Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Not everybody is as accepting as one would hope

Banned Read only
    Bobbi,
    Maybe concentrate on others living full time in your community and make sure they are on your side , full acceptance from the whole community will work in your favour when you meet up with C & C again but don't change your outlook , still be you despite what has happened .

Dear Bobbi,
    I agree with Teresa, if everybody else in the community accepts you, Charles and Christine may come around too sooner or later.
    I still think it is a bad idea to go to their home dressed when you have been asked not to. It would be disrespectful and I frankly dont think that will help your cause at all.
    Hugs
    Suzie

Suzie once again you are right oh dear another drab day to come, that will be hard for me but yes in retrospect the right way to go of course.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Silver Member
    I am guessing that maybe I am seriously biased on this subject but it never ceases to amaze me how some people see cross dressing as the worst thing in the world, after all it really is only clothes, you hurt non one, in my case it is zero to do with sexuality, I simply enjoy the relaxed feeling of being dressed in clothes that society see as being for the female form, but like I say, I may be biased :-)

When I told one of my very close female friends, I was not sure what to expect, we had both shared some very tough times personally and had been there for each other, one day I decided I wanted to share it with her and came out with it when we were alone, her response was perfect, so supportive and she was just brilliant, she has never said anything remotely bad and she has asked questions about me and how I go about my dressing, she has never seen me dressed yet though

I think if your friends are good friends then they will come around in time and if they don't then maybe they weren't the best of friends anyway, I hope that he comes around for you and it sounds like the wife will do what she can to smooth the way

It will be good to see how this develops and thanks for sharing

Rachel, As things stand right now it would seem that Christine has done a turn about! on the dayIi told them both and she rebuked Charles a subsequent visit seems to be that she now does not want me there dressed, I think she has been brow beaten by Charles from being an accepting person to one possibly told to toe the line and ally her views with those of her husband.
    Either way although it is there house and so forth I do think they are both being stork like in their stance on all of this. As you so rightly put nobody is being hurt so what on earth is the harm in dressing and being oneself especially if the reasons for dressing are deep rooted.

Update, what a result!
    Although I have not said anything further to them I now feel I can write Charles off good and proper and realise he was not the friend I thought he was, yesterday at coffee in town Christine arrived first and said hello well enough I was soon joined by Paul and Dianne and they were great as always. As for Charles his attitude to me was bordering on sheer dislike. Normally he gives me a friendly smile and hand shake on greeting, this time round none of that plus he could hardly look at me and speak to me.
    I do feel that he is deep down quite homophobic and from now I will avoid him but he will not drive me away from my brasserie that's for sure!

Bobbi, As I was reading your post from today I was thinking Charles may be homophobic and of course you also mentioned it. I would just ignore him at this point, he is no longer a friend. You are doing so well in your hamlet you cannot let him put a damper on things and I know you won’t.
    Crissy