Thread: Pin up style outfits

Pin up style outfits

I was at a bar recently and there was 3 ladies on stage doing 50s and 60s stuff, and wearing the pin up dresses and heels to go with it. Lindy style i think they call it. Well in the UK anyway,
    I couldnt take my eyes off them, gave me a massive urge to dress, which i havent had for a while, and now am going to try that style myself, right down to the hair.
    Super sexy.
    Ebay here we come.

Banned Read only
    I went back and looked at your previous picture postings. You have a dynamite figure. All I will say is you will look great in anything. I'm looking forward to viewing those outfits.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Love that look so have fun with it.
    Oh yeah post pics please.

I LOVE pinup style!
    My first "real" venture into the wild was earlier this year to a drag show. I wore a pinup style dress, got my hair styled in a vintage-inspired updo, and had makeup help from a GG friend. I had a fabulous time! I got tons of compliments from GG's and performers throughout the night. I have been slowly amassing a small wardrobe of those style dresses. I have gotten all of mine via Amazon Prime. They aren't top end dresses, but they are cute. There are better makers that I would eventually love to buy from.

Have a great time with it! I did!

I love the pin-up style dresses. My only issue with it is the young ladies who wear it now have a lot of ink, which I am not a fan of.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Many years ago I got into pinup/calendar girl looks. I created an album number of very sexy pix! It was a lot of fun and the pix r amazing!
    Don't forget to post your pix here, Kym!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Kym,

I go to several car shows each year that also feature pin-up girls.

This year I traveled to Springfield, MO. and spent the day touring town in a regular dress. The next day I attended the Mid-America Street Rod Nationals dressed in a pin-up outfit. I had numerous attendees take photos of me next to some of the cars.

This Labor Day weekend I plan on attending "Pistons and Pin-ups" in Kansas City at the Boulevard Drive-in and "Greaserama" at the Platte City Fairgrounds.

Suzi Q
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kym, I love the vintage pinup look. I have a few dresses like that but I am one of the inked up ones...😁. I can't wait to see what you post for pictures. Cheers.
    Life is too short to be boring...Alexandra

Yup, similar to Suzi Q, the pinup look and car shows are things I enjoy.

Karen

I forgot about Amazon prime, looking now!
    Im not a fan of ink myself but if its done tastefully its not so bad.
    Am a car fan though.
    Watch this space.

Quote Originally Posted by alwayshave View Post
    I love the pin-up style dresses. My only issue with it is the young ladies who wear it now have a lot of ink, which I am not a fan of.
    Well good thing they didn’t get their tattoos for you then.

How in the heck did this post turn into a referendum on tattoos? Let’s get this straight. Not all girls with tattoos wear vintage style dresses. Not all women who wear vintage style dresses have tattoos.
    Last edited by Micki_Finn; 08-15-2019 at 03:10 PM.

There are various styles of pinup. There’s the Elvgren kind, military and rockabilly among others. I think those referring to tattoos are thinking of the latter and it’s a whole style unto itself.

I personally prefer the kind of pinup associated more with the classic paintings from the likes of Elvgren, Moran, etc. When the models were actually wearing clothes they tended to be very elegant but caught in slightly embarrassing situations. I will often be wearing these types of outfits but without the unintended showing of stocking tops (usually). Occasionally I come across a GG kindred spirit and we will ooh and ahh over each other’s style, it’s like an exclusive club!

Kym....what about Lindy Bop? I know that they are based out of the UK ... inexpensive (imo) and their sizing is pretty spot on. These are the first couple of dresses that I ordered from them. I need to try them on again as from January, I have lost 22 lbs and the dresses may be a bit too loose, which is a good thing
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Maria in heels; 08-18-2019 at 09:48 PM.