Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Under dressing----Why?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Question Under dressing----Why?

I'm curious about under dressers. Does anyone under dress even if their circumstances would allow them to partially or fully dress?

Or, r u all forced by your living conditions to under dress or nothing?

PS: I mean those that underdress with a lot more than JUST PANTIES under their guy clothes!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 08-30-2019 at 12:26 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Sure Doc, I do not possess any "male" underwear at all, so I suppose that you could say that I underdress all of the time. Why, Because I can, and I want to. No more no less than that.
    Kaye

I wear panties everyday and fully dress at night in the weekends . At this stage I don't wont to go out dressed and still pretty much in the closet

No, for me it is a way of being able to do at least some CDing all the time and wear things i really like, without outing myself to people that i do not wish to know about it. (eg: visiting relatives)
    At home, i wear whatever i want all the time now.
    Underdressing was also a good way of building confidence. A stepping stone. Looking back, it seems strange to think that i was so nervous, almost paranoid, before i first tried it.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

I've gone "out and about" many times fully dressed. I usually go out to meet with one of my CD social groups. But, I also go out to a GG's clothing swap.

My wife is DADT, and doesn't want to see me dressed. That means I don't dress at home, either to just lounge around en femme, or as a prelude to going out. The only time I dress at home is to try on some new clothes. When I go out and about, I have to find someplace to change, either at a friend's, in a safe bathroom, or in the car.

Since my dressing time is so limited, I underdress, I guess to reduce the stress until I have an opportunity to fully dress. My wife doesn't know that I underdress. Well, she probably knows (wives know everything), but I haven't told her and I do my wash when she's not around. I even throw some clean tighty whities into the regular wash basket, which she might do.

I also used to get a regular pedicure and hide my painted toes from my wife and everyone else. Wearing socks all the time helps.

I had been taking yoga until I broke a bone in my foot, which is still healing. When I went to yoga class, I always wore obviously femme leggings with a femme tank top or racerback, and underdress in my boy yoga clothes before I got home. That was another way to get some free femme time, until the next time that I could go all out.
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 08-16-2019 at 03:10 AM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Silver Member
    I guess by definition I don't underdress because I wear women's clothes full time. I don't try to hide my gender most of the time. I can no longer pass, or don't think I could. In some situations I wear women's shirts that look like men's. I do have some boy short panties that I wear to doctors. Most days I wear tops with a bra under it. I own souvenir tees that I wear which are actually mens but that is it. I golf with women on a regular basis that know I wear women's clothes. We talk about clothes and I have been asked where I bought a top and if I had shopped at the new boutique.

Sherry,

Being in the closet wearing knickers on a regular basis keeps me just that little bit connected to my femme side. It takes me just that little bit closer to going out fully enfemme.

The first times I went out under dressed I was convinced everyone could see my panty line which of course they can't. I was paranoid about being hit by a car and carted off to hospital. As for the first times I wore holdups under trousers I was gripped by fear that any instant they'd be down around my ankles.

So yes I understand the reasoning behind question but I refer you to my first paragraph.

I wear panties all the time. Circumstances don't allow me to dress often, so when I can it is a treat. In the meantime it is panties daily.

Sherry for many it is a starting point on their journey to fully dress one day, I started out that way partly because at that time I did not know where things would go but as time passed by I dressed more fully. And now my freedom is getting better and the days of drab because of who and what are getting less.
    But also for many DADT situations, neighbours and such like put constraints on what some can do, sure they no doubt would want to explore things further but circumstances prevent them so for those (or many) underdressing is their own way of connecting with femininity.
    To answer your first line I would have thought that if circumstances permitted those that underdressed probably would go further. I also think that we should also factor in a persons financial situation that just maybe (and I might just be a bit wrong on this bit) they cannot persue mor expensive items, dresses and such like.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Aspiring Member
    My wife doesn't like my CDing. She knows I wear panties all the time, but it's not something she can see, so she tolerates it. I suspect she doesn't even think about it - out of sight, out of mind.
    I find panties more comfortable than mens underwear, and just because I'm a man, why should I not wear something that is pink or made from satin or decorated with lace or bows or printed with flowers? Who said that those things are exclusive to women?

Doc, With due respect to your confusion on this issue, of course if I was full time I would not be “under-dressing.” Doing so is an expression of my femininity that I believe, by its nature, is a practice that is exclusive to us closeted gals. I started the other thread regarding this topic to highlight how IMPORTANT this practice is to me in staying connected to my (true) feminine identity. Seems like many others who are in the closet like me feel similar about the “power of their panties” under their boy clothes :-). Nancy

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Holly, BINGO! I exactly agree. Even though I am in a DADT marriage, my underwear drawer is full of pretty panties and camis. If my wife does the laundry, she dumps them on the bed and I sort them and put them away. She knows that I am always wearing panties and sees me in them most days without comment. Important to me — for her, out of sight. Nancy

Simple answer is, Why not, after all we are on a site that is called Cross Dressers.com.
    Truth is some of us are in a DADT relationship or like Nancy said, the closet, so underdressing is what we get to enjoy.
    Crissy

Isn't all of this down to the individual expressing their feminine side in the only way they can at that present moment in time, being for that moment constrained by various domestic or societal demands.

I know I am very much beyond the closet situation but I have every admiration for the ones achieving what they can within the bounds of their lives, each and everyone of them expressing their feminine side in the best way they can and finding a degree of peace of mind in so doing.
    I am sure sometimes for them life is not a bed of roses but doing what they do all kudos to them go for it!

My identity is not a choice. But its expression is my choice. I wear panties some days and not the other days. It is a matter of what seems sensible at the time considering what I am going to likely be doing that day. But I frequently wear women's T shirts or sweatshirts in plain colors. There isn't that much difference from men's except the color selection is so much more varied and usually the colors are bright and cheery. So the underdressing is just the simplest affirmation of my feminine side. It is personal.

Doc, since it is DADT here at home, and I'm not out to family or friends, I am not normally fully dressed. But I am uncertain about your definition of "partially" dressed. I would describe what I wear as androgynous. Yet with the exception of shirts from the men's isle, everything thing else I wear comes from the women's department (underwear, pants, socks & shoes, watch, and glasses). So in my mind I am "mostly" dressed all the time - just not looking feminine. Only rarely do I have the opportunity to "fully" dress in bra, forms, wig, skirts, blouses or dresses.

Banned Read only
    Sherry, I wonder if the need to underdress is not just about "keeping in touch with one's feminine side," but about "getting away from the masculine side."

This is pure speculation on my part because I just don't know. I am speaking from the opposite viewpoint, because I myself never underdress, and don't have any desire to. This is just one of the ways we're all different here.

So why do I not underdress? In my mind it's very simple. For one thing I am perfectly comfortable with my masculine side, along with my feminine side--which I realize some people are not. And some people seem to be happy with blending the two together in some way. But for me that "blending" idea doesn't work. I'm happy enough dressing as a man, and mixing that up with feminine underclothing feels awkward and spoils the image of being masculine. Equally, if I want to be feminine I prefer to be fully feminine. and wearing male clothes on top ruins that whole feeling. So why bother underdressing?

OK, I have gone out a couple of times wearing panties underneath jeans, with a T-shirt. But jeans and a T-shirt are unisex clothing anyway, just as suitable for a woman. So when I did that I could feel I was "really Marianne." But that was only an experiment, something I just don't bother to do as a habit. At home I often toss on a skirt and panties and not much else--no bra or top--and then I "feel feminine." Although I'm not "fully dressed," I'm not wearing any male clothing either.

In my mind I can be either a man or a woman--either one is fine--but not both at the same time! So I wonder if people who like to underdress are so strongly drawn to their feminine side that dressing as a man feels actively uncomfortable, and needs to be neutralized with at least some token of femininity--typically panties, I guess. Just an idea!

For me it’s just normal everyday underwear ......

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Does anyone under dress even if their circumstances would allow them to partially or fully dress?
    Anyone? It's rare for me to underdress, but I fell asleep wearing these panties. Yes I'm wearing panties under my shorts this morning. Since I live alone I could could get fully dressed but I don't have much time to do that right now.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Doc, I wear panties everyday as I can fully dress rather infrequently. If I could dress more often, I would still underdress.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

In a high stress occupation and underdressing helps ease that stress.

Also there is the secret part of it all " I am wearing a bra and panties but you cannot tell I am"

When I’m not dressed fully, I underdress daily. I only own and wear panties...full cut and hipsters. Lately, I wear a bra as often as possible, as well as hose. As my supportive wife says, “they’re just clothes”. Undressing starts each day with a smile.

Banned Read only
    I still have to be a guy from 6:00AM to 4:00PM weekdays, underdressing helps with the dysphoria.

I don't even call in "underdresing" anymore, it's just "my underwear" as all my underwear is women's and has been for decades

I wear only panties and have for over a decade.
    I don't consider that under-dressing as it's all I own. I never wear a bra or other things unless I am dressed fully.
    The exception to that is for my jeans as again that's all I own, except for a pair of Wranglers for yard work as I refuse to ruin my Good clothes doing those things.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !