Thread: Smitten

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Smitten

Like a good many others I started off dressing "Borrowing" clothes firstly from my mom, mainly girdles and stockings, and then in later life my GF/SO. In time that became saving items from going to jumble sales and creating my own little wardrobe. Along came the internet and online shopping and now as a rule I only wear my own clothes.............mainly.

My daughter is as tall as me and has a wardrobe full of dresses she hardly ever wears. Some are styles I'd never really consider even trying on in the shops but being home alone for the afternoon and able to dress I decided I'd check a few out just to see what they looked like on me. Most I could get on comfortably, one or two strappy summer dresses were just a bit too tight under the bust. Most I tried on suited me ok. Then I found a simple black, long sleeved slightly scooped necked, just below the knee dress made from tee shirt material. On the hanger it looked nothing but once on, oh my word!

It just looked so classy. Hung beautifully, the long fitted sleeves really having a thinning effect upon my arms. And I'm sure you'll appreciate this, it felt as good as it looked. Help, I'm infatuated with this dress. I covet it beyond words.

I Googled the brand name but couldn't find anywhere other that the end of line online stores that seemed to stock any and even then nothing in my size resembling anything close to this LBD.

So now I have a mission in life. On my next enfemme shopping trips I'm on the hunt for a dress like this. Wish me luck and oh, yes, the willpower to resist taking this dress out of the wardrobe any chance I get
    Last edited by Helen_Highwater; 09-04-2019 at 07:11 PM.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed