Thread: Lots of Guys Look Great in Dresses ! Bigger Surprise to Us or to Women ?

Lots of Guys Look Great in Dresses ! Bigger Surprise to Us or to Women ?

I am constantly amazed at how many images there are of guys on the internet looking good while dressed in a variety of dress styles and heels !

Obviously this is what hooked many of us into this fun adventure. Discovering you could zip yourself into a dress of your mothers or sisters and swish about in it in front of the mirror thinking you looked pretty good.

Also surprising how many dresses fit our figures and how easy they are to buy!

I am not saying facially we are as pretty as women but I am saying lots of us can rock a dress and heels .

I wish I knew what women think when they see all these images ??

Are they happily surprised at how good we look or worried they can't compete ? OR

Do they spend more time wondering why we would want to wear some of the impractical dresses they used to have to wear daily ?

And do they think we have lost our minds when they see us in petticoats and slips ?

What is it about dresses that makes many of you out there own more than 10 of them ?

Every woman is beautiful in her own way - I wear dresses but do not wear them better than my wife or any other woman - I do like how I look in the dresses I own and my wife occasionally tells me I do (I leave many in the store because they do not look good on me)
    Last edited by bridget thronton; 08-11-2019 at 10:34 AM.

Banned Read only
    Well I didn't start dressing because I found out I could fit in my mothers dresses and looked good in them. I started dressing because these are the clothes that match the gender I feel I really am.

Anyway besides the "Ask a GG" thread you can go through the forums and figure out what women think, some like it, most don't.

Oh Bridget, my wife and I in the same size range so we can share dresses, we have one or two that I look way better in than her, and she agrees.

We both have colors and styles that we can wear that the other can't or shouldn't wear.

Platinum Member
    I do not have any women's pants of any style. When I was growing up in my area women did not wear trousers/pants/jeans. Even on a cold winter snowy day it was dresses. Girls wore dresses or skirts/blouses to school. Even in frigid temperatures it was dresses, but, pants worn under the dresses which they had to take off at school. In junior high school an assistant principal monitored the hall looking for girls whose dress or skirts were too short.

Consequently, yes, I admit it! It's only dresses. I maintain a word document with my dress purchases. Why? To make sure I don't buy a copy of a dress I have already. I've done that twice with ebay purchases.

I love the patterns of dresses; floral, geometric shapes, etc. The colors. The styles. There can be an issues with proper fit, especially if you have broad shoulders and narrower waist and hips. I have perused the internet looking at lovely cross dressers. I especially like the pictures of a cross dresser alongside his wife or girl friend.

What's an impractical dress? It is impractical to wear a "party" dress if you're headed to the laundrymat. But, women and cross dressers do wear them to an entertainment venue/event. I like the girls on this site who wear "period" dresses to events reflecting yesterday. Hoop dresses don't work for every day either. My dresses fall into the practical category of everyday June Cleaver domestic settings, although I do have more than a few long gowns I would wear to a social function.

Have we lost of minds? Perhaps. Once a woman gets past the idea of a man wearing women's clothing, then perhaps there is a valid shaking of the head. Slips? I have hundreds of slips. They are essential for some light weight or unlined dresses. A sales associate told me once that women view slips as a functional article of clothing. Me? Well, you have posted some very nice advertisements of old of women wearing colorful lacy slips. As a man I think my mind goes back to Elizabeth Taylor in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof. Slips are like Christmas wrap on a present I always wanted. I think slips and color coordinated bras and panties should make a comeback. I remember going to JC Penny and looking at such displays in the 1980's. I bought some very nice sensual slips and now kick myself for not having the confidence of buying the panty and bra that went along with them. My wife use to be color coordinated. Maybe, if current women wore them and got a lot of attention from their husbands/boyfriends they would demand their return.

As to a proper fit all I can say is everyone can find a dress that fits any particular frame. Many of the guys I see on Youtube with their wives/girlfriends seem to be quite slim. They can easily pull it off with or without hip pads. My measurements are 42-38-40. Decent for a guy. Not really an hour glass figure. I do not use hip pads. Like any woman does I have to deal with it. No padded butts either. I go with dresses that are not form fitting. Dresses obviously made for women with the approximate same numbers. Not all women are Barbie dolls. I wear empire waists which gather below the bust line and do not hug at the hips. Wrap dresses. Sheaths. Sun dresses for summer that are not suppose to hug the frame....cool and airy.

If a guy was able to freely attire himself whenever he wanted he would not wear impractical clothes all the time. He would not wear a wedding dress all the time. At some point in their lives don't little girls and women wonder how they would look in this or that and play dress up?

I do sometimes question the notion that dresses are by nature impractical. A sleeveless scoop necked knee length cotton dress worn with flat sandals seems an ideal thing for a hot summers day. I have some crew necked, long sleeved, just below the knee knitted dresses that when worn with boots and thick tights are as warm on a cold winter's day as a pullover and trousers.

As for a gentleman's two or three piece suit, collared shirt and tie worn to work in an office for me adds no practical advantages while sitting at a desk over shorts and a tee shirt. Let's face it, it's just convention.

So okay, sitting and getting in and out of cars in a lady like fashion are a skill brought about by skirt and dress wearing. There are things that require a little more thought but I'm still unconvinced about the impractical label.

As for guys looking good in dresses well are we surprised when GG's look good in jeans and a tee or sweatshirt? There's probably as much variation in how attractive one GG's legs are compared to others as there are when compared to the range of male legs. Throw in a pair of heels are the playing field suddenly becomes a lot more of a level one. Slap on a bit of slap and some lippy and differentials narrow even further.

So no, I'm not surprised that we can look good in a dress. Throw in a good walk, a few mannerisms and hey job's a good 'un.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I wish I knew what women think when they see all these images ??

I don't know, maybe you should ask some women? Ya know, instead of looking for answers from an audience that is already predisposed to wearing feminine clothing?

It's like going to a meat lovers barbecue and asking "What do you think them there vegans think about this?" instead of actually asking for a vegans opinion.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I agree with Jodie! Whenever I thot I knew what my ex thots were about something? I was wrong!

If u really want to know what someone thinks, ask them!

You may be surprised how many men look good in dresses, Robbie.
    But, I'm surprised how male they often look!

I see hundreds every month at Mary's T girl nite in Long Beach. 90% of them look good from the waist up. Nice wig, makeup, and forms or implants. But, from the waist down? Around 75% of them r men! Either a big belly and no hips/butt. Or slim and straight down from waist to knees!

I don't think men look like women unless they make an attempt to balance their chest with their hips/butt.
    A few T's don't wear forms. And strangely, to me they look more like women than than the T's with boobs and no bottoms!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 08-11-2019 at 12:25 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I would say ask them if its something you really want to know don't ask a bunch of guys.
    Worried they can't compete?? Really ?
    Pretty sure most women would think its silly and the men have lost their minds.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    I agree with Jodie! Whenever I thot I knew what my ex thots were about something? I was wrong!
    If u really want to know what someone thinks, ask them!
    You're right Sherry! You could live with someone for a 100 years, and still not be entirely sure of what their thoughts are!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    I don't think men look like women unless they make an attempt to balance their chest with their hips/butt.
    A few T's don't wear forms. And strangely, to me they look more like women than than the T's with boobs and no bottoms!
    I think that has to do with one's own natural shape. My own bottom is small, but fits my frame, and I've been told it's cute & sexy. But, if I wore great big honkin' hooters, my own modest bum would be lost, I think. It's all about proportions.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Silver Member
    I can't give you an actual source citation, but I've heard of a female celeb saying, "Some men look very good in a dress".

I'll go a bit further and say that a lot of men can look good if they wear the right dress for their physique. A dress made for a curvaceous woman, like a fit and flare, will not work on a man's body. A-line, shift, sheath, or trapeze dresses are a better choice

I'll go even further and say that my best look is when I'm wearing a dress and heels. And its confirmed by the number of random women who've stopped me in public to tell me I look beautiful. And its not about how well you pass as a woman. I make no effort to pass. I dress as a MIAD (however much I dislike the term, it's the most accurate) and act as myself. Its about appropriateness, taste and attitude. Carry yourself with grace and pleasantness and the world will embrace you.
    Last edited by suzanne; 08-11-2019 at 10:20 PM.

Banned Read only
    Robbie,
    Maybe if I repeat a story from when I was trying on some items in a dress shop.

I was looking for sequined tops , the SA found about a dozen which I tried on , at the end of trying those on she handed me a sequined dress ( the one in my avatar ) so I asked why she'd done that , her reply was because I knew you would look good in it and I'm going to add it wasn't all about getting a sale because she added we do have many women in who want nice dresses but sadly don't have the figure but how can we say anything ? I just wanted to see the dress on someone with a good figure because it actually gives us some pleasure to see a dress worn well , another SA turned and agreed with her .