Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Always Related To Woman & Dislike Being In The Company Of Men

Always Related To Woman & Dislike Being In The Company Of Men

For what ever reason I have always related to woman a lot more than men. I will state from the start I was brought up with a family group consisting of mum, dad and 2 sisters. So it was not the case of not having a male figure around.

Anyways, I was always happy in girls/woman company all through my life from school, the work place and in life in general. I could relate to them and felt safe and secure in their company. When it comes to boys/men I find it hard to relate to them and their conversations especially the man's man who scares the shit out of me.

I was bullied throughout school, in the work place and have always been seen as a soft target most of my life. God knows why, maybe the man beasts can sniff out the woman in me. I am not tough, I am not in your face, I like to keep myself to myself. I am gentle, thoughtful and very empathetic but I think people see this as a weakness and pray on it.

I get really uptight, restless and can feel my skin crawl when I am somewhere and there is a group of men especially if I have to try and interact with them. My worst nightmare if I am honest.

My one true male friend who I see as the brother I never had has always said the problem with me is that my nature is to put everyone before myself and you will help anyone. Unfortunately I still jump in with both feet to help people even though I have been hurt many times in the past and had no gratitude shown, but hey ho that just who I am.

The point of this post is basically to see if anyone else can relate to this and please think its all doom and gloom as I have a wonderful supportive wife of 30 years (who knows) and a wonderful family that love me dearly. (who do not know).....lol.

X x x

I totally relate. Always found it easier to be friends with women... and I am also a people pleaser. I’m quite certain you’re not alone here!
    Kelly a.k.a. VS Fan

That's been me my whole life.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

I can relate, Vicky.

NEVER stop giving of yourself, even when there's a cost. To do otherwise would be to incur a far harsher penalty, that of not being true to oneself.

Having said that neither need you be a doormat. The most giving woman can assert herself when need arises.

I take some pride and pleasure in being who I am and if that marks me out from most other men, so be it.

Aspiring Member
    I too enjoy the company of women more than men. Men can be so intimidating at times. Women tend to be less judgemental. Women do tend. to gossip but not as much as men. I enjoy the softer side of women very much

Thanks Viki. You described my life very closely.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    When I was trying to figure myself out I tried to tell myself all that same stuff to justify why I was CDing.
    To try and put an answer to my "feelings" so to speak.
    I found out later I was just BS ing myself and I didn't need a reason to justify things.
    I learned to evaluate people based on their merits not what I THOUGHT they were based on their gender.
    To do otherwise I was being a bigot and a sexist.
    It was a very hard pill to swallow trust me I felt really bad about myself for being one of "those" people.
    There are plenty of men and women I don't like but plenty I do all based on what they act like towards me.

PS I was bullied all thru my life and I don't know anyone that wasn't at one time or another.It was part of being a kid and growing up so don't use that as an excuse for something because we have all been thru it.
    For years I was a very mean and nasty person in a very violent environment but I was able to change and overcome lots of hardships and I think we all can.
    Blaming one gender for who you are I think you need to be honest with yourself.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 08-11-2019 at 11:45 AM.

Something struck a nerve...

I don't think anyone has posted "blaming" anyone.

For myself, growing up, I was always the smallest boy in my age group. And, boys being boys, they tend to target anyone they think is weaker, or different. And can be cruel for no other reason than cruelty's sake. But so can girls.

Do I blame the bullies of youth for who I am today? Hell no, but they did demonstrate what kind of person I didn't want to be.

I Aim To Misbehave

I see where you are coming from but... I always related better with ladies but also had quite a few male friends as well! One male friend actually called me a "ladies'man" at school! I used to sit with the ladies on the way to school! Men can be OK too! Not all are bullies! I have had bullies stick up for me in some situations! I have also had some "ladies" that could be considered bullies as well! Generalities are usually wrong! Not all of anything is whatever! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Vicky, I had a bunch of older sisters and a father who was gone a lot, so I do relate to women very well. However, I don't have trouble with men.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Banned Spammer
    Blaming or a "reason for" lets say then.
    My Dad was not always a pleasant man and I got my share of spankings but do I blame him for my behavior? No not at all,do I hate all men because of him? No of course not.

Its just that I see a lot of "justifying" on this site and less "accepting" of who you are.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 08-11-2019 at 12:33 PM.

Aspiring Member
    You are so right. I catch myself trying to undertand. instead of just accepting it is a part of me. I try to accept people at face value be they man or woman.
    Last edited by Kendra Sue; 08-11-2019 at 02:05 PM.

Banned Spammer
    The more complex you make things in your life the more stress and anguish you have.

I do believe that women are less judgemental and also tend to be less "macho"; so yes I do prefer the company of women generally. Note I said generally. I have many male friends and many female friends. I have known females whom I did not care for and would not be friends with; same with males.

On the one hand, I can sympathize TO A DEGREE. I am generally more comfortable around women. However, that is “generally” and I always take the tine to get to know somebody before I decide how much I want to get to know them. Putting them into a category just because they APPEAR to be straight- cis- men is literally the definition of prejudice.

Aspiring Member
    I guess kiss applies. Keep.it simple stupid

Banned Spammer
    I agree with taking time to get to know them, that makes a big difference.

Its just that I see a lot of "justifying" on this site and less "accepting" of who you are.

I get where you are coming from, I really do, and agree with you to a point.

I've spent a lot of time trying to figure out the "why" of my situation. Was it because of my Mom's alcoholism? was I 'damaged' in the womb? Was it because I was molested by an older boy at a young age? Was it because there is something wrong in my brain?

In the end, does it really matter? It has been a costly journey, but I have accepted who I am, what I desire, and how I want to live my life.

So is it wrong to say that my sister was my greatest role model? Or that women I've never met inspire me?

For the record, I don't 'hate' men. I actually kind of like them, now that I don't compete as one of them. When I was involved in trying to be a man, I played the same game as they. Puffing up to display all kinds of macho, just to impress the ladies. Never showing fear, or weakness, or softness. Even though, inside, I might be quivering in terror. All an act, as much for the men as for the women.

Oh, who am I kidding? As Jodie, I adore men! Not every man, to be sure, but they do have their uses, and can be quite useful. In the right circumstances! And yes, they can be knuckle dragging Neanderthals at times, but that can be part of their charm, as well.

Not to say that I fall into the "helpless female" role, but it is very pleasant to have a man open a door for you, or to extend to you the courtesies he would extend to any woman.

Annnnd, I feel I am rambling on mindlessly, so I'm going to stop here.

I Aim To Misbehave

Banned Spammer
    We are all so different there is no right answer really.
    I find some guys attractive and some even absolutely gorgeous. Same goes for women but I am not remotely interested in the women personally except to be friends with.
    If I were to get in a solid relationship if would be with a guy.

Platinum Member
    Hmmmm, I had to think about this for a while. I’m not sure. I have two sons, five remaining brothers and that’s about the extend of my male connections. But then, I have only a few female friends - all of whom know me in my preferred state. At this point, I prefer not to blend those two worlds. Mostly out of my worries I suppose.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Banned Spammer
    I too have different set of friends and see no reason to mix the two.

I do not like being around super macho men. I like being with humble men and humble women/

I too enjoy being with and talking with women, it’s just more fun.
    Crissy

I've always got on well with women and have always noticed how women dress with thoughts like oh those shoes don't match that dress lol . But I'm also comfortable with a group of men as long as there not macho a holes although I keep my feminine side hidden

It must be because of our feminine feelings that being with and talking to women is so much easier, probably because there is no macho egotism going on.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman