Thread: I Think Therefore I Am

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar

I Think Therefore I Am

Allright, so I wrote this post yesterday before work and it got modded out of existence. I ran out of time to write and didn't really express my point very well so I understand why, but I want to try again.

I watch alot of youtube videos, way more of the transgender creators then crossdressers. I recently came across a video throwing some hate at crossdressers which bothered me. I'll skip the details and just say that her arguments focused on bad online behavior of CDs, then went on to claim that all CDs even those who weren't pervs were not transgender and were stealing their word. It bothered me and I commented as many others did saying that most CDs did not engage in the kind of behavior she was talking about.

Another transgender youtuber I follow did a series of videos throwing hate towards the entire LGBTQ community mostly because of the beliefs of the most radical parts of the community.

Wouldn't the world be a better place if we didn't let the most extreme and worst stereotypes of a group represent the group?

So this isn't the point, really what this got me thinking about is identity and for lack of a better term the "Gender Community" as a whole. The movement today is that if you feel like a different gender then your biological one, then you are one, and the world has to accept it. It really doesn't matter how you look or act, all that matters is how you feel and the world must accept it and be corrected every time they call you a mam or a sir.

For whatever reason I don't feel like I have this power to bend reality to my will. If I look like a woman, and I act like a woman, and society perceives me as woman then great, if they don't then it's my fault not there's.

So in this anti-CD video I mentioned earlier she calls out all the bad behavior, but when it comes down to it the real problem she has with crossdressers is that crossdressers don't have the right to consider themselves transgender. I am a crossdresser and I also consider myself transgender, I know I'm a man, but I don't feel like one. The definition of the word is clearly established and I would wager that most of us don't feel to manly when we're wearing dresses.
    Last edited by sarah_hillcrest; 09-01-2019 at 06:25 AM.