Thread: People

People

The following post ran yesterday on my blog: https://kandis328772669.wordpress.co.../08/31/people/.

I was told by a few readers that it was well done and should be brought to a wider audience.

So if you are interested in what it's like going out, please check it out!!
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

I think you have the right of it! Recently in a restaurant and got smiles from 3 ladies! (no I do not pass especially the voice!) Been out going on 4 years and no really bad experiences! Most people are either accepting or ignore you! Thanks Kandi for the post! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Kandi, I agree with you a lot. At certain venues, and times of day, and in many places, it can be very tolerant, even accepting. But, to be honest, there are other venues and places and times of day or night, it would not be nearly as friendly, or too friendly the wrong way. You are a decent, kind person. At my height, six foot ten in high heels, i look like a man all dressed up as a woman, and could not pull that off well, but i have been out in public about 25 times since 2005. You have to pick the right places and times.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Kandi you always have wise words.
    Yes there are places and times to where you need to be careful but for me as one who is trans Non binary I do pick and choose carefully but honestly I don’t really care what others think, just this past weekend I went to a professional baseball
    game as the real me. No issues no nasty looks just enjoying a ballgame with a friend

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    While I don't go out to vanilla venues because I don't like the flack I get?

I agree with u, Kandi! I believe if everyone would just sit down and chat with an average trans for 1/2 hour? Transphobia would disappear over nite!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar
    Yes, great post. I think you're totally right.

Platinum Member
    Thanks for sharing your blog. I do agree with you on the issue of individual vs group thinking, especially the point of governmental and religious interference with personal liberty. Personally, I believe much of the problem with a wife accepting her husband's cross dressing is conformity to group thinking.