Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How has your dressing evolved since the first time you dressed?

How has your dressing evolved since the first time you dressed?

I started as a teen, wearing my Mom's lingerie and dresses and sometimes playing with makeup. I admit I was hooked the first time I put on a slip, it felt amazing and I could not imagine not continuing to do it, so every chance I had I was getting dressed. As I got older I started shaving, when I thought I could get away with it, and trying to spend as much time as I could dressed. After leaving home I purchased my own things and continued to dress anytime that I could and now I didn't have to worry about shaving so I happily went totally smooth and loved it. Now I have a closet full of girl clothes, dresser full of lingerie and a lot of heels, tons of wigs and a lot of makeup. I dress a lot more, I have went out in public, some friends know I dress and I enjoy the ability to purchase the clothes I want to wear and enjoy changing fashions and cute outfits. This has been my experience, please tell me about yours I would love to hear them, thanks.

I started out wearing panties. Now I have a closet full of anything I want to wear.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I do it every day now?

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    My top 3 are;
    I have my own fashion sense now that isn't dependent on a few "borrowed" items.
    I'm comfortable being casual.
    I don't have to wear shoes that don't fit.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Hummmm, lets see, in a nutshell, no heart palpitations or profuse sweating, no jumping at every noise and above all no sexual arousal anymore. Does living full time count?
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Aspiring Member
    My dressing has totally evolved.

I started by trying on my mom's panties. It felt great, the smoothness of the material was exhilarating (compared to my tightie whities). I eventually worked up to my mom's swimsuits (she had 2, one swimdress and the other a 2 piece, bikini bottom and tie behind top). I then moved onto the other items in her closet, dress, separates (blouse/skirt combo).

As I got older, I started to buy my own stuff, swimsuits, aerobic tights/leggings (yes, 80s and I regret purging those), and shapewear.

Fast forward to today, I've now included items like makeup, wig, jewellery. Wendy has her own closet with her own set of outfits, including an expanded set of shapewear and 110+ one piece swimsuits.

Yes, it has come the full circle. Now I dress 100% with full makeup, jewelry and of course a wig. I also just have perfume on while dressing. The process is as full and fun as the going out when I ger dressed. I just wish I could go out in a pretty mode instead of a blending in mode. Maybe someday I will be able to party with others of this interest.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/

My first experience was when I was young. The instant I put on a pair nylon stockings, I was hooked. For several years, I was only interested in hose. Then one day, out of the blue, I began trying on other things...some I enjoyed, others..so-so.
    Now, I have everything, and more, I need and dress, to some degree, every day. Other than my supportive wife, no one knows.

Evolved from just the thrill of pantyhose to out and about woman
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

My style has gotten "younger." I'm comfortable wearing a Junior's crop top and short shorts in public that shows off my figure. Though I'm short enough that you can't see bare skin at the waist unless I raise my hands.

Started out as just Lingerie when I was a teenager.
    Now a full closet of womens clothes.
    No doubt more then most women have.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I started out with my mom's panties, which was very exciting, if you catch my drift. The I discovered her girdles. I loved how tight they were on me. Then, or course bras, stuffed with socks. My mom didn't have any pantihose, only stockings. I watched a movie on TV where one of the actresses pulled on and hitched up stockings to her girdle. That's how I figured out how to use the garters on the girdles.

Next, I got into my mom's lipstick and jewelry. She didn't have her ears pierced, so I could try on her earrings.

My mom alwas had a very neat and organized pantie drawer. I was always very careful to put everything back where it came from. One time, I opened her pantie drawer and it was all messed up. I thought it was a trap to catch me, so I didn't touch anything in her room. I went down to the basement where she kept her "extra" clothes. I found a couple of bathing suits, and all kinds of other clothes that I didn't have to worry do much about putting them back "correctly". She also had some jewelry down there, including a ring that almost got stuck on my finger.

But, best of all, the had a beautiful, blue, heavily-beaded evening gown. I thing it would have fit me at that time, but I was afraid to pull the zipper all the way up, in case I got stuck in it.

Fast forward to today. Name a piece of women's clothing (except socks) and I probably have more of them than my wife does. SInce I'm in a DADT marriage, my wife tolerates, but doesn't want to see me dressed, never mind shop with me. As a result, I've always shopped myself, or with TG friends, and I've developed my own style, totally different than my wife. I've gone out and about a lot, been to Keystone 8 times, and I've probably gotten 30 makeovers.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

It started with mom and sisters clothes than I started buying my own. Now Amanda is her own person. She is very happy to be her.
    Amanda

My taste is now less fantasy teenage hooker-like clothes, more towards things actual women would wear.

Michelle,

Mine is similare to many. Mon's girdlesand stockings, early additions were items "rescued" from the jumble sale bag. Into my 20's are started buying things for myself but on the pretense that there were presents which meant I squeezed my size 9's into size 7's.

Firstly the internet told me I wasn't alone and online shopping and this forum gave me so much confidence.

Now my wardrobe is populated with things that fit me and suit my age. I hope I've learned to put together outfits that range from smart casual through to classic elegance.

Above all else I've learned to be confident in my choices. To buy things I'll actually be prepared to wear out and about and not just for the mirror to admire.

I'm still not sure that you can have enough shoes though.

Like so many, small beginninhgs just panties and tights but the desire to dress more and be myself only came about after my 2nd divorce to now with a resonable wardrobe and being able to please myself.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

I started with panties and pantyhose, trying on my mom's heels and clothes. Gradually I advanced to my own clothes, shoes, wigs and makeup. But I never came out. I still crossdress in secret while at home or go out in the night or foreign cities when I don't expect to cross paths with someone I know.

I started wearing my moms tights when I was very young but never went too far beyond that. When running tights became popular I began wearing those on my runs. In my 40's I progressed to full dressing; and at 65 I continue to dress and present my feminine side.

Well, I began with my Mom's things I found in the clothes hamper. Needless to say, it was things like panties and such. I was such a child back in the 60's! Now, I am much older, divorced, and on my own. I adore being Roxanne Lanyon, and I wear pretty dresses, Capri's, and much more fashionable clothing. In fact, I built a closet in my basement to house all of my dainties and other feminine items! Yes, I am Roxanne Lanyon, and I try to be a girl! I am even looking for a partner in all of this, so I can enjoy it all with companionship! No, not a wife, but someone who also likes, loves, people who dress and love femininity!

Your Girl, Roxanne Lanyon
    As Sweet As I Can Ever Be

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Charles View Post
    My top 3 are;
    I have my own fashion sense now that isn't dependent on a few "borrowed" items.
    I'm comfortable being casual.
    I don't have to wear shoes that don't fit.
    Sarah took the words right out of mouth....Amen!
    Jill

Banned Read only
    I began as a child, wearing my mother's and sister's tights and underwear. That went on for some time. When I went away for college that evolved into dressing in skimpy outfits (mostly in private). In my 20s I began to go out dressed and was not very concerned with passing or blending in. I mostly dressed for nightlife and for the entertainment of certain boys. Then I stopped for several years. Over the past couple of years I have been perfecting my ability to blend in as a woman of my age, and have really enjoyed spending time interacting with people and just being out as a woman without drawing attention to myself.

Like so many I started young (about 5) with Mom's panties (I still love nylon styles), then a bra, then pantyhose.
    From there it was onward and upward. As I got older it was dresses and heels, then makeup in my teens. I have to admit I looked pretty trashy as my only guide for makeup was Playboy magazine and I was terrible at application. Puberty brought all the excitement that the forbidden and the fabrics held.
    Later it was more classy, but still heels and hose were a must.

Now I'm just the average lady you see anywhere you go.
    Heels and hose and a lovely dress for the occasion, shorts, sandals and a cute top in the summer, my swimsuit at the lake, jeans and a pretty sweater in the fall with boots or shooties. I'm not a wall flower, but I'm not the stunning rose in the bouquet either. I'm just another flower that has grown and blossomed and is part of the overall and I love it.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I was talking to one of my friends (GG) about this Friday night at the bar.

My friends have whated me grow. From someone unsure about everything to just one of the girls.

I have developed my own style. I dress more like my friends, but I prefer to wear dresses. I don't care if I'm the only one wearing a dress.

I rarely wear stockings, this is because of my friends. They don't wear them and don't want me to either. In stead like my friends I maintain a tan.

Also I no longer wear wigs . My friends got me to stop and grow my hair out. I have it dyed at one of my closest friends shop. I'm not ready to be an old gray haired lady and may never be . Besides it gives us a chance to visit with my friend as I have to get my roots done once a month.

The biggest change would be instead of adding padding to make my clothes fit, I wear clothes that fit my body. This is something I did early on when I was trying to find my own style.

Back in the day, I’d put on a dress and call it a day. Also, I was very closeted back then.

Now I’m out and have friends (well, one of them) who jokes that he doesn’t have to remember my fem name when he sees me out and about in drab.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Growing up with sisters, nimble fingers could help with rollers. Mom's bras beckoned from her lingerie drawer.
    So obsessed with breasts, I had to have my own.
    Later on after finally determining there was nothing wrong with my adventures and that it was a special gift,
    I started truly exploring the female experience. Now it's my favorite secondary activity that exemplifies everything else.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!