Thread: Flying Pretty

Flying Pretty

Today, for the first time ever, I flew pretty — dressed completely as a girl, down to shoes and purse, but still using my male IDs.

The timing was perfect for this adventure. There is no passport control flying into London. I would be travelling alone, quite unusually. And, it’s Pride Week here in Cork, so people are more than normally aware of non-binary and genderfluid people. My IDs not matching my gender presentation would matter less.

I reached the airport and stood in the check-in queue. This was it, the first test. It being an international flight without passport control, the airline representatives would check all my IDs and documents here. If I were refused entry or boarding, that would be it — I had no plan B. I had no guy clothes ready, no makeup remover handy. I would have to go home to do all that, and I would miss my flight. I reached the desk and...

Nothing. So far, it has been a complete non-issue. Check-in was a breeze, so was security. Neither the airline agents nor the security personnel even so much as blinked. I was called “love” by the guy behind the security screening, and that for me meant I had passed. I stayed in the boarding lounge sipping coffee, and then boarded the plane. Deplaning was just as uneventful. From Heathrow, I took an express to Paddington and a Black Cab to my hotel in Westminster, the whole thing very routine. Checking in at the hotel was fun, I got “ma’am”-ed several times.

- Manasi
    Last edited by char GG; 08-03-2019 at 05:52 AM. Reason: Removed political reference.

Hi Manasi,

That's great! I'm glad it went so well for you. I would love to fly pretty someday.

Elizabeth

Hi Manasi, Well you get to check off another box. I’m happy things went so well for you.
    Crissy

Manasi, Good on you! Glad you had no issues.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Quote Originally Posted by Manasi View Post
    If I were refused entry or boarding, that would be it — I had no plan B. I had no guy clothes ready, no makeup remover handy.
    Could you imagine what would happen if an airline refused to transport its paying passengers to their destination unless they took off some make up and changed clothes?

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Irving View Post
    Could you imagine what would happen if an airline refused to transport its paying passengers to their destination unless they took off some make up and changed clothes?
    Now that you put it this way, you’re so right! In my mind it was always them refusing on the basis of IDs not matching the person travelling, but of course I’m still me!

Silver Member
    It's a fantasy to fly pretty, but it will never happen. I cannot go thru the metal detector for medical reasons and I always have to be patted down, so flying pretty is not on my to do list.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Irving View Post
    That is exactly what happened to a friend of mine,
    Sarah West from the UK, when flying on United Airlines in the US. She was already in her seat when she, in front of all the other passengers, was ordered to get off the plane and change to male clothing.
    She even showed them a letter from her doctor stating she is TS.
    Caused a major incident and a lawsuit.
    You can google it.
    -Suzie

Fortunately, it appears that Suzie’s friend, Sarah West had her problem with United Airlines in 2001. Although we’ve had advances and setbacks with our rights, I don’t think anyone flying pretty has been harassed by an airline or TSA in the last several years. The wild card these days is probably other passengers who may attempt to make a scene.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Just a little compliment, such as being called love, makes the birds sing and the Sun shine. I was going to fly pretty on a return from Amsterdam, but had a contract job to do in the morning, so had too little time to prep before hand.
    The lack of a plan B is good, as you have to go with the decision. No dipping out at that point. I'm left feeling envious of you. Glad you had an epic time though.

Becky
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk