Thread: Funny story from work

Funny story from work

Don’t post often but I have a funny story from work today. A lady that I work with has a 20 year old son that cross dresses. She talks about it on occasion but generally doesn’t get to deep with it. She seems to be very understanding of what her son does. She has no clue of what I do however. She does know that I’m athletic and that I shave my legs for cycling but not the other reason.
    Today we were chatting and she looked at my legs and says ‘you know my son started shaving his legs. But he doesn’t do anything athletic’. It took her about two seconds to smack herself when she realized why he shaves his legs. We had a good laugh about it.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    She is fishing you for clues you know this right?

Banned Read only
    I would have thought she would have put it together right away. I am assuming almost all women shave their legs.

I was getting full leg and chest waxing from my local spa, in addition to regular pedicures with color polish... and they were all still shocked when they found out the truth.... my aesthetician said that she had never known a heterosexual crossdresser before so that might have had something to do with it (her misconception that CDs were all gay), but either way, I think we all think that women are more clued into this than they may be generally - although age group may play a part in that. (Although my hair stylist there was in her early 20s and she had no clue either). So....????
    Kelly a.k.a. VS Fan

Banned Read only
    Michelle,
    I would be inclined to see if I could help her out , she's not saying too much at the moment possibly because she's scared for for herself and son .

More people have opened up to me once I've broken the ice , so far only good has come from it . I'm sure she would be discreet with you under the circumstances .

Michelle, was she hinting?
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I definitely don’t think she was hinting or fishing for clues. It was just a quick comment before she realized why her son shaves his legs.
    I’ve thought about talking with her more about it but I don’t think outing myself to her at this time would be a good move. She doesn’t seem to have many problems with what he does. Sometimes I think she gets a kick out of his odd sense of style.

Cute story. Another one of those "if you only knew" experiences. Glad to hear she's accepting of her son too.

Vert cute story. If she only knew. Just for the record, I too am am avid cyclist but that's not why I shave my legs

That is a good story. Has the incident changed your relationship at work at all since then? I have been shaving my legs for years. I wear shorts all the time during the Summer even at work as it is Summer casual. Nobody ever asked me about it and I never felt compelled to give them a reason in advance. I am in decent shape but no professional swimmer or cyclist. Not sure what excuse I would make if any if I had to.

Like you Michelle, long time member but don't post much. But I did have a similar experience recently at a family holiday gathering. I was wearing shorts in a room full of women and with my wife at my side when a female cousin asked me "Do you you shave your legs?" Now my leg hair is not heavy but still there. I searched my mind for the most appropriate answer and during my pregnant pause my wife came to my rescue saying "No he just doesn't have hairy legs." My cousin had reached down to pull the hair to see how much was there, so I teased her back saying "No, do you shave yours?" she laughed and said "I need to again."

Thanks for your story.

Colleen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Feeling pretty on the inside.

Silver Member
    It seems very common to think crossdressers are gay and the media are no help. On top of that we see election ads portraying us as sexual predators dressing up to gain access to the ladies room. It's no wonder that even some supportive spouses are apprehensive about making our dressing known to the public.

Very nice story, I’m sure you may find a time in the future to share your secret, if you care to.
    Crissy