Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you want to BE a woman or ...

When I first tried on my mom's lingerie I was 5 or 6.
    I didn't know why, but it just felt so natural to me. It certainly wasn't sexual at that age.
    Later I went through that sexual stage and then it changed again and for the last 25 years hasn't been so. It's just been that "natural" feeling again.
    Do I want to be a woman? I would fall asleep when I was little and pray I would wake up a girl. Now I know that deep inside I am that girl and it's just that my outside doesn't match.
    I can do and have done all kinds of manly things, but they have never brought me the peace and comfort that I find when I express my femininity.

Where will I end up? I can't say just yet, the journey is still ongoing.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Yes, I should have born female.

Platinum Member
    No, I do not want to be a woman. If I had been born as a GG that would have been alright too. As as little kid I had zero interest in girls. I had no female cousins and my sister was born when I was twelve. I was a rough and tumble boy who attracted trouble all the time. My first foray into women's clothing was my mother's nylon full slips. I was attracted to the feel of the nylon. No desire to be a female. Around puberty my interests grew more. I have no idea why I went from just trying on my mother's slip to raiding her undergarment draws; panty (ush!), bra, girdle and hosiery. And, a summer dress until I outgrew it. Smeared on makeup. I have some unscientific ideas concerning these interests. However, these activities while pleasurable while doing it did bring shame and self loathing afterwards. It took decades to accept my desire to wear women's clothing, although I still have reservations about interacting with fellow humans.

Although I have never had a desire to become a woman at any time during my life, I find these threads interesting. Basically, aside from the interest in clothing, what is it in womanhood do you desire? What in manhood do you reject or are escaping from? Decades ago there were many societal restrictions placed upon girls/women. I hear it all the time from my wife of almost fifty years. I saw it in junior high school. Girls were destined to be domesticated women bearing children. Not to become a lawyer or a doctor. Maybe a teacher to herd little kids in classrooms. Not to operate heavy equipment. Now? The gender barriers or at least the legal barriers are not there.

So what is the reason to become a female? When you say you "admired the lives the girls in my neighborhood seemed to be living" I will bet a pile of money those girls look back at those times with disdain and revulsion. The only comments I ever heard from late teens girls was they were happy they were not men so they would not be drafted and get shot in Vietnam. Of course, now many women now enlist in the military and take that chance.

Silver Member
    If I could take a magic pink pill that would change my sex to female, I would take it.

I definitely subscribe to the gender continuum theory. I am clearly on the more feminine side but I also have substantial male characteristics. I am not going to transition so I live my life in a binary existence. I have a loving, accepting wife and great children; no they don't know. My life is good and I am satisfied. Expressing my femininity is important to me; but so are the other of parts of my life. You play the hand you were dealt and make the best of it.

I adore women, but no thanks ! Just like to wear their silly clothing !

I wish I was a woman. If I had all the info, resources and the internet in the late 70's and the 80's I think I would have probably had SRS. Age, money and a medical condition make that impossible now. So, yes I wish I were female, but I get by and I am fairly happy and content.

Do I wish to be a woman? That is a good question. An answer is "maybe, some of the time". Mostly, I prefer to present as a woman and be treated as one when I do present as a woman.

For me, the attraction has always been the clothes, shoes, makeup and over-all look. I love the feel of women's clothes, the jewelry, and makeup. Also, a wig makes my head look better. I get great pleasure just from seeing the clothes and shoes that I am wearing as well as the over-all image. I particularly like wearing skirts and dresses. Unfortunately, I can no longer wear heels which I just loved to do!

One of the things that I like about presenting as a woman is the great variety of clothes, shoes and jewelry that are available. I like to mix
    and match to get different looks. Generally, men's clothing choices are boring and no fun to wear.
    Last edited by carhill2mn; 08-15-2019 at 12:55 PM.
    Hugs, Carole

Aspiring Member
    I think someone asked this a while ago? But anyway.....No, I don't want to be a women. I was born with male chromosomes, plumbing and bone structure so male I will remain.

I just like to wear dresses and skirts and nylons and heels and and and!!

Quote Originally Posted by Robbiegirl View Post
    I adore women, but no thanks ! Just like to wear their silly clothing !
    Ditto

Yes it would be nice , but I don't think it is going to happen
    JAS
    Last edited by Jean. Ann; 08-15-2019 at 07:12 PM.

For me, wanting to be female was apparently mostly just a desire to relieve the gender identity dysphoria caused by experiences outside of actually being transgendered. But actually transitioning would have caused as many problems as it would resolve. So I just stay as I am; a part time crossdresser. I sort of consider myself lucky in a way, that I don't suffer with GID any more severe than it already is. Because there really are no options that would fix my situation; a now 63 year old huge man who still feels like I'm waiting to be made into the cute 14 year old girl that I grew up believing that I was supposed to be, and thought that I eventually would become.
    So for brief periods, once in a while, I just pretend that I actually am what I thought I was supposed to be. Hurts no one, and gives me some brief escape from the GID.

Besides, my only options are to be a great, big, old homely man, or a great, big, old, homely woman. Life won't change much at all, either way. So why bother to go through all the trouble.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 08-15-2019 at 07:03 PM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I’m already a woman despite having male body parts. It doesn’t matter what I’m wearing.

Yes, it would be nice to have female body parts instead, but the issue isn’t pressing.

It’s nice to be able to wear normal clothing, and look like myself, as opposed to going around pretending to be male. I’d like to go 24/7, but that’s not in the cards right now. I do spend at least part of every day dressed as myself.

Ahh, the age old question, "Do you want to get in to her panties or into her panties?"

I don't really know for sure. My answer can change on a day-to-day basis.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    No, I do not want to be a woman. If I had been born as a GG that would have been alright too. As as little kid I had zero interest in girls. I had no female cousins and my sister was born when I was twelve. I was a rough and tumble boy who attracted trouble all the time. My first foray into women's clothing was my mother's nylon full slips. I was attracted to the feel of the nylon. No desire to be a female. Around puberty my interests grew more. I have no idea why I went from just trying on my mother's slip to raiding her undergarment draws; panty (ush!), bra, girdle and hosiery. And, a summer dress until I outgrew it. Smeared on makeup. I have some unscientific ideas concerning these interests. However, these activities while pleasurable while doing it did bring shame and self loathing afterwards. It took decades to accept my desire to wear women's clothing, although I still have reservations about interacting with fellow humans.

Although I have never had a desire to become a woman at any time during my life, I find these threads interesting. Basically, aside from the interest in clothing, what is it in womanhood do you desire? What in manhood do you reject or are escaping from? Decades ago there were many societal restrictions placed upon girls/women. I hear it all the time from my wife of almost fifty years. I saw it in junior high school. Girls were destined to be domesticated women bearing children. Not to become a lawyer or a doctor. Maybe a teacher to herd little kids in classrooms. Not to operate heavy equipment. Now? The gender barriers or at least the legal barriers are not there.

So what is the reason to become a female? When you say you "admired the lives the girls in my neighborhood seemed to be living" I will bet a pile of money those girls look back at those times with disdain and revulsion. The only comments I ever heard from late teens girls was they were happy they were not men so they would not be drafted and get shot in Vietnam. Of course, now many women now enlist in the military and take that chance.
    Being trans is ineffable. However when I read the stories of experiences and feelings of other trans people, I know we are similar. The best analogy I’ve read, which still does a poor job describing the trans experience,’is like being homesick for a place you’ve never been.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Iris Tse View Post
    Short answer, absolutely not! I love being a guy and enjoy being one! I love relaxing and being a slob whenever I feel like it! Which in turns, makes it super special whenever I’m in girl mode! I’ve learned how very hard it is to be a girl! OMG!

You (and I) have zero idea what it’s like to be a woman.

For me there are days I wish I was a woman and then there are days I love being a man. I wish there was a switch I can turn on and off on being 100% woman and male. But most of the time I wish I was more woman.

No If I were a really transitioned or FAB, it would probably take all the fun out of cross dressing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

I have gone from denying to my therapist that i wanted to be a girl to admitting that i would have been ok either way to now...24/7 in girl mode, on HRT and feeling fabulous.

As i've seen my female body appear and my maleness disappear, I have become happier than i've ever been. My wife is pretty darn happy about it as well.

XO
    Bree

I've fantasized about it. It's always been enough to dress up for me though.

I’m Trans, I have always considered myself to have been born the incorrect sex. I have a therapist and a recommendation for HRT but work issues currently prevent me from going ahead yet.

I am OK being me...dressed whatever way I feel like at the moment. I do prefer to be very fashionable...just because.
    Life is too short to be boring...Alexandra

Nope. I'm just a sort of contrarian male who's jealous of some of the things women have to themselves in the "real" world.
    To be loved but not known is comforting but superficial. To be known and not loved is our greatest fear. But to be fully known and truly loved is, well, a lot like being loved by God. It is what we need more than anything. ~ Timothy Keller

Bea, Pretty funny!
    Crissy

Quote Originally Posted by NancyJ View Post
    >>SNIP<<

Do you wish you were a woman?
    >>SNIP<<
    Yes, and working towards that goal, one day at a time.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

I want to experience being a woman for a day like being a 100% cis woman and then return as a man again. Maybe if they created a quick transition button to experiment I would do it