There was a Dressbarn that I used to shop at a lot, sometimes in male mode, and other times en femme. Eventually that Dressbarn closed.

Several months ago, I was in a different Dressbarn just checking to see if there was anything cute on the sale racks. The manager there recognized me from the store that had closed. We talked a little about the old store and the people who used to work there.

I don't know who brought it up, me or her, but we started a conversation on Steffi working at Dressbarn en femme. She seemed to approve of that idea, and said I could be a greeter, but I wasn't sure if she was for real or just pulling my leg.

I've been out of work now for 5 months and I have plenty of time to spare, so I contacted her to see if to see if I could be an unpaid intern. She called me back and said I would have to be an employee due to insurance issues, but that I could just apply on the corporate web site. I actually looked at the jobs available at her store, and there were no openings listed. I called her and told her that, and she said that she would look into it. After about 3 weeks, the assistant manager called me back and told me that the job openings had been posted.

On their website it states:

It is our policy in all employment decisions to ensure that all associates and potential associates are evaluated on the basis of qualifications and ability without regard to sex (including pregnancy), race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability that can reasonably be accommodated without undue hardship, genetic information, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected classification under applicable law.

Do you think I should go for it? If so, how do I sell this to a DADT wife.