Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Internet good or bad

Internet good or bad

We were having dinner and I was fully dressed, my wife made a comment how far I have come and my confidence. She made a comment that most of my advances were made after I joined this community, it completed me and made me more confidence and after lerking here for about a year she was very shocked that I even joined.
    She reminded me that I was just happy wearing pantyhose and a slip and every so often I would wear one of her skirts or dresses. She said I didn't have fem panties and that she actually bought me my first pair of fem panties and bra when I wasn't even thinking of it . She pointed out now I have a few wigs, make-up and even my own jewelry, now when I dress its no half and half, it's all or nothing. Now I'm going for drives almost once a week and wanting to express this side of me more and more. The only time I would drive dressed before was when we had a long drive and I would just take off my pants and drive with a slip and pantyhose, but now it's full fem, and that if something would happen while I'm out for a drive I would have to present myself as a women to make it normal.
    I asked her if she has a problem with this advancement or if she feels I'm moving to fast and prefers I take a step back. She told me off course not and that she is also responsible for my advancements because of her support and will do whatever it takes to make me happy. But, there was a but and she just wondered if I would have come this far if it wasn't for the Internet or if I didn't decide to join this community. She reminded me when I went to buy my breast forms that I got out of the car and walked down the street presenting as a women and walked in a Crossdressing store and interacted as a women and went back a few months later and bought make-up there again fully dressed. And she asked that I must have gotten that confidence from the community and reading about other's doing it, and others on the community expressing themselves and making me want to express myself more also.
    She told me not to look to much into it, but just wondered if I would have been were I am now if I didn't join here or if I would be a slip and pantyhose man still. What do you think, good or bad?
    Last edited by Maria 60; 08-30-2019 at 08:57 PM.

It depends on your view. Form here you sound like you are doing ok.

Now what?

I have actually have become Jean, the person I signed on as. A very long story.
    All looks good from where I’m sitting.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Its both good and bad.
    This forum is good and FB is bad sometimes with all the knuckle heads on there.
    Use to post pics on FB but not much anymore.
    I'm on a few other CD/trans sites but rarely visit them.

Let's get the pedantry out of the way up front... The Internet is "just a series of tubes", as Senator Steven's once naively put in. It has done nothing beyond enabling you to access knowledge that would have otherwise been impossible to access. It is this forum, and the people make it what it is, who shared their knowledge, that provides the real magic.
    Don't get me wrong. The net is a powerful tool, but it is the community that it enables that is the thing helped you realize that there is more for you to find out about yourself.
    That, and a very special spouse. 😊

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    It is a powerful tool indeed.
    The community you hang out with makes a difference.

I have found nothing beats personal contact as far as being encouraged by others to get out there. Yet the internet has been a good resource for information and of course shopping. I feel the chat sights at times because of the impersonal connection people can be far to quick to be condescending which can be a double edged sword to someone looking for inspiration. I’m not referring to people offering advice with the best of intentions. I think we all know the difference and the ones who do it.

Is it the forum or just your natural progression? I joined here in 2007 didnt really change much for me. For me I progressed more this week then I would have imagined. I dont know why or how to explain it just so much has changed.

I would have never progressed without this level of social media. I started reading Penthouse Letters and learned of stories of men crossdressing. Then came the internet.... This site assisted me in transforming me, myself, Kara.

Inclosing; good!
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Platinum Member
    Hi Maria, This is the only forum that I belong to and it as helped me be the lady that I am today.

I have been here for over ten years now and reading stories about the ladies with pierced ears
    and I wanted to do it and with the encouragement of the members here I finally did it four ears ago.

I would say for sure the internet has helped me become the lady am today.

I have learned and shared so man tips & tricks to make Crossdressing so much fun. >Orchid .oOOo.
    Last edited by BLUE ORCHID; 08-31-2019 at 05:09 AM.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Read only
    Maria,
    The inernet is what you make it , to some it's a lifesaver and others a very destructive influence .

Without the forum you would still be the occasional dresser , does that bother you or has it given you a wonderful insight into being a CDer / TG and wish to progress futher ?

To me it's been a lifesaver but I have to temper that with progressing in the TG spectrum against the end of my marriage . The bottom line is I'm still alive and happier and importantly still have my family but I'm not sure if they would see the benifits in those terms .

The trap many of us fall into is we believe it too much and trust it too much .

Both. I've been on different types of forums for over 20 years. A lot of "information" that I got turned out to be bogus and other info has been very helpful.

If going out dressed is something you always wanted to do you probably would have started doing it without the internet. Dressing in public wasn't my goal 20 years ago and it still isn't. But I'm glad I've done it a few times with a little nudging from y'all internet people.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Maria,

As with most things there's good and bad. The internet is both a source of information but also mis-information.

It's enabled our community to meet both in cyberspace and in the real world. This site brings together such a diverse group but one which shares a commonality. I'm certain I wouldn't be where I am today if it wasn't for the support, advice and encouragement I've received here.

As for your position only you and your SO can know if that support has been a positive thing.

The downside of the internet is that in as much as it's enabled use to converse so it's also enabled the haters to do the same. Those who sat alone shouting abuse at figures on the TV can now hurl their bile through cyberspace with anonymity and to come together in the real world and spread their misguided philosophy.

Over all I have to say both the internet and through it this site are a force for good.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Good and Bad. It's really down to how you use it.

I will say in the past trying to find information without it is really difficult. All that was available was a few articles in newspapers or magazines, unless you went to a good bookshop which had more informative books

Now we have so much access to information with a few key strokes.

It is also a lifeline for those that are isolated.

You can chat to similar people from all over the world all without leaving this site.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

It does have positive attributes, but also some negative. I wouldn't have this forum without it.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

As I ponder over my life from to to time I come back to the same thing, finding this site not only gave me the answers i sought but saved me from gloomy times. So yes without the internet I would not have found this site and the genuine friends I have here. What is good is that the bile and maliciousness seems to be on media platforms, facebook, Twitter and so forth. I am glad i do not see any of it.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Positive and negative, as others have stated more eloquently. Positive because we can be here among friends and supporters and more fully become the people we are. Negative because of all the fear and hate and prejudice that still exists that can be seemingly amplified in the online world.

maria you are blessed to have such a supportive wife, i found this site by accident and was euphoric when i delved into it a little deeper, the next day i struggled to find it again but when i did i joined right away.

now i am not the same person i was when i got here, but i am a better person for staying and learning.

as far as the interwebs go i feel fairly safe being here, but for all the good that can be on the web some are there for devious reasons and purposes, so i approach it with the buyer beware type of attitude, if it seems to good to be true it most likely is.

i also think in time this forum will outlive its usefulness as the younger generations are much more accepting and a place like this will become obsolete, they will just be living theyre lives openly and freely then. even i spend less and less time here as time goes but i like to try and keep up on things....
    Last edited by mykell; 08-31-2019 at 01:15 PM.
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Gotta love that wife, though.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Banned Read only
    If the internet gave you the confidence to be or become who you really are then I would say it's a good thing.

I'm pretty much repeating what has already been stated in this thread.
    The internet is good and bad. It is just a tool that can be used wisely or irresponsibly.
    This community is good (actually, fantastic). Everyone is accepting and helpful. I think we can thank the rules and moderators for attracting the high quality members that are, oh so helpful.
    This community has supported your advances. The internet is only a pathway for this community to interact.

Internet good, thank you little green or shall I say Grey aliens. Internet bad, Big Brother is alive and well as predicted 50 years ago.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Quote Originally Posted by GracieRose View Post
    I'm pretty much repeating what has already been stated in this thread.
    The internet is good and bad. It is just a tool that can be used wisely or irresponsibly.
    This community is good (actually, fantastic). Everyone is accepting and helpful. I think we can thank the rules and moderators for attracting the high quality members that are, oh so helpful.
    This community has supported your advances.
    The internet is only a pathway for this community to interact.
    Good summary, Gracie. I'll second the shout out to the moderators here. This is the only crossdressing site that I visit and the fact that this site is closely moderated keeps me coming back. You just don't get a lot of BS that comes with many forum sites.

And back to the OP, Maria your wife may be correct that you might not have progressed to a full female presentation without the support and information from this site. That's neither good or bad, but just part of you becoming who you want to be. Her support is obviously key as well. I enjoy reading about your experiences and about your wife's awesome support. Thanks for sharing.

It’s a tool. It’s neither good nor bad. It’s all in how you use it. You, a crossdresser, used it to meet like-minded people.
    Last edited by char GG; 09-01-2019 at 04:58 AM. Reason: We got the idea without this

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    As an older "Boomer" it wasn't until the internet became available that I discovered there was an entire community of people like me. Up to that time I had a full range of doubts about my sanity, sexuality, normalcy and several other things ending in the letter "y". While it has propelled me forward, I've made a lot fewer mistakes than were possible without the information and contacts I was able to get through the use of that tool. I'm giving it thumbs up while recognizing how it has become a potential liability in so many other areas.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

“Would you be a slip and pantyhose man still?”, I believe is what your awesome wife was asking you. I think the biggest strength of the internet and sites like this, are that they let you know that you 1) aren’t alone and 2) you aren’t a deviant.
    Without the internet, most crossdressing information you would have come from either medical/psychiatric books or the back of a adult book store. Yuck on both.

I love and appreciate the internet and and not afraid of technology and what’s next.

Kudos to you and your wife for the great communication the two of you have. You made me smile when you offered her to maybe slow down and take a step back and she said “of course not”. Made my day.