Thread: Interesting day at the Fringe

Interesting day at the Fringe

Welcome to August in Edinburgh

The Festival is in full swing which means the Festival Fringe is too.

There are in excess of 2000 shows in three weeks.

So I took myself of to see a show but had no idea of what I really wanted to see.
    Walking along you get enough flyers to create a catalogue, so I was not short of choice.

Well I found a show,but I will come back to that in a moment.

I came across a pub I had not seen before called Dropkick Murphys so I thought what the hell I will go in. It was a bit on the dark side and used wood barrels as extra tables . As I walk down the corridor I was beginning to think it was not open then it suddenly opens up. Next thing I notice is a comedian telling jokes. I get a drink and take a seat just as they announce a new comic OMG, I never felt so sorry for someone he was amusing more than funny but he was at least making the effort. Its a tough crowd in the early afternoon.

Then it was off to see the show I had chosen..

I am sure we have all seen those forms you have to complete.
    Sex:- Male, Female or Prefer not to say.

Well "Prefer Not To Say" was the show title based on LGBT true life experiences.

I had a lovely chat with the sales lady who said she loves my pink nails. That bought as big smile to my face.

Then it was into the small but compact theatre. Oh my what a wonderful performance. Sitting less that 6 feet from the stage you get the full power of the performance. It brought up a few things that we all forget sometimes. As an example, we have a habit of arguing so much we could end up tearing the community apart. The stories were amazingly accurate which brought a tear to my eye. this I did not expect.

So that was my day at the fringe.
    I went home thinking how lucky some of us are not to have suffer abuse and other difficulties.

P.s You can find out more from Riot Road Theatre who put on the show
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 08-21-2019 at 01:55 PM.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Great post, Shelly. I remember having small theater productions here back in the day. The close up intimacy inspired both the performers and the audiences!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

What a wonderful day!
    And the take away .....how the habit arguing can tear the community apart.

What a positive note how lucky some of us are.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Fascinating Shelly!

I've always wanted to go to Edinburgh. Sounds like festival time is a good time to schedule that journey!

Shelly, sounds like a great day. I have seen many a comedian just not connect.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I love Edinburgh. Best city in the world.

The Fringe is on mine and Wifeling GG's to do list for sure.

I've been to Edinburgh before, in winter though. Love the place.

So glad you had a good experience, Shelly.
    Also nice to note the massive increase in diversity in the awards short lists.

Sounds like you had a wonderful day.