Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: any advice for my retirement?

Silver Member
    Whatever you do, just be thankful you can retire. I'll never experience retirement, like most of my generation.

I retired 2 years ago and I'm loving it I get to dress 90%+ of the day and all night every night. Enjoy it Jacques.
    Angie

Huge congrats to you for achieving retirement!
    This will be 5 years retired for me.
    I live by these 2 rules:

1. Accomplish something every day, no matter how miniscule. Yard and house work, errands, personal tasks, etc.
    2. From now on… every day is a Saturday.

Everything else will fall into place. Just enjoy your retirement, you've earned it!
    "Missed it by that much!"

We talked about it and when I retire, we are selling everything and going full-time living in a class c RV. We want to travel the country on our own pace and see all those places we've never been. When it's time to settle down, we will decide where we want to live. I like Florida but wifey likes Colorado or Arizona. We will figure it all out.

hello all,
    I am now living the dream - and have spent the first day of my retirement waiting in for a delivery of mail order dresses and jumpers that was due three days ago.
    I have decided that I must get out more often (when it stops raining)
    luv J

This quote comes from a friend we have lunch; his goal for retirement is...

"If there is any money left over for the kids to inherit, it will be by accident"

Enjoy your retirement!

Aspiring Member
    At my retirement party, one of the speakers said "remember you married her for love...not lunch"...very good advice.