Thread: Was it me in the local paper ?

Banned Read only

Was it me in the local paper ?

This question was posed to me this morning by a dog walker I've become friends with , I was surprised to be asked this and intrigued because it was a feature about a transitioned woman called Jessica Swift . I had to check it out for myself so looked at the Grantham Journal online, sure enough she is an engineer now entering politics for the first time. While the rules don't allow political discussions , I may just be putting my X in her box at the next election on to support someone from our own TG community.

It's so good to see how much the climate has changed in our community towards accepting we aren't strange or weird and more than capable of continuing a career and find time to take on a post in public office .
    Last edited by char GG; 08-11-2019 at 07:37 AM. Reason: No political references please

Just yesterday I met a woman and her wife and later reflected on how gay marriage has become normalized in my lifetime. Hope the same happens for the rest of us. Public figures being out definitely helps.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    My picture/videos have appeared a number of times on TV and online.

But, Sherry will never appear in the newspaper. I promised my family to never dress in public near home!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Well Teresa,
    Ive always thought you were Theresa May, the resemblance with your former PM and you is remarkable

Maybe a month ago I was listening to the radio talk show and they were commenting on this facebook post of the mall near my work where someone was walking around the mall and they couldn't figure out if it was a man or woman. The radio talk show hosts played both sides, making fun of the person by one and the other saying people should wear what ever they want. I had to go check out the facebook post just to see who it was and if it might of been me.

Teresa, high time you were in the local papers!
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Rosemary. I can confirm our Teresa is a much better dancer with lots of stamina. She carries on till the dj is packing up at our groups Xmas disco, birthday party and summer Ball.

Banned Read only
    Helena,
    Giving all my secrets away !!

Bobbi,
    I was always in the local paper for many years , you only had to turn to the wedding page in the local paper and my name would be under many of the bridal couple's pictures .

Helena,
    I’d have to agree, about the dancing of your former PM I did see her do that jig at a news conference once

Banned Read only
    Thread Update

Jessica contacted our social group to give us a brief outline of her life and possible future political career last Friday night , I hope she's the first of many to step into the limelight . She's expects a rough ride so she does deserve all the support we can give her , I hope she achieves it .

Teresa, I hope she is successful!
    Crissy