact but can be transmitted anywhere such as on door handles or yoga mats in public gyms.

At first, I thought the lumps were large hair follicles resulting from ingrown hairs because I shave my body so often, and unusually, shaving (before I knew they were likely molluscum) did not knock the tops off the spots. But I have since been advised that shaving is lethal in spreading the virus, so I'm dismayed that my hair has started to grow, making me feel disgusting and manly.

I'm wondering if I contracted molluscum by wearing preloved clothes bought on EBay and similar? But I always wash any underwear I buy, and I haven't worn panties for several months, only jeans and slacks, which are surely unlikely to spread molluscum?

My wife who knows about my dressing wonders if it's not molluscum after all, because the several spots have not spread to other parts of my body, and we wonder if maybe they are cysts or some other dermatological skin issue caused by me tucking when I go running, perhaps the constant friction, heat and damp causing problems?

Doctors can be slow, so I was keen to see if anyone on here has ever developed genital warts, molluscum, cysts or similar, and whether it stopped them crossdressing or they continued but were careful with towels, etcetera?

Thanks so much!