Thread: Hoping to be on HRT soon

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hoping to be on HRT soon

I have finally made an appointment to see an Endocrinologist so I can go on HRT , only thing is the earliest appoint was 3 months away
    Sophie Mosley

Always the way! The minute you decide what you want to do for the rest of your life you want the rest of your life to start right away! (Paraphrased from “When Harry Met Sally” )

Best wishes!!

What has caused you to pursue this course of therapy?

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Have a letter from your therapist?

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Kelly View Post
    What has caused you to pursue this course of therapy?
    I have been cross-dressing all my life and since my divorce, I have been living as a female. But I feel that there is something missing, I want to feel like a female on the inside as well as look like one. This may not be the best reason to go on HRT but I'm 64 and don't want to go to my grave without the experience of HRT.
    Sophie Mosley

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Describing HRT as an experienced is a little unusual. I can relate a little to your situation. The difference being my wife and I are still very much together. I took hormones for a few months when I was in my early 30's. Circumstances change and I stopped taking them. Who can say how my life may have altered had I continued. All I know is. These days I remain a happy content crossdresser.

Be sure, to use the three months wait well. I wish you the very best for your own future however it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sissy_in_pink View Post
    I have been cross-dressing all my life and since my divorce, I have been living as a female. But I feel that there is something missing, I want to feel like a female on the inside as well as look like one. This may not be the best reason to go on HRT but I'm 64 and don't want to go to my grave without the experience of HRT.
    So... no counseling? Assuming not, I would suggest that you pursue that first. At our age (I'm a couple of years younger than you), HRT carries significant risks (and some risk at any age), so you want to be sure it's the right course. It may well be, but as a search for "something missing", I'd want to explore other options first.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

Rhonda you are 64 and single, so if Australia has an informed consent model, and HRT is a bucket list item, then try it and see if it is for you.

While I would also ordinarily tell you to see a therapist and pay lip service to all the gatekeepers, being of a certain age and divorced makes things different—because if anything goes wrong, you are hurting no one but yourself, and HRT is far less likely to kill you than a high performance sports car or BASE jumping or trying to summit Mt Everest, to name a few.

HRT May even lower your blood pressure—it was certainly very good for mine.

I had Facial Feminization Surgery in July. Now three weeks later the swelling has finally gone down enough for me to see my new, smaller chin, higher, more feminine eyebrows, new hairline, etc and I cannot stop smiling—even though at 56 years old it was a long, tough recovery.

Enjoy every minute of whatever you choose in life—because at our age there are never enough minutes left to enjoy.

Cheers, Carly
    Carries a spray bottle of "pink fog" around with her in her purse at all times.