Thread: The irony of a TV commercial

The irony of a TV commercial

I couldn’t help but chuckle the other night as a TV commercial ran. I was in my panties, bra, and pantyhose and putting on my heels or maybe my dress. The commercial was for T-Factor or some similarly named product. It lamented that men today had half the testosterone of their fathers and they had less than their fathers. Something along those lines.

There I am getting all dolled up and feeling pretty when that runs. Just struck me as very ironic. Oh well, where’s that pretty necklace that will go with this dress?
    I just want to be pretty once in a while

Platinum Member
    Sounds as if they are trying to sell something that appeals to a perceived inadequacy. I suppose someone would like to get back to the testosterone levels the ideal caveman swinging a club would have had. Manly guy going after those woolly mammoth and sabre tooth tiger and all that! Hello, Fred Flintstone.

Have you had your testosterone level checked lately?

It's an interesting claim and makes for good ad copy, but like so much advertising, it’s total bs. And the source of the information is biased anyway.

It’s just a sneaky way to tell guys they’re not as manly as their dads, etc. Playing on people’s insecurities, it’s the oldest trick in the book.

The truth is men now have more choices as to how to express their individuality. Thankfully, we're no longer living in the 1950s.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Banned Read only
    Gotta love marketing towards a person's insecurities.

Anyway my T levels have always been in the proper range for a GM, so any theory of CD or TG being caused by low T is BS.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 08-18-2019 at 01:04 AM.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    When I began dressing in my 50's I had my T level tested. It came back low, normal. Which they told me was rite on at my age!

So, it was something else that started me on my fall down the trans rabbit hole! I believe it was the prostate meds they began giving me at about the same time!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

It is funny how coincidences are sometimes.

Almost every time that commercial comes on, I'm sitting in my recliner, feet up. I usually look at my polished toenails under whatever sheer hosiery I'm wearing at that point and think something like, "Hmm...maybe next time I'll go with a manlier color nail polish." LOL!
    It's spelled Marika, but it's pronounced Janey!
    Appreciate the beauty in the current moment, because the past is gone and tomorrow never comes.
    Janey's Amost Secret Crossdressing Blog: http://marikajaye.blogspot.com

I see those commercials all the time.
    I've had low T for almost 20 years now. Sometimes it's a curse making it difficult at times. Mostly though I find it a blessing. I no longer have those "interruptions" when I'm dressing, no difficulties tucking, no distractions when I'm out in public.
    Now if they would only show the commercials for low E then I would pay more attention.
    Last edited by char GG; 08-15-2019 at 06:09 PM. Reason: TMI
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Platinum Member
    I’m not sure how the baselines for my grandparents or parents generations might have been established, but honestly, I think they were way better men than me. Ever read “Undaunted Courage”, by Stephen Ambrose? About the Lewis and Clark Expedition? I don’t think many living men could have made that journey... My grandfather worked as a deck hand on a ship in the North Sea and Baltic when he was 14! Came to America, alone, at 16.

But, to the OP, yeah, I’ve seen the ads and and was struck by the irony.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I actually feel sorry for all the 'normal, straight' guys who live their whole life, judging themselves only on how hard their organ can get, how often they can pound away sexually at their partner, how strong they are, how aggressive they can be, how much weight they can lift, or how many people they think they can beat up
    Toxic masculinity. And the pharmaceutical industry will create a commercial to get them to buy anything that the poor guys can be conned into thinking will be their eternal search to make themselves the most macho man in their neighborhood.
    All the while, the rest of their neighborhood is laughing at them behind their backs.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    I actually feel sorry for all the 'normal, straight' guys who live their whole life, judging themselves only on how hard their organ can get, how often they can pound away sexually at their partner, how strong they are, how aggressive they can be, how much weight they can lift, or how many people they think they can beat up
    Toxic masculinity. And the pharmaceutical industry will create a commercial to get them to buy anything that the poor guys can be conned into thinking will be their eternal search to make themselves the most macho man in their neighborhood.
    All the while, the rest of their neighborhood is laughing at them behind their backs.
    Lifting weight is a great and fun sport but it is toxic when you have to take supplements and injections to lift more. In these commercials they have to play on your vulnerability. This is why I no longer watch TV

The greatest irony of those ads is they prey on the fragility of the masculinity of men who would never dream of CDing! Heaven for fend they should become soyboy, libtard cucks. SMH.

Incidentally there's no currently no correlation between low T and any damn thing, much less a perceived lack of manliness. Testosterone is a very powerful hormone. It only takes a little to do a lot.

To add to the irony please see also weightlifters with breasts...

Thank God for low T, I am on a lower dose of E and my boobs have come in quite nicely LOL