Thread: Help

Help

62 and like dressing but come from traditional background it wasn't accepted I need assistance and guidance there it is can anyone help

So what's your problem?

And don't even try and say age, I'm 63.

Hi Randi,
    I see this is your first post.

Please review the rules of the forum:

Here are a few guidelines to help you navigate the forum.

You will find that you can only post in certain sections, all new members are restricted in this way until they have 10 posts. Once you have reached this, a number of other forums will open for you. This includes a section dedicated to Clothing, Shopping and Beauty. If you post a topic in the main M2F forum that should be in a restricted access section, it will be deleted and you will be invited to repost once you have access (10 posts)

Most, if not all, of your questions can be answered in the Rules and FAQs section. Please read these before asking any question regarding the use of the forum and your profile.

You will not have access to the Private Messaging system until you reach 10 posts, however, should you need to contact any staff you can start a thread here. Only members of the moderating staff and yourself can see the thread once you have started it.
    Please go to the Introduction section and tell us a little bit about yourself so we can get to know you better.

You may also want to look through the current threads. There are many people that seem to be in your situation.

I hope you enjoy the forum.

You’ve come to the right place. Lots of help and advice to be had in these forums. Feel free to let us know what specific questions you may have. In the mean time, skirt goes on bottom, blouse goes on top?

Age is not a problem as many here are older than you-I am 68! Give us some more specific questions and we will help! There is so much advice , wisdom, and experience here you will love it! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Hello Randi and welcome. As others have said, there is a wide range of experiences and situations here.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Welcome Randi ask any questions you want somebody will answer them.
    Yes go to the introduce yourself section and tell us about you. That will help us a lot in making sure you get useful info.
    Don't feel like you are the only one in your situation because I can assure you there are many here in the same situation.
    Oh and I will be 67 next month.

I can relate. I am 65, never married, have some old fashioned morals but have had this compulsion since about age 13. Have gone many years without it, then at age 51, bought my first dress, wigs, heels, bra, panties, girdle, hose, jewelry. Got rid of 99% of everything in fall 2017, saying i would try to abstain, but now have 4 dresses. It is possible to stop, but the desire comes back very strong .

Platinum Member
    What are your questions? Almost all of us past the age of 50 probably come from somewhat traditional roots....not sure there were many other options at the time. I grew up on a farm, 7 miles from a town of 300, where everyone was first or second generation Norwegian-American. Lake Woebegone was just down the road. (If i have to explain that, you’re too young
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Welcome Randi. Just type out whatever you're feeling, we'll try to help you organize your thoughts and probably have some suggestions for you. Start somewhere. We'll go from there.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Hello Randi: Many and I would guess most of us came from a traditional background. Most of us have put that conditioning behind us and searched out forums like this so we can share ideas and help in situations we, as cder's and such run into each day. This is one of the few sites you can get honest answers with others and not have an element of sex entwined into it.

Is your major problem dealing with your desire to dress and the tab-boo attached to it ? If it is you will find most of us are in the same boat or have been at one time. Feel free to share your feelings with us, we all are here like minded, in some respect.

Our moderators are very quick to jump in and moderate, They have got to earn the big bucks they make and they want new people to know they walk tall and carry a big stick. Don't be afraid. Most of them are just pussy cats and we love them.

Hi Randi!

At 56 I’m a bit younger than you but in the same ballpark. I’m transgender, on hormones 3 years and currently healing from facial feminization surgery, pictures will follow after the last stitches are out and the last of the swelling is gone.

Even though I’m fully out and mostly transitioned, they still let me me hang around here—and I love being here because this is a group of absolutely wonderful folks.

We will all help you any way we can. I also come from a traditional background—my grandfather was an Arkansas preacher of the hellfire and brimstone variety, and getting past the internal Heebie jeebies my father filled my head with took most of my life.

Feel free to open up a little and tell us a little more—we deal in tea, sympathy, hugs and moral support.

Carly
    Carries a spray bottle of "pink fog" around with her in her purse at all times.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I didn't start dressing until my 50's, Randi. As u can see from my avatar, I'm 75 now!

So, ask the rite questions you'll do just fine here!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

After my wife caught me, she told me to go to a psychologist. We went together for a while, and then I went on my own voluntarily. It was all those session with the psychologist that helped me realize that crossdressing is within the range of normal. But, ask a detailed question here, rather than paying $150 for each 50 minute session.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Navigating the expectations of other people can be difficult, and once it filters through the committee inside your own head, those pressures can intensify.

The first thing to realize is that you're not doing anything wrong. You're not feeling anything wrong. The 'you' that you may have kept hidden from other people is not wrong. You are not wrong in exploring every part of yourself.

Accept that this is a part of who you are and that you are not wrong. There is nothing wrong with you.
    Too much mascara is almost enough.

Contact me on MeWe mewe.com/i/maceyg

Randi, 62 is the new 25. Age is just a number.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    As Macey stated there is nothing wrong with exploring all sides of you so please don't feel what you are feeling or doing is wrong.