Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: why do we

Thumbs down why do we

why do all of as crossdressers wont to dress as women wen women or girls look like men or boys this day an age

I'm a short petite hourglass, so dressing like a guy makes me look even smaller. Floating in a big T shirt like a boy is an awful look. I prefer a well fitted T shirt. I also have great legs.

Quote Originally Posted by lori m crawford View Post
    women or girls look like men or boys this day an age
    Just my opinion but I think women still look like women, regardless of their clothing.

Times have changed so much in the last 40 yrs!!!! I am 65 now. Never did i expect so much mega change. both good and bad.

I'm going to assume that you are asking why we like to wear skirts, dresses, and other such "girly" things - when today's women rarely do. Am I right ?

Well - for me at least, our motivations are different.

I suspect that women choose pants, T-shirts, and such things for COMFORT, and not as any expression of gender identity. They are GG. They know it, and no matter what they're wearing, they're still letting the world know it. (Also there might be a bit of "maybe men will quit bothering me as much"?)

But as for me (speaking for myself only here!), when I'm wearing something as simple as a pair of panties, or go all-out in full dress and makeup - it's an expression of what I'm FEELING inside myself. I have a need to let my inner identity breathe at least a little bit or it'll eat me alive. Panties are whisper. A dress is a SHOUT. Both are saying "I'm more than what the physical shell (my body) is telling you.

Quite different motivations between a GG in jeans - and (this) CD/NB/"whatever" in a skirt.

I look quite feminine in a Junior's T shirt and short shorts. Quite different from what boys or men wear.

I also have some small wrist watches and a little cross body bag as accessories to complete the look.

Almost forgot my sneakers with floral accents!
    Last edited by Maid_Marion; 08-26-2019 at 06:10 AM.

We do it because we want to

Quote Originally Posted by SaraLin View Post
    But as for me (speaking for myself only here!), when I'm wearing something as simple as a pair of panties, or go all-out in full dress and makeup - it's an expression of what I'm FEELING inside myself. I have a need to let my inner identity breathe at least a little bit or it'll eat me alive. Panties are whisper. A dress is a SHOUT. Both are saying "I'm more than what the physical shell (my body) is telling you.
    I totally feel the same way. Well said Sara!

Quite so. SaraLin nailed it.

There are a few more things that come in to play here IMO. They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. It is also said that you are a product of the five people you’re with most ( my wife is my #1). I sometimes feel as though I’m making up for something lacking ( I work in a shop that is 99% guys, the testosterone doth flow) I like the feel and look of the clothes personally.
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    I do it to "take a vacation away from ME"----cant get farther away from myself than becoming another person AND of a different sex. By being "not me" my RL worries and concerns go away. Any pressures to "be manly" also vanish. I can completely relax and "unwind". AND it is also fun and exciting to "be pretty"

Jocelyn I think people compensating actually goes the other way. How many here entered the armed services or other 'macho' industries trying to overcome their CDing desires.

Just a thought.

Banned Read only
    Total baited question but whatever. Most women, in case you haven't noticed, could dress up entirely in men's clothing and still look like women. Why is that? Because they are women and have been women their whole lives. The entirety of their life experiences, their body language, their behavior, not to mention their figures, make them unequivocally women. That's what we aspire to, not the assigned gender role of a particular garmet.

I think there is a bit of a convergence of the genders occurring. The @metoo movement and other such efforts by women to gain equality with men, a wonderful and beautiful trend in my opinion, has begun to knock the foundation out from under the concept of the gender binary. There is a trend toward accepting people for who they are without the ideological nonsense interfering with the reality. And women seem to be the main movers and shakers in this trend toward greater equality and respect for each other. Expression plays a large part of that. However, I do notice most women still dress in a feminine way even though they are more casual and a bit more toward unisex clothing. This is especially true among the millennial generation and other younger generation. I welcome it with open arms. It is about time this greater equalization occurs. And I think it creates an environment of greater acceptance of us and our version of gender expression. Still far from a major impact, but a lot of major social changes start small and grow over the years.

hello Lori,
    women can crossdress too!
    luv J

I see a lot of guff on this site about how women don't dress like women anymore. How many of you wear suits in guy mode huh? Casual wear for either gender was not a thing for either gender a couple of generations ago. Men's fashion has moved to the unisex almost as much as women's if you ask me, and we didn't have as far to go.

Dressing for comfort and practicality should be OK for us all. But hell any clothing should be fine too. One day...

Because not all women look like boys and men these days. They may dress for comfort when out and about, and fashions have changed since the 50s, but that doesn’t make them any less women.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Way too many here are stuck in the 50s but I see women dress in all kinds of different styles these days.
    Lots of skirts, dresses,pants and T shirts.
    Whats the problem? They don't dress the way you want them too? Being kind of sexist don't you think?
    I wear womens clothes because they fit me better(more comfortable) and make me look more how I feel on the inside.

Men often suffer the same problem A lot of us can dress like a woman and still be seen as a man. They have been men their whole life. BUt siome women and some men can pull off the change and be taken as the gender they wish to present as

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Men often suffer the same problem A lot of us can dress like a woman and still be seen as a man. They have been men their whole life. BUt siome women and some men can pull off the change and be taken as the gender they wish to present as
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    But, Lori? That's EXACTLY why I enjoy dressing so much! Because I like seeing shapely women attractively dressed!

If the women won't dress to suit me, Sherry will!

Altho, where I live in SoCal, there r malls and stores where u can still find women that dress fem, stylish, and classy!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Because women don't want their sexuality to be the only thing that defines who they are. Let's face it, most clothing/styles for females are designed to emphasize their figure and what makes them attractive to men. Body hugging attire, showing lots of skin, make up and hair styles which make them appear as much like a fertile young woman as possible. It's tough maintaining that appearance all day long, while still getting everything accomplished that she wants to do, too. So we've gone from dresses and skirts and revealing tops, to say, 'scrubs' in the medical field which generally show off nothing as far as the body's shape is concerned, and the wearing of loose men's type attire for many other activities.
    The down side to all this is, many women have almost become the men whose lives they are emulating, and cannot understand why males don't find them attractive anymore. It's very common to overhear something of the sort, of: 'I can't understand it. I have a good job, a house, and a nice car. Why aren't men attracted to me?' The answer is simple: She's mistaken what women are looking for in a man, with what men want in a woman.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarinaTwelve200 View Post
    I do it to "take a vacation away from ME"----cant get farther away from myself than becoming another person AND of a different sex. By being "not me" my RL worries and concerns go away. Any pressures to "be manly" also vanish. I can completely relax and "unwind". AND it is also fun and exciting to "be pretty"
    Marina, I too feel like another person and it's fun
    Last edited by Kendra Sue; 08-27-2019 at 05:48 AM.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Because we like to look the way we like women to look. Someone has to do it.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Lori,

I have to disagree with your very premise. Women in the main don't dress to look like men. When I see a GG in skinny fit jeans and a snug fitting tee the thought that she looks like a bloke doesn't enter my head. Men and women's clothing is styled differently, cut differently. Women may opt to dress in jeans but they still in the vast majority of cases want to look feminine and not masculine.

Women have greater freedoms to chose how the dress and now no longer feel it imperative to wear a skirt or a dress all the time. The other side of the coin is that men don't feel the need to wear a shirt, tie and jacket everyday. I don't see anyone bemoaning the lack of "Sharp dressed men" at the mall. I see enough GG's out and about wearing dresses and skirts but as and when the mood takes them. The weather can play a big part in that.

On the odd occasion I wear jeans or leggings out and about it's certainly not my intention to look the male I am, far from it.
    Last edited by Helen_Highwater; 08-27-2019 at 06:52 AM.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Marina, I agree. That is surely one big reason for me, too.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

A lot of interesting replies here. Another reason i may have , is that my dad never wanted sons. He got several of them after my sister was born, and treated my sister far better. Also, I do not like most womens clothes at all, just certain styles of dresses and skirts and tops, and hose and heels, and hairstyles. And to escape the pain of being an unloved male, with no chance for an attractive lady to date or marry. A number of reasons. I have some emotional problems too, mental issues. It is sexual too, as i am turned on my the ladyin the mirror. Was emotionally abused for many years in my family, and bullying.