Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Crossdressers Anthem

Banned Read only
    Tracii, because the chorus is "Man I feel like a woman". My anthems are very similar.

Not so much about crossdressing per se, but more about just feeling feminine.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 08-02-2019 at 01:50 PM.

Suzanne Vega: As Girls Go

Quote Originally Posted by alwayshave View Post
    Lola by the Kinks comes to mind.
    HAHAHA LOL, I was singing that song on my last bike ride! Love it!

Silver Member
    Song: 'I gotta be me'... Google it for the lyrics (Sammy Davis, Jr,). They are Perfect.

How about "A Boy Named Sue"?
    GeorgeA
    formerly Salerba

"a miad" Man-in-a-Dress

Quote Originally Posted by HelpMe,Rhonda View Post
    Suzanne Vega: As Girls Go
    Agreed, can’t get much more on topic than “As Girls Go”

Hell-o All,
    Can’t help but see this is pretty much all but forgetting we have some brothers that don’t care much for “feelin like a woman”.
    Yes, there are plenty of songs that have been produced to keep the majority of us here happy, but a dedicated CD’er anthem is gonna have to be ALL inclusive.

My Offering..
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zej0z-f23Vc

Much Love,
    Kristyn
    Last edited by Hell on Heels; 08-06-2019 at 01:12 AM.
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

My favourite is I WAS BORN A WOMAN by Sandy Posey.

From "South Pacific" - " Gonna wash that man right out of my hair" That is normally what I sing while getting dressed.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Beautiful by Christina Aguilera pretty common to find me jamming out to that song when I'm making myself pretty
    Treat me like a princess
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lexi-dreams/

How about "Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a pict" by Pink Floyd from the Ummagumma album. I think it sums up all CDer's.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    That is one of Pink Floyd's best albums BTW.
    Careful with that axe Eugene !!

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Allisa View Post
    How about "Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a pict" by Pink Floyd from the Ummagumma album. I think it sums up all CDer's.
    Great one. I don't have that album, but down loaded the MP3 onto my youngest iPod when he was about 12. Hmmm, maybe that's why he has such strange taste in music now?????

I believe in miracles Hot Chocolate
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

I'm surprised that so far, no one has yet mentioned "Take a Walk on the Wildside" by Lou Reed, "Rebel, Rebel" by David Bowie, "I'm Coming Out" by The Supremes, or even "Born This Way" by Lady Gaga. I also think that "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" by Cyndi Lauper in many ways encapsulates our envy of "girl world" and why we want to experience it vicariously the way we do.

On the other hand, we can't take ourselves too seriously either, and I've always gotten a kick out to Bob Rivers' "Twisted Christmas" parody of "Winter Wonderland" entitled "Walking 'Round in Women's Underwear". Who among us can't relate to that (insert honorable mention of the "The Lumberjack Song" by the Monty Python crew here)...LOL!

Yep. Deffinately a contender for me along with Girls just wanna have fun by cyndi lauper

Quote Originally Posted by JennniferMcC View Post
    Who loves the song "I Enjoy Being A Girl" from Flower Drum Song? If you're not familiar with it you have to YouTube it. It's wonderful! I nominate it for the Crossdressers Anthem. Any other nominees?
    Flower Drum Song is a favorite of mine. And what a wonderful song! But more than that, it was the video it accompanied which made me watch it over and over again during my more dysphoric years. I Enjoy Being a Girl.

As a fan of classic film, here are a couple more nominees, sure to satisfy anyone's dysphoria:

From the film Silk Stockings, a scene with Cyd Charrise. No words, but her actions speak for themselves. It helps if you understand the character a little bit. Silk Stockings(1957) is a musical remake of the 1939 film Ninotchka, with Greta Garbo. Charrise plays Garbo's title character role as an oppressed & suppressed Russian agent, on assignment in Paris. In this scene, she finally succumbs to her more feminine desires; the video says it all. It helps if you watch the entire film. It's even in color, for you B&W-phobes.

Another classic, from 1963(also in color), is a scene from Bye Bye Birdie, with Ann Margaret.
    How Lovely To Be A Woman

Searching for that video, I came across a version that's a little more #metoo:
    How Lovely to be a Woman in 2017

Thanks for posting Jennifer
    Jinny

"The man I'll never be" by Boston

Reading another thread (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...66133-At-birth I was struck by how many of us struggle to some extent or other with our CDing.
    I was reminded of the lyrics to the Depeche Mode song 'Suffer Well' (http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SsKyxkfj8ak).
    Now I'm not saying that this song is about crossdressing per se, but considering it was written by Martin Gore, who wrote 'Something to Do' which assuredly IS about crossdressing and that Gore appears in the Suffer Well video in a wedding dress, well, it's easy to make the lyrics fit.
    Check it out, see if you agree.
    Last edited by abbiedrake; 08-11-2019 at 05:30 AM.
    Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go - T. S. Eliot

How glorious it is, and also how painful, to be an exception - Alfred De Musset

Sometimes even to live is an act of courage - Seneca

We suffer more often in imagination than in reality - Seneca

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post
    I'm surprised that so far, no one has yet mentioned "Take a Walk on the Wildside" by Lou Reed, "Rebel, Rebel" by David Bowie

Really? Guess my post don't count.

But there really are too many to choose from. How about "lm just a girl" By Gwen Stefanie?

there are lots of good ones HOw about Shock Treatment Little lack dress by Richard Obrian
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 11-10-2019 at 06:22 AM. Reason: link removed due to not working
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan4now View Post
    Really? Guess my post don't count.

But there really are too many to choose from. How about "lm just a girl" By Gwen Stefanie?
    My, my - aren't we touchy?

Sorry I missed the Lou Reed reference in your earlier post. On the other hand, unlike you, I took the trouble to cite an actual David Bowie song as opposed to just throwing out a general reference to him the way you did. I call it a draw...

YOULOVEMYTOES Palaina Nocturnus's Avatar
    I love Material Girl by Madonna but for a more current song I do think Born This Way by Lady Gaga covers the entire LGBTQ community very nicely

gonna wash that man right outta my hair

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Irving View Post
    I have no problem listening to La Villa Strangiato when I am dressed.
    Great piece. Makes me want to head down to the local MJ dispenary.

Quote Originally Posted by Sometimes Steffi View Post
    Shania Twain - Man! I Feel Like A Woman!
    Yes! She has a couple that always made me feel girly all over.

This one's not a song, really, but a snippet from the movie Gypsy, with Natalie Wood: I'm a pretty girl, mama
    Jinny