Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So at work today ...

So at work today ...

I've had my nails grown out for months. Maybe a year.

Today on a smoke break a co worker started with "Do you mind if I ask a personal question?"

Oh boy … "Of course not! Worst I'd do is decline to answer!"

"Do you get your nails manicured?"

"No, I need to though, overdue!"

"Because you have nails a woman would die for!"

"Awwww, thank you!"

I didn't gush. Hope I didn't gush. But felt so good for the compliment
    Too much mascara is almost enough.

Contact me on MeWe mewe.com/i/maceyg

Wow! Great complement!

I can grow nice nails but I find new ways of breaking them. The last time was trying to get on my heeled booties. I need to be more patient sometimes.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Pretty awesome huh?

I don't have any luck with nails either, but throughout my life as a kid I was constantly told that I have the curly hair that girls would die for. Now that I could use it, it's turned gray or fallen out! Damn!

Totally awesome. Was your coworker male or female? Not that it matters.

Platinum Member
    Hi Macey , All of my nails are obviously long and the two first nails are a 1/4" beyond the finger tips.

MyWife used to tell me that my nails looked very feminine,
    And I would thank her and she said " That's not a compliment "

I said that I would cut them but I ill not be able to scratch your back anymore.

Long story short I still have long light pink nails that I manicure myself. >Orchid .oOOo
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Macey, Very nice compliment from your co worker! I know you had to love it!
    Crissy

Macey, That is a great compliment. I wish I had nice nails, but alas they are awful.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Macey and ladies,

What a fantastic comment, anytime I get a complement on my nails, its a wonderful day.

Davina

Platinum Member
    The quote sounds as if a woman would have made the compliment. I cannot imagine a man would take notice let alone make a compliment. My nails could look decent if I stopped getting gouges on them from knocking them into something.

I've had comments twice.

First time, long natural nails (not that long, but way longer than the average guy).

I was signing the paperwork for the receptionist at the doctor's office. I got what you got, "You have nails a woman would die for!"

Second time, at work, my normal boy nails (you could see maybe an eighth of an inch of white, plus wearing clear glossy "nail protector" that my wife gave me.

Working at a table with my customer, kind of a man's man. He seemed like a blue collar tech who worked his way up to engineer.

Him: "Are you wearing nail polish?" (no pleasantries)

Me:"No, but I am wearing nail protector that my wife gave me to keep my nails from splitting." The response was thought out before, in case I got asked at work.

Seemed to satisfy him, but he was not the kind of guy who was easily satisfied. He probably didn't believe me, but I had plausible deniability.
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 10-04-2019 at 12:28 PM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by BTWimRobin View Post
    Totally awesome. Was your coworker male or female? Not that it matters.
    It was a gg. I don't think the menfolk in the office would ask, or if so it would be tinged with a little sarcasm to shield their own fragile masculinity for fear of someone noticed that they noticed
    Too much mascara is almost enough.

Contact me on MeWe mewe.com/i/maceyg

when you do the manicure, do you also go for colors, I am planning to get my nails manicured this week (first time and little anxious).

You don?t have to get color when you get a manicure, but since you?re paying for it anyway you can at least get a clear polish. Just getting a mani or going for a full set? If you?re getting acrylics, you might as well have them painted, since they aren?t going to be subtle anyway.

And if it makes you feel better, TONS of guys get manicures, so no reason to be nervous.

I don't get color on my fingers unless I'm going to be away for a few days. But, I always get color on my toes. Sometime I pick a color from the rack at the salon (Note, pick it before you sit in the pedi chair) or I bring my own and just hand it to them, I have a tendency to get overwhelmed at the choice of colors at the salon so I buy nail polish in advance at CVS or Sally's. sometimes I find a color I like at Nordstrom Rack or Marshals on sale.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Congrats. My nails can look decent, but my work environment is not ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by Maid_Marion View Post
    I need to be more patient sometimes.
    Don't we all?
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

YOULOVEMYTOES Palaina Nocturnus's Avatar
    Hello Macy,

Isn't it fun when you get a compliment about you looking girly?! I love it, I'll comment on what a woman is wearing as cute or pretty and most take the compliment and see the wizard behind the curtain lol

The best ones are the ones that are offended lol I was standing in line at a gas station and I hear behind me OMG I THOUGHT YOU WERE A WOMAN!!! I turned around and said thank you that's kinda the point. She then exclaimed how shocked she was that I wasn't a woman. I said well I dress like this to look like a woman and I'm going to take what was said as a compliment. I looked her dead in the eyes and asked if it was intended any different. She said no and remained quiet. The cashier laughed cuz I went in there every day dressed up so they knew me and how ahem open and loud I can be lol

Have a fantabulous day hun!
    Live, laugh, love!

Silver Member
    I had planned to get my nails done, but the gal doing my hair complimented me about my nails and asked who did them. When I said myself she got all excited about how well I did.

I grow my nails out and they're painted every day. I'm fortunate to not be working in a customer facing job and my bosses are fine with it. I often get complements which are amazing. Would love to get a proper manicure and tidy up my cuticles just to see how much better it is (and who doesn't love a pamper session). This week is the first week they've not painted and they just look so boring and plain, makes me a little sad. I had to cut them as they were interfering with typing and I cut them too short. Waiting for them to grow back then I'll got for some bright neon pink or red.
    Foxy Roxy has entered the building

Macey, What a lovely thing for someone to say to you you must have felt as though you were on cloud nine as a result, also what a lovely encouragement as well, good for you.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Silver Member
    Nice story. It is indeed great to get compliments about your presentation. Was it a woman who made the comment? I find women feel quite free to offer compliments because they notice more and they get us and appreciate when we make an effort to look nice.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I'm was a security guard at a resort, and I was talking to the young woman at the front desk (I was subtly flirting) and she noticed my longer than masculine and clear coated nails. She mentioned them and then asked me if I was a cross dresser, I hesitated for a second and then just said yes I am. I showed her a pic of me on my phone, she was cool with it. Our work relationship did not change at all.

I have to keep mine trimmed so I can play guitar (something I've loved since 1966) and anyone who plays knows how much nails can get in the way. I do, however, use clear nail polish on my fingernails and red on my toenails which looks great with my shaved legs.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Guitar player here too so my nails stay short.
    I grew mine out for a couple of years while not playing guitar a lot so I know how nice long nails feel.

That is a great compliment. I also can't grow mine out. Guitar player as well. I tried to play with fake nails on and I failed lol that's the one thing I have to say No too. But I do paint my toe nails so there's that lol