Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It pays to make forum friends

Silver Member

It pays to make forum friends

Yesterday, by arrangement, I personally met a new CD forum friend. We hooked up because she stated her location in her profile. We had a nice talk and shared some photos and Bio info. We will meet again, for sure.

I mention this as you gals who would like to make personal gal-friends in your area, they need to be aware of your location.

I would love to be able to met someone like me to just talk with , maybe we could give each other tips

Silver Member
    I'm in SoCal and you are in Butte, Montana. BIG differences in population and feelings about CDing. You've been on the forum for 9 years and have 29 friends. How many of them are from your geographical area? Carefully watch postings to see if any are from sisters in your area. When you find one, reach out to her when you become friends, and ask to meet in person. This works well, but only if you actively do it. Good luck!

Yep. I met Helen Highwater in person early on in my journey and it gave me a great boost. It was the first time I had ever spent time with someone like me.

I would be interested in knowing/meeting CDs in my area (Queensland Australia). There are no support groups that I know of where I live. Is there a way of searching this forum for a list of members who live in a certain area?

I live in Maine USA, and I'm always looking to meet a fellow cross dresser

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have met quite a few members from this forum.
    Its always nice to meet new people.
    Funny thing is the talk ends up being more everyday stuff than CDing or trans talk.

I expressed interest in a Houston GNO and got invited to volunteer for the Texas Transgender Non-discrimination Summit in Houston by one of the Houston girls! Since I volunteered, I stayed at her apartment for a one week stay! I met a few others from here and a few girls who are not on here! All in all a marvelous time! Going to a conference like Keystone is another way to meet some of the girls! As well as what has already been mentioned! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I joined this site in 2007 with the specific intent to find someone to go out with as a friend/sidekick/partner in crime. I did that just a few short months after I joined. One of those members is still my friend and we recently played golf together on one of her business trips to the area. I know a lot of members here, most of the earlier ones have moved on with their lives, but several are very truly my dear close friends. It takes work and persistence. My first friends were people who traveled to the San Francisco bay area, what a great place to go out!. Many were novices in getting out and I would happily take them out and help them be themselves for s short fun time.

So, yes, you can meet friends here and on other sites too and you have to take the chance to meet up with someone new and maybe unknown. Take your usual precautions and get out there to find the sidekick and have some fun.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I joined about when Allie did. There were some girls I REALLY wanted to meet! Plus, back then I had never dressed outside my house.

When I heard over 30 cd.comers were going to the SCC in Atlanta? I booked a room, bought a ticket, and was scared s---less walking into the hotel in drab. OMG! T girls were everywhere!

I went to 3 more SCC's and there was always a large contingent of cd.comers there! Unfortunately, nearly all of the girls I met have left this site.

However, that's because so many r living their lives as women now!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I've met one third (22 out of 66) of my friends FtF, plus some more in CD.com who I haven't friended. Some of the girls are local, some I've met when they came to town, some I met when I went out of town (in Denver, Philadelphia) and others at Keystone.

I've also met other girls from CD.com who I never got around to friending.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Aspiring Member Michelle Crossfire's Avatar
    I would love to meet others from this forum. Being in Ohio, there seems to be quite a few, but outside of a GNO, no luck. Would enjoy talking to someone who I can relate to. I have been to Keystone in PA 3 times, which allows me to meet others from outside OH, but once that is over, everyone goes back home and waits til next year.
    [B][I]Call me Michelle: doll:

It's nice you met someone you can relate to.

At first wanted to met someone to do things with, but after a while I gave up.

I have made lots of friends , they just aren't TG, that is people I do things with.

I have met a few girls here and there. Like Allie, Sherry and a few others.

Once you are full time, being TG becomes less of a thing, or maybe it is just me.

Some years ago I took the decision that I needed to meet up with others like me. I found 2 social groups and attended both that year.

Buoyed by the success, the following year I issued a general invitation to all here to join me and attend one of the groups in Manchester. Two responded and we were able to spend an enjoyable evening sharing our experiences.

As Eemz posted above we met last year following my similar open invitation. Sadly the social group had dwindled somewhat so there wasn't the same opportunity to meet other CD's from outside of the forum. That said, sitting in 3 different pubs, grabbing a bite to eat in one and finishing the evening chatting to a Gay man just putting the world to rights felt, well, normal.

And that's one thing I feel those who've yet to experience meeting others should know. Once over the initial nervousness, you find yourself being you. The clothes aren't the thing that defines you. You are you. Calm, relaxed. At peace with yourself and the world.

Everyone who CD's should know that feeling at least once in their lives.
    Last edited by Helen_Highwater; 08-14-2019 at 04:40 AM.

Jenny, I have met some people from here were they also belong to a local group that I belong to.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Platinum Member
    I will agree just having a friend with shared interests is always a good thing. Decades ago (1983) my wife and I had "The Talk." She told me it was alright with her if I found a support group. I looked. Back then anything transgender, gays or lesbian was not out in the open. There was no Internet. I felt very isolated. I did find a telephone number for a "support" group thirty plus miles away. I called and was completely shut down by the person. I've mentioned before I hope they did not volunteer on a suicide watch line.

I'm part of a support group (12-13 guys) with a shared common experience. We do not share details about our experiences. Just day to day personal stuff. Now? With aging came self confidence and diminished psychological need for a support group. If it was not for this forum I think I would have zero outlet for express myself.

Yes Jenny, I have tried to PM others here but they have not responded... It must be something I have said?
    Joanne

If it works for you
    That is great .
    I have been trying for several years to meet
    People or start a group with no success
    Have never met anyone from this forum

JAS

Aspiring Member Michelle Crossfire's Avatar
    I have met a few from this forum, mostly at Keystone, or even at the Detroit event hosted by Samantha Rogers. But other than a GNO in Warren, no luck in OH. I tried PM occasionally, but to no avail. There does not seem to be a lot of local groups in OH.
    [B][I]Call me Michelle: doll:

Silver Member
    Sorry Michelle, I haven't had a good opportunity to get up that way.

If you come down to Cincy, Crossport does something every week! Lots of gals down here, some of them are on this forum from time to time, but FB has been the biggest connector as of late.

I would really like to meetup with other forum members, but i am not aware of any in this part of the country.
    It would be wonderful to get out of the closet for a while.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

I've also met many CDs, TGs, etc over the last 7 years and it all started here. It's mostly been just like guys hanging out except we're all dressed like women! Going to a support meeting tomorrow night to see friends and possibly meeting more
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I've never met anyone from this site, but another CD site I browse frequently has introduced me to about a dozen new local friends over the past year.

I'm going out to a club with one of them tomorrow night, in fact.
    It's spelled Marika, but it's pronounced Janey!
    Appreciate the beauty in the current moment, because the past is gone and tomorrow never comes.
    Janey's Amost Secret Crossdressing Blog: http://marikajaye.blogspot.com

i volunteer two days a week in asbury area, i have met some folks who water here and try to meet more, some are intimidated by the travel time, some just don't have the blind faith that it takes to go for it, some sit in the lot and psych themselves out of it, one has told me she had done that a few times.... i think half of my friends list is jersey girls but we cant get groups together like they do in Detroit, DC , and PA. and meghans area.

im not the barfly type when i go out and the groups that have admirers and frequent bars seem to do the best, but not for me,
    when i meet folks who need help and i can lead them to a better destination or am their first contact putting in the time to volunteer becomes so fulfilling....
    Last edited by mykell; 08-31-2019 at 11:41 AM.
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Unfortunately, I've been taken advantage of by so many other males in my life, that I no longer am able to completely trust men. Just been burned too many times. So I just feel like letting someone IRL know I'm a crossdresser is just a risk of disaster. So my crossdressing will remain locked away in the closet, probably forever.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.