Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: At birth

Aspiring Member

At birth

I think my pleasure of crossdressing was formed at birth. It goes away but always comes back

Banned Read only
    Kendra,
    In my case I'm sure you are right , I see it as some wiring connections not all in the right place . I've never had it wax and wane it's 24/7 for me .

I can't say it's always been a pleasure but more like a rollercoaster ride for me and not easy at times for the family .

Kendra Sue, I think it may have started before birth when you were in the womb. As for the need/urge to cross dress it is very common for it to come and go but it will always come back, usually stronger then before.
    Crissy

Totally agree. I have no doubt my crossdressing was established in the womb as was my other traits, eye colour, hair colour etc etc.

I truly believe that a hormone or chemical imbalance (god knows what it was) during gestation was the cause. Would I have chosen to be a crossdresser, probably not as it brings its own problems and restrictions on your life. Certainly not a lifestyle choice.

Do I want to be a woman full time...No

Do I want to express my feminine side more.....Yes

So that's the dilemma for me. I am very lucky to have an very accepting and understanding wife so can not really grumble.

X x x

Not sure about at birth but I've had this desire for as long as I can remember.

Aspiring Member
    So you totally live as a woman. May I ask what your job is?

I would agree. It's something you are born with.

Quote Originally Posted by Kendra Sue View Post
    So you totally live as a woman. May I ask what your job is?
    Kendra who are you asking?

Banned Read only
    Kendra,
    I'm not sure who you are asking the question to but I'm now retired and separated after 44 years of marriage and at that point when I moved into my new home I went full time . I finally have a balance in my life which has taken 68 years . My avatar picture was taken at a Xmas party last December .
    Last edited by Teresa; 08-09-2019 at 05:33 AM.

Wow Teresa, separated after 44 years of marriage, that must have been a real life changer. Well at least now you are being who you truly want to be and your still young. x

Banned Read only
    Vicky,
    Young-ISH !!!

I must admit it's like a second wind , I never would have thought all this was waiting for me , I do question if 68 is too old to start again but then I wouldn't wan't to be a lonely , grumpy, old man , I can't think of anything worse !!

Aspiring Member
    Teresa I was asking you if you worked as a woman Congrats on retirement I love being retired

I agree - some aspects of our personality certainly develop as a result of life experiences, but some of what we are is just “there”.... whether it’s genetic or spiritual who knows?
    Kelly a.k.a. VS Fan

Kendra,

You are very likely correct, but actually Crissy is even closer to the truth. Most of the scientific evidence is pointing toward this behavior pattern being a genetic predisposition or just maybe some kind of genetic determination. This being another of our many predispositions is probably the case. So, you are born with this trait already established, but not yet active, just like being right or left handed. Those are predispositions that are triggered soon after you begin to reach out and grab things. You find one hand works better than the other and that is because of the predisposition and once triggered it can't easily be turned off. If you are predisposed to being right handed but that hand is defective, the predisposition is not triggered because the left hand is your only functional hand. You become left handed and that hand works just as well without the active predisposition as the right hand would have worked had it not been defective.

So, with gender variance, if that is a predisposition as many, many studies seem to show, all it takes is a trigger to activate that behavior pattern. The trigger often happens early in childhood, but sometimes doesn't get triggered until later in life. All depends on your life experiences. But as for how strongly that behavior is expressed, well, that is the devil in the details. We are all different in that regard. It is not black and white but multicolored. Thus all the variation. Still lots of questions to be answered, but those who study this are getting closer and closer to a definite answer as to "Why."

Look up some of my posts from a few months ago where I present a good deal of the evidence. It is way too complicated to repeat here.

Gretchen

The post raises the question asked so many time of nature vs nurture. I'm sure there's something in us all the gives us a leaning towards the direction we've taken. I do wonder however that if my early upbringing had been somewhat different whether I'd have followed the same path.

Once we've begun our journey I think it's one we're on for life. Once triggered there's no going back. That said I'm open minded as to whether it's totally written from the womb or a combination of events and nature that ultimately sets our course.

I also think it's necessary to differentiate between those who CD and never go public and those who either go out and about, possibly going full time and then those who know that they're born in the wrong body. I suppose you could argue that even fetish dressers have that desire set from birth but I'm less convinced on that one.

Having said all that, I wouldn't dispute that those who identify as Gay are born that way. I see nothing that says to me that's a learned behavior. Perhaps our dressing is more a signal, an indicator that we're drawn to living a more feminine lifestyle. We're not in the wrong body just in one that's not quiet a good a fit as we'd like.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Banned Read only
    Helen,
    I'm going to stick my neck out and say most but not all are from birth even fetish dressers . In my case the T kicking in early on top of having a female trait from birth did complicate the situation , it all happened at once with a bit of a bang so the male side was overlaid with a female side that needed to show itself dressed as a girl/woman and then the whole lot was entwined with sex . Some don't like it but I feel that's when the male-lesbian stuation started along with my GD, OK and lets just throw in AGP !

All very complicated but all taken care of and in balance now , this is why I don't dwell on labels anymore , I'm Teresa to me and the World and that's really the only label I find I need .

Kendra,
    I was a self employed photographer for thirty years , through that and having kids growing up the CDing side was tucked uncomfortably in the closet or as I called it solitary confinement . I hope to get my painting group off the ground and will do it as Teresa , everyone knows that plan .
    Last edited by Teresa; 08-09-2019 at 07:21 AM.

Kendra Sue, I'm not sure about birth, but I can remember wanting to wear girl's/women's clothes from the age 4 on. I really don't remember much prior to then, so maybe birth.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Aspiring Member
    Thank you for sharing. Nice to know you found your niche in life and were able to pusue it. Hope your painting career takes off

For me I feel the urge to wear female clothing began in the womb. In my mind that statement brings on another question, that I have answered. Do I enjoy being a crossdresser ? My answer is yes. Parts of it I do not like, such as keeping it secret for the major portion of my life. However, the joy it has given me far out weighs the negative.

For me the desire has been there as long as I remember. I can only assume it was there at birth.

My therapist asked if I knew if my mom took a drug for morning sickness when she was pregnant with me. I certainly did not know if she did or not. She told me about a study of woman who were pregnant in the early to mid sixties that were given a drug for morning sickness whose sons were cross dressers or transgender. That there was a strong correlation that the two were connected. The later part of the sixties the drug was removed from the market after reformulations were found to cause many more side effects. If this is not the case, I believe like most of use that it starts as a mis wiring in our brains in the as we developed in the womb. My mom did tell me years ago she was positive I was going to be a girl. The pregnancies of me and my sister were the same. Either way my parents were happy with either sex as I have a sister and a brother.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Not sure how long its been there but I think there is a hormone factor involved.
    Thalidomide was the drug that was used for nausea in pregnant women in the 50s and early 60s.
    It did cause birth defects in limbs not forming fully in the womb.
    Not sure if my Mom ever took it because none in the family was affected.
    I believe it is still used for some cancers.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 08-09-2019 at 03:03 PM.

I think it’s genetic and psychological. As with other things, it’s within us, but needs a stimulus to trigger itself. In my early years. I can so distinctly remember not being interested in women’s clothes, until that day when I put on my first pair of pantyhose. I experienced feelings I’d never felt before. I was immediately “hooked”. For me, the ebbs and flows, the pink fog, etc. are triggered psychologically by the pleasure principle, explaining, for me, why the feelings and needs to dress always return. Just my theory.

I, for one, firmly believe that this condition is an inherited trait. As I am now sure of occurrence on both sides of my family. Two, possibly 3 uncles on moms side. Grandfather, dad and myself on male side. My first introduction to fem wear,(that I know about),was at age 5 when my mother FORCED me to wear a pair of my older sisters polished cotton panties. I was at first mortified by this and hid out most of the day. Later the need to use the restroom caused me to view the cursed pink material. But for some reason I became quite excited when seeing it, and for some reason became sexually aware! We as a family moved shortly after that and as I explored my new surroundings I found a pair of pink rayon panties in the garage. I slipped them into my pocket and later put them on. To big for me, but felt great! Got caught wearing them, as I was sure mom wouldn't mind. Learned that I needed to keep any future wearing secret!! I was very good at this as no one ,that I didn't want to know ever found out. I did gain knowledge of several other young males in my town and paled with several of them. more later.

The theory I've read about proposes that the genitals and the brain develop at different times during pregnancy. All fetuses start out as female. During the fist trimester, the genitals develop based on the chromosomes. The brain develops in the second trimester. In MtF transgender people, there is a hormone imbalance where there is too much estrogen, thereby feminizing the brain. That leads to male genitals, brain feminized to some degree.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.