Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Under dressing----Why?

I suppose for some it might be the minimum way of holding back the GID. Everyone has different requirements when it comes to that; some only need to underdress, some need to go the whole 9 yards, including changing their voice, their behavior, the way they walk, and the way they move.
    I'm not quite there; it takes more than just underdressing to make me feel normal, and relaxed.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I've worn panties for 20+ years, and I don't think I even have male underwear anymore. I wear bras and skirts most days on my commute to my office, and for a while each day at the office before I go to one of my client's office. Right now, with the heat, that's about all for underdressing. Once fall and winter cool things off, I'll add camis, pantyhose and dresses. Unfortunately, it's only an hour or two each day for most of the items, however, it's panties all day every day.

I underdress on a daily basis, because I like it. Panties all the time and pantyhose more than half of the year, until it's not too hot to wear them under my long pants. It make me feel good and feminine every time I remember what I'm wearing. It's second best to be fully dressed, what I can't do without major consequences for my life.

Ok to answer the PS when I was first married and told my wife of my cross dressing. I would sometime underdress to make a game of only we know are little secret. Of course I loved it more then just the game. In fact that gave me a easy transition into Panties on a daily bases.

Quote Originally Posted by Angie G View Post
    I under dress the most part of 24/7. Why I love the and it helps me relax
    Angie
    I feel the same way. I wear a bra and panties everyday. I feel better and handle stress a lot better when I am under dressed

I cannot fully dress at the present time. Therefore, I underdress as often as I can. Under my suit, I can wear lots of stuff, and do. Other times, I put on a pair of sheer pantyhose under my pajamas, or when I go for a morning walk.

I will often underdress when doing chores outside the house, even in summer. Today I was painting, and discovered that my bra is a convenient place to keep my smartphone out of harms way, so I can listen to music while I paint.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Doc,

Since my mid teens when full puberty set in, I couldn't pass in a dark room full of people wearing sun glasses. So to me there is not any point in going the full nine yards to dress anymore.

However, I still like to express my softer side and will wear panties and pantyhose under my trousers. In the evenings I lounge around in a nylon night gown with STW pantyhose and panties. My spouse is fine when I do this.

Hope this helps your understanding.

Some interesting replies from those who understood your question more fully, Sherry.

I'll happily add my own thoughts in a mo but first might I ask your own level.of day to day dressing? My 9 months here has given me the impression that your own dressing is thrill-driven rather than to assuage any GID. That's fine. But that being so then the simplest answer to your question is that there is a more constant need than perhaps your own in many here to indulge in a level of gender expression they can get away with.

For myself there's a degree of truth to this. Although I don't identify as having GID I do increasingly see, demonstrably, that I'm NB. I've lost count of the times women have told me I'm not like other men. I do know I have a rebellious streak a mile wide, that my iconoclasm has guided so many of my life decisions. Why the hell shouldn't I propose to the woman I never met who lived 4500 miles away? (We're still together) Why should I continue to fight to see a daughter who doesn't care? (Haven't seen her in 12 years) Why should blood be thicker than water? (It isn't. I've suffered far more abuse at the hands of those I was related to than those I chose in my life)

And so it is with underdressing. A childhood injury means I find the cut of women's underwear more comfortable but I also just damn like em, so why on earth wouldn't I? Same goes for bras, camis etc. I simply don't see a good enough reason not to. Society be damned. My only concern is for my wife's feelings and I'm even endeavouring to explain it better to her.

For instance I'm of the the opinion that in some respects I'm more of a man for dressing as I do. My masculinity is not so fragile as to be shattered by a pair of knickers! I'm certainly more 'ME' for doing so. If being me means sometimes being all woman or all man or anywhere in between well it would take someone very foolhardy to suggest I do otherwise. Society can walk west until its hat floats if it thinks it has any say in how I live my life.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Yes, u may ask, Abbie. Unlike most of u, I began dressing out of the blue in my 50's. In retrospect, I was suffering from extreme desphoria. It wan't until much later that my dressing began turning me on. And, later still that my dressing became all or nothing. I'd been dressing for 12 years before I worked out that I'm a CD at heart. And, that dressing 4 or 5 times a month satisfies my urges.

I tried underdressing at one time many years ago when the compulsion was constantly on my mind! But, the discomfort of wearing, tite, hot, restricting items under my clothes changed from kinky and exciting, to uncomfortable and distracting in a very short time!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I am in the closet and do not want anyone to know about my crossdressing. I under dress to fulfill my desire to dress. Better than nothing.

Not out, so yes, circumstances allow underdressing without much risk. And fully dressing for me is not a desire, so underdressing is a comfortable stretch to understand the experience of wearing a bra or having breasts, at least ones bigger than my natural size.

Always been a GIRL. Michelle1955's Avatar
    Underdressing daily, all started basically 60 years ago was 4 or 5 years old with a friend pair of panties and she tried on my underwear also. Always felt female with a man body which was confusing at a young age. Wife is accepting for the most part. Underdressing panties mostly or panties and bra every day satisfies most of my inner needs. Once a teen and young adult added the sexual needs, but has not been a sexual need for a good long while grew of it. Now back to my inner needs.On days of additional inner needs then adding cloths mellows things out.

Silver Member
    I guess by definition I don't underdress because I wear women's clothes full time. I don't try to hide my gender most of the time. I can no longer pass, or don't think I could. In some situations I wear women's shirts that look like men's. I do have some boy short panties that I wear to doctors. Most days I wear tops with a bra under it. I own souvenir tees that I wear which are actually mens but that is it. I golf with women on a regular basis that know I wear women's clothes. We talk about clothes and I have been asked where I bought a top and if I had shopped at the new boutique.

I have underdressed a few times in my life, but dont every day. When I have done it it was because for one reason or another I couldn't fully dress, but really wanted to wear what ever I was wearing. Useally some kind of sexy lingerie but a fee times just stockings and garter belt.