Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally electrolysis!

OH! the dreaded upper lip and central under the nose bit OUCH! its a real white Knuckle and toe curling experiance ,
    Ami glad thats all over and done with for me , till have the nightmares though . lol,

Quote Originally Posted by Vickie_CDTV View Post
    I am an electrologist myself.

I wouldn't tell her how to do it of course. But if one is ever concerned,you have a right to tell her to thin out (not clear) an area, or work on a given area and not another.
    I'll take what you say but thw first session she worked one side of the upper lip one hour, then 2 days later the other side.
    The following, week she told me to let that area healing and worked on the chin and under lip for two hours.

Last Friday, she worked on the whole upperlip area but didn't finish, so much thick hair that would cause a damage to do closer spots.

For some reasons for health insurance guidelines she can't work sooner than a week and this week, on friday, I won't be on the city so the following week we start every Monday for 2 hours.

I guess this time she will work upperlip again, that's my main concern of darkness yet that I'm needing ward concealer, the rest of the face with a match skin tone
    concealer, everything look great.
    Last edited by Devi SM; 08-27-2019 at 02:22 PM.
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

This is me just now, Tuesday evening, 3 days later. This is bare face no makeup, just moisturizer after shaving this morning as usual. There's still a red dot where they were digging for that ingrown hair but otherwise ok, just a slight color difference. To be fair it was starting to get a few spots last night so I exfoliated big time and that sorted it out.
    20190827_201028.jpg

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

@macey I've been doing an hour a week since Nov, minus the holidays. Initially chest only, then mixed in the face from about Feb. We now do one week face, one week chest, alternating to let the skin rest in between. Focus is mostly the top lip and the "soul patch" just under the bottom lip which was quite dark but is now pretty much gone. Next will be the two triangles out from the corners of the lip. You can see them starting to darken already in that photo even though I shaved this morning.

Hi ladies,
    I hope I can keep their thread open up to the end of the treatment so others can see how it works.

At the beginning I thought it would be faster. It could be but my health insurance allows just 6 months before approve another 6 and etc. So we're doing 2 hours weekly and began on first week of August. There had been a couple of weeks we have to skip so it's not been continuous (that's going to stretch more and delay the process).
    Yesterday I had a 2 hours session where she worked upperlip for 3rd time, and some area of the chin, leaving some weeks not touching the upper lip to let healing and hair grows again. Mostly the upperlip has been done one half one week, then the other half next weeek to allow it heals.

I'm very happy because it has given me more confident and my make up now covers any trait of black hair there. In the rest of the face, hair is mostly whit so not dark spots that I even not use any make up.

See attached pics and get your own conclusions.
    First is today, a day after, after shaving, the one with blue top is yesterday after treatment with make up, the light blue dress is last Friday after 2 weeks no treatment with light male.up.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Devi SM; 10-08-2019 at 12:57 PM.

An update at around 3 months of treatment, every Monday, 2 hours but two of those monday we skipped the session.
    Check by yourself.
    I'm happy because, even thought some dark shade can be seen, it's easy to achieve a nice natural make up with minimum products.
    A pic from today after shave, the areas treated are upper lip, around the mouth and under the mouth and some area of the chin others areas hasn't been touched yet) no make up, no filters, and from yesterday, some light make up.
    Last edited by Devi SM; 11-08-2019 at 11:30 AM.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Keep a close watch on skin damage. Those little red bumps that don't go away. I saw it happening to me and stopped I've seen it happen to many other people. I think though I don't have all the experience I think the trick is to use lower power settings which may not kill the follicle but still damage it then the next time it might get killed with another low-powered zap. You have to be really careful in this area assuming it matters to you and why wouldn't it? Congratulations though I'm taking this big step just be careful.

Thanks for you comment Genifer.
    I just post at the beginning that I appreciate all comments but regarding to tell an electrologist with more than 20 years of experience, approved by the insurance company, how to do her job is not something I'd do. I just rest and trust in all said. In the past I had worse red bumps and the skin has healed.
    Last edited by Devi SM; 11-23-2019 at 01:30 AM.

I had a strange and nice experience today where for the first time there was very little to do on the top lip and we were wondering what will we do today. Not so long ago the moustache area was so dense you can spend the entire hour on an area the size of a 1c coin and now we’re wondering what should we do next

Update: 3/26/2020, last session on 3/16/2020.

See attached pics from today one after shave and other with make up. The number one was before the first session.
    She had been mainly working my upperlip because it was very abundant on dark and thick hairs. I was for two years before plucking the upperlip that was probably a difficult that extend more than the normal time.
    Today I applied very few make up, no beard concealer needed.
    Pain, as it's been said is intense in the upperlip. After she works in the upper lip, that every time takes less time, she works around and under the mouth. When she works on the areas near the jaw I experience a sensation that I related with the pain in the funny bone. I feel some itching near the ear and a couple.of times one if my legs has jumped, funny.

I feel more confident now and I can go without make up, just eyeliner, lipstick and brows, some blush. I know some people read me and others call me mom. I don't know to say when I misgendered but I'm ok with that.

Slow but steady wins the race! You are getting there! Elbow Bump Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Another picture from today, before shaving, last session of two hours was 2 days ago.
    I'm happy that the dark shadow of dark roots or follicles is almost gone.....

Congrats, Devi. You've come a long way. I always said facial hair removal was job #1. And you've proven it. Way to go, girl!
    Marie

An update:
    This thread started on August 7th 2019.
    I'd been in weekly sessions of 2 hours with two interruptions of no more than a month each one for delay in the renewal authorization from insurance (I'm lucky, they pay everything) around November last year and other interruption around 3 weeks from COVID-19 on March this year, salon was closed.
    Yesterday I had a regular session of two hours. In this session I used another numbness cream because the previous one make an allergy and for all this time i didn't know it (there's another thread about it) so I mention it because in the pic from today you can see some redness that still from that allergy but now sessions are a lot less painful and less skin damage.

I'm so happy because I want to go open without make up, just the minimum as eyelinner, brow liner (my eyebrows are weird that grow really in all directions so I keep them very short), some blush and of course lipstick but I want avoid concealers, foundation, contour powder etc. So now very few make up is needed, just a contour powder to cover the redness and translucent powder for blend everything and after just setting spray.

So one pic for the face today after shaving, you can see some redness and swollen partially forbthe allergy and treatment from today, but the important , for me is no visible darkness of the 5 pm shave.
    Another pic from yesterday after session with minimum make up.

I just decided to add one more pic from today with some make up, the one with yellow tshirt, you can see the skin imperfections...

If you want to see more pics about this process check my daily posts in the social.media mentioned below.

Devi
    Last edited by Devi SM; 06-24-2020 at 03:15 PM.

Looking very good Devi. I can see your face looks more feminine and comfortable!

Aspiring Member
    I'm super fortunate to have had very little facial and body hair to begin with. I had maybe 15 hours back in the 1980s, then about a half-dozen more about 20 years ago. I maintain with daily plucking in front of a lighted makeup mirror. Some mornings it's as little as eight or ten, then there are days when there seems to be some kind of growth spurt and I might have 40 or 50 for a clean sweep. Mostly upper lip and chin a few on the neck. I never did have more than a few strays on my cheeks, no sideburns, again the occasional stray in front of the ears.

I know, don't brag and don't pluck. I can't imagine having to undergo hundreds of sessions, so I admire your, um, pluck in slogging through.

I like plucking because it allows me to leave the vellus hair unshaved. The fuzz is a tiny but significant detail.

I usually run a cotton ball with alcohol around wherever I've plucked, and I rarely get infections. I do get an ingrown hair a few times a year, but I recognize them and have learned how to tease them out over a few days. I do get what my first electrologist called tombstones, little residual bits of pigment that look like blackheads or a close-shaved dark whisker; they're pretty easy to squeeze out.

If I'm pressed for time, I run a Norelco shaver over it for the day, and the same once in a while on my cheeks if the vellus gets a little thick.

We all have our blessings and curses in our physical features, and, from what I hear from others, this is definitely a big blessing. I wish I had more left up top, and I seem to have reached the stage of life that I'm getting those old-people hairs growing out of my ears.

One tip I do want to pass on: if you have a cooperative dentist, s/he can numb the upper-lip nerves on your way to the electrologist. Lasts for several hours and does the trick.

Hang in there, Devi. Really good progress.

Hello Acastina!
    It sounds like you might possibly be a good candidate for one of the new laser personal hand-held hair removers. Check them out. You might be pleasantly surprised!
    Marie

I am lucky my hairs In beard area are thin and easily get clean with threading and I found that area smooth for 20 days time
    I love to be in female attire and want to stay in it it as much time as possible.

This thread was about Devi?s transition and experience with electrolysis. It has getting off track with plucking, shaving and threading which are not TS specific issues. New threads can be started in appropriate sections to discuss non TS topics.
    Thread closed.