Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The clothes we like and why women don't wear them.

I tend to put on dresses, skirts and tops because that is what is most comfortable to me. I think not of things like " am I valuable" or "Am I attractive or beautiful". It is all about comfort for me. Leggings, slacks, etc are to restrictive for me. I have almost quite wearing hose or pantie hose. The only thing that I wear for looks are my makeup products, nails and polish, and wigs. (Male pattern baldness creeping in on this 76 year old head).
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by rachel_rachel View Post
    Is it that we like to dress as we we like to see women.. I’m not objectifying women as anything other than the opposite gender, but I like the elegance that a confident woman projects through the way she dresses.
    I believe that copying that is the most sincere form of flattery
    Hi Rachel. You expressed exactly how I see myself when I wear my pencil skirts and 4-5" high heels. I enjoy seeing a well dressed woman wearing a knee high tight skirt and high heels. Some think it as sexy, I think of it as very professional. Since I do not present myself as a woman, I mix in a men's shirt to go with the skirt. Sometimes, the shirt will match the color of my pumps, or since I wear a tie often I'll match the tie to the shoes. Also, nowadays, it is considered impractical to wear high heels as fashion has moved more to a lower heel, but I'll stay with my 4 or 5" heels. I do enjoy seeing a woman in a business suit with slacks and high heels. But I like to wear the skirts and not the pants.

Mark
    I was told I have balls for wearing skirts! My reply? "That's because balls this big won't fit in pants!"

Tight skirts (Pencil skirts) accentuate and show off your leg lines, of which you have great ones of.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Aspiring Member
    Mark B - agree with you - when I see a well dressed woman, I think it as very professional. I am also jealous that women get to dress that way while I end up wearing my steel toe boots, work pants, etc. You are an inspriation to many of us.

Stephenie. I also wear steel toed shoes when out in our manufacturing area. They are 2 inch wedge pumps with the steel toe. Not extremely comfortable on top of the toes where the steel ends. But tolerable. Most other women in our office wear the steel toed Croc looking shoes.

It comes down to practicality or situation. Men or women wear to meet the needs of the event.

It's been my opinion that a lot of us wear certain female specific clothes in order to calm the inner conflicting GID
    Spot as for me, as it also energizes make and me relaxed....

Be safe out there too folks and try to dress as you see fit.... life is short and enjoy
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.