Many posts here complain that few women wear the clothes we like to wear - skirts, dresses, heels, hose etc and, while talking to my lady therapist, these thoughts occurred to me.
I am a straight man who likes to present as a feminine woman, but have no desire to transition for many reasons. My therapist pointed out that the clothes I choose to wear are only one kind of female clothing: ones that emphasise my vulnerability and submissiveness. They are associated traditionally with women, but many women no longer see themselves in that role. I am wearing them as a man because I want to be seen that way, not because I want to be a woman.
So, my heels show I cannot escape, my hose shows my elegant, graceful legs, my short skirt shows I am defenceless, my bare arms and exposed neck show I am vulnerable and my makeup emphasises my sensitive feelings - my eyes look as thought I am about to cry and indeed this happens sometimes. My mouth is over emphasised with lipstick and is expressive.
I enjoy these looks as a submissive man but I can see why some women do not.
I do believe I look good in these clothes, but it is the feeling of vulnerability and danger I enjoy the most. When I am dressed, I behave differently, especially when out of the house, and am always aware of possible danger.
Do other people feel the same way? It would be good to hear from GGs.
Lucy