Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: dressing blues

even after all of the effort to get ready, i sometimes just don't bother to go out. you get that moment when you just feel hopeless. it's weird but it happens.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by closets View Post
    even after all of the effort to get ready, i sometimes just don't bother to go out. you get that moment when you just feel hopeless. it's weird but it happens.
    That never happens to me. If I get ready to go out, I always go out.
    However, there have been times when I planned to go out, but lost the will to go through the makeup procedure (I'm not that quick at doing makeup), and ended up staying in.

Have you ever purchased theater, concert, or other event tickets way in advance, then when the night of the event came just didn’t feel much like going? Sometimes when you do go ahead and go, you get into it and enjoy it, but sometimes the reality does not meet the expectation. One aspect of many of these dressing experiences that is bound to lead to some disappointment is that we, to some extent, may be chasing the “high” that we got from initial crossdressing experiences. There is an endorphin “rush” that accompanies many “firsts,” and doing it again and again is not going to feel quite the same.

I think that this comes back to what the goal of the crossdressing is — if it is to achieve a “thrill,” it is likely that the stakes will have to continue, over time, to get higher to achieve the same results (this is why gamblers start placing larger bets). If the goal is gender-confirming, the sensation achieved from dressing will likely be one of calm and oneness with self rather than excitement (although nervousness about discovery might be confused with excitement).

One striking aspect of the stories in this thread (to me) is that they are stories of dressing alone. I think that crossdressing can be a lonely and isolating activity. How different it might be to be dressed and have a place to go to interact and be accepted as a woman. That is what I would want! Nancy

You are not alone by any means. I started dressing last year after a two year purge. I used to go out quite a bit; shopping, dining, etc. The first few times I went back out were ok. Then I became exceedingly nervous venturing out. The desire seemed to wane also. The cycle reset itself and I have my mojo, or whatever you call it, back. I think that, as some have pointed out like many other activities sometimes you feel like doing it, sometimes you don't. Now I just go with the flow knowing that the desire will return.

Maybe this feeling is like a cold take an aspirin , drink plenty water and every thing will back to normal

This hits home with me in a slightly different way. If I get a rare period home alone, I start to think about how I could spend an evening getting dolled up. I don’t go out, but enjoy dressing in my home.

However sometimes I just don’t have the energy/drive to complete the task in the evening. I might get dressed, but then to spend the time to do my makeup and I just poop out. Not always sure if it’s the tiredness from a day’s worth of projects, (I find this to happen now that I am retired), the lessening of my desire, or what. Sometimes maybe I can just toss on leggings with a fem top, panties and bra underneath and leave it at that. This despite the fact that I love wearing a dress. Maybe it just not that different than a woman would experience.

I can’t always figure it out.
    Traci

For me, this is one of the frustrations of being 'just a CD' instead of actually TG, if you know what I mean. It would be nice if it were a constant but clearly, for many of us, it simply isn't. I think that's why I do hybrid mode so often. It's enough to get by while I can't fully femme up. But when that day next comes I might then not have the urge for a while. Dunno. Frustrating see?

When I don't feel like dressing/or do, but just can't find the right outfit- or my fave just doesn't feel wonderful I am disappointed too. I want the 'there I am!' high, or the special 'at last...' peace, or something besides the sort of work of life. But some days it is just work, and certainly ggs experience this too.

An outfit is a specific message- and sometimes my feelings are not coherent enough to match the messages of my outfits. I also see it as a testimony that undr every boy ad girl is just a non-gendered human as well, and sometimes that is where I am-
    We are all beautiful...!