Thread: Am I competition to her ?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned Read only

Am I competition to her ?

I have to backtrack this to when I first came out to my neighbours . I had a problem with needing someone to care for my dog because I would have to leave it the whole day , so I called in at my neighbours across the road to see if they could help out . They invited me in to join them for coffee in their garden , I was in drab but had forgotten to remove my nail polish , on seeing it the husband said jokingly to his wife , " He's got better nails than you !" At that she stood up , I thought to make the coffee but she didn't return , I can only think the husband had put his foot in it by making the comparison . They are OK with me since in drab mode but avoid me when dressed , the husband told me it now makes him feel uncomfortable but I have a feeling his wife hasn't forgiven him .

Now 18 months later the situation hasn't changed but I did noticed the wife recently has now gone totally blond with a style similar to mine but slightly shorter . The husband often still puts his foot in the **** with her so I'm wondering if he is still making comparison comments , with some women it would be water of the duck's back but I feel she trying to make a point with him as well as with me .

Just to add a fun story to this , the guy who is a self employed plasterer arrived home in a hurry , he rushed out of his car , I happened to be in my front garden and called across , " You must be the flying plasterer !" he called back , " I'm in the **** again and I've just bought some flowers !" So I smiled and held out my arms in front of me , he looked puzzled , so I said , " Look no handcuffs !! " He just gave me a knowing nod and rushed off with the flowers .
    Last edited by Teresa; 08-19-2019 at 06:45 PM.