Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Think Therefore I Am

Quote Originally Posted by Ressie View Post
    Can't one be transgender without being involved in the trans rights movement? Transgender is simply an adjective (descriptive word). The word per se isn't political.

I'm not letting someone else's hatred affect my thoughts and feelings. It's their problem.
    Of course one can be and stay away from trans-rights issues. Although I think we have stretched the definition of transgender a bit too far.

I'm not judging anyone, but if a person only wears panties (or stockings, or any other garment) under their guy clothes, has no desire to either emulate or be a woman, feels 100% comfortable with being a guy, and proceeds no further in crossdressing, would they be as concerned with trans-rights as someone who is living 24/7?

If you've (general pronoun) ever been out in public, and had concerns about which bathroom you should use, and the reaction you're going to get, then you need to be concerned about trans-rights. I mean, after all, aren't "Men's Room" and "Women's Room" simply adjectives too?
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Banned Read only
    I tried formulating a comment the other day. My mind ran into a road block. There are too many descriptive words whirling around this issue of gender identity. It always seems society requires everyone to self identify into a certain box. Of course, when a person self identifies into that box there is always someone who will take exception. If and when a discussion will arise with my desire or need to wear women's clothing I have to tell them the truth as I told my wife; "I do not know why I do what I do!" That is the summation of me and me alone. Before finding this site and long before that I had never heard the term "transgender." I heard terms, vulgarities aside, transvestite and transsexual. Now there is this urge to select a box. On some level it gets ridiculous. Just say what the heck you feel.

I have not watched any of the videos you describe. I suppose when I have a dull day with nothing else to do, I'll drift over to Youtube. The world is full of bad actors. But, what is a bad actor? Someone who does not conform to the rules and regulations of society? Someone who does something illegal, i.e., contrary to law? Or someone who does something you personally would not do? If someone is predisposed to not like someone for who the person is, then that person will seize upon any perceived faux pas and use the broad stroke of a brush to color everyone. I know people who do not like people of color. To validate their beliefs they point out the bank robber or person who assaults a woman was a person of color, and, ignore the fact that person could have been a white person.

I can understand the frustration of any person who is wearing the clothing of the opposite gender of their birth gender when they see a "guy" wearing six inch heels, a short dress, fishnet stocking, a cheap wig and gaudy makeup strutting along on hooker road. In some minds that person becomes the poster child for others as to why they do not like any person of the larger community.

"I do not know why I do what I do!" I recognize I am a male. As such I do not know how a female feels. If you think you feel differently than others, how do arrive at the conclusion you should be assigned to another box on the checklist. Don't back yourself into a corner. Don't conform to another person's limited thinking. Express yourself in sentences and paragraphs!

I hope I made some sense.