Thread: Today I saw a MIAS

Today I saw a MIAS

Today I was at a stop light and observed what was a nice sight for me. I saw what I assumed was a mother and a daughter walking in the crosswalk, until they turned to where I could see them. The man was wearing a skirt and was out with who I assume was his daughter--she appeared to be about 4 years old.

He was a bigger bearded guy, wearing a full length skirt paired with a t-shirt top. I guess it's worth mentioning that he wasn't wearing a bra that I could see, so probably not. I actually liked the skirt. Kind of like tie dye, multi color and pleated.

Anyhoo, that warmed my heart. I was kind of hyper-sensitive watching everyone around and looking for that point-and-laugh reaction, or worse. Thankfully, none.

We have MIAD posts here, so I thought a MIAS sighting in the wild was worth mentioning.

Pantyhose for everyone! Jennifer_Ph's Avatar
    I wear kilts and skirts pretty regularly, to work, to play, everywhere. I pretty much only 'cross dress' from the waist down. And yes good sighting, and thanks for sharing!
    xxoo
    Jennifer

Platinum Member
    From the description of the man and the attire are you sure he was not of an ethnic group where men do wear garments that appear to be skirts? Some Pacific Islander groups come to mind.

When i used to go to church, one man from Figi, often wore a dress skirt, which is normal in Figi.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    From the description of the man and the attire are you sure he was not of an ethnic group where men do wear garments that appear to be skirts? Some Pacific Islander groups come to mind.
    I'm certain that it was a skirt and not an ethnic group situation. They were both caucasian, not pacific islanders. I'm also sure it wasn't a kilt--I've never seen a full length kilt. The colors were also feminine and indicative of women's clothes. His shirt was yellow and the skirt was a nicely matched pastel multi-color pattern--like a tie die as mentioned. They're very common for women to wear around here in the summer. I mean, I'm a crossdresser. I know what's a skirt :-)

Anyway, it was great to see. It looked like they were headed for a nearby bus stop, so he's really out and about. I imagined the conversation with the girl that this is just what he likes to wear. She seemed to be quite happy.
    Last edited by Leelou; 08-06-2019 at 11:55 AM.

Aspiring Member
    Just for the record there are full length kilts but only for women. They tend to be worn in only a few circumstances and even a woman getting it wrong would create more raised eyebrows in the Highlands than a man in a skirt.

Gold Member
    Well good for Him, I wish I could wear skirt outside and get away with it.
    Rader

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    MIAD, MIAS. Almost the same thing.

But, MIAB? That's worth a lot of extra points, Leelou!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Leelou, separately from wearing a dress I have worn my County Cork tartan kilt on many of occasions.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Jamie, I really need a kilt. I have a lot of skirts, but no kilts. I'm very Scottish, only a few generations from the homeland. I googled the County Cork tartan kilt. I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Leelou View Post
    Jamie, I really need a kilt. I have a lot of skirts, but no kilts. I'm very Scottish, only a few generations from the homeland. I googled the County Cork tartan kilt. I like it!
    Cork is Ireland, not Scotland.

I see one most days too (thanks mirror)

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leelou View Post
    Many people don't realize there are Irish tartans also... with that said, Amazon is your friend. After next pay day, I am getting three comfort kilts in my three main clans' tartan patterns. About $20 each before shipping!
    Life is too short to be boring.

Thank you for this report. I don’t see MIAS often, but it always cheer me up to see men wearing skirts and just doing normal things.