Thread: Out and about!

Out and about!

My brain sometimes is slow! You know a duh moment! I was out paying bills and getting groceries and realized I was not dressed with wig, forms , and make up! So, at 12 noon, on went the boobs, wig and make up! I went to another grocery store to pick up a few items! As I entered the store, 2 of the female clerks acknowledged me by waving! OK, so I don't pass, I know that! I went about the business of shopping and used one of the clerk's lane! She looked up and said she loved my hair! I said you know it is a wig? She said yes, but it is nice! Then before I left, I asked her how she liked"her"! She said, She is beautiful! I told her she would start seeing more of "her"/me as I am in the process of saving money for a name change! She said, Great!
    This is one of the gals that kept track of my nails and always liked the color I would pick! It just felt so good!
    So, I know some of you can't but if you can get out there there is a whole world waiting for you with experiences to enjoy! I did see some frowning people but no one said a word! Frowns won't hurt you! Enjoy the journey! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Lana Mae, I have followed your threads always with huge interest, you are having a wonderful life and an inspiration to some of us still finding our feet with going out.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Banned Read only
    Go Lana go! You are finding as I have that even if you don't pass, the vast majority of people don't really care.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Passing is not a requirement as you well know Lana Mae.
    No matter how many times it is said here some still decide not to believe it.

Bobbi: The reason I write about my adventures out and about is to help those who want to be out and about and are hesitant and those who can't get out and want (as I have been told) to live being out through my posts! I will continue as long as I feel I am helping someone!
    Roberta: Exactly, no one has said a negative thing to me yet! I have gotten looks but no words or actions! (venue has a lot to do with that!)!
    Tracii: Yes! I sure don't pass and never will but I am out there being me!
    Thanks ladies for your replies! Know that I came out to a fellow employee at a restaurant tonight and all was fine!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

Platinum Member
    Hi Lana Mae, You have come so far in the three years that we have known each other,

I am proud of the was that you have progressed. >Orchid .oOOo.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Nice post, Lana Mae. U r so brave! Keep it up!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Platinum Member
    It occurred to me as I though about your OP and the responses, that in fact you are passing....as you.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Orchid: Thanks! It is good to have you as a friend!
    Docrobbysherry: Thanks! I intend to keep it up and continue to grow and live my life as Lana Mae!
    Kim: Yes, I am trying to be the best me I can be! My therapist has done an awesome job with me so I can not take all of the credit! LOL
    Thanks for your responses ladies!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

Lana Mae,

When others read your posts I hope they realise that one of the secrets to your success is that you interact with others such as the SA's as you.

Acting normally, being polite and engaging, treating those you encounter with respect, just having a conversation, these things show you're not someone to be feared or mocked but someone who they can relate to and like.

Under those conditions, as it's been said above, passing doesn't matter. It's the person they see not the dress.

Lana, Helen is so right, just connecting with people in a polite and cheerful manner makes a huge difference.
    I spent the whole of last weekend as Kaye, visiting Harrogate. During the weekend there was many many opportunities to interact with shop assistants, waiters and people in general, and a first for me, a trip to the theatre. Throughout all of these conversations, I did not experience one bad reaction. Quite the opposite in fact. It was very re-affirming that my life style choice is the right one.
    Keep posting about your experiences, who knows, they are a great support to me on this journey. Kaye

Banned Read only
    Lana,
    I'm with you 100% with the way we interact in the RW , we get back what we put in .

One thing I never do is mention i'm wearing a wig , I have had many comments on my hair in fact some even thought it is my own , OH my goodnes how I wish it was !!

You are also right , I live it everyday very much as you now do , sometimes we forget the road we've taken to get to this point but others haven't put their first foot on the ladder so we need to continue to pass the message on that it can happen to anyone if they really want it to.

Wow! So impressed, and in North Carolina? Some of us are afraid of that place Nancy

Helen: Very true! I am the same in either presentation! Although there will be more and more with the wig, forms and make up and less and less without! In other words, I just do me!
    Kaye: Doesn't it feel great to just be you and enjoy life! I do not plan on leaving any time soon!
    Teresa: I mentioned the wig because she is used to seeing me without it! I will keep spinning the Tale of Lana Mae as long as I can and am sure it helps someone on the way!
    Nancy: Yes, in the bathroom state! People are people! No one has spoken an ill word to me or given any gestures even here! I have had a few looks and some teen girls giggle but not sure it was directed at me! Oh, and one SA said, good night...sir! I just brush them off and keep perking!
    Thanks ladies for your replies!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!