This is my update from Sunday.

Dressbarn hasn't contacted me yet to set up an interview yet. I don't know why. Friday, I dropped by the store to talk to the hiring manager to see what my status is. She (the hiring manager) was on vacation Friday (8/30) returning next Monday (9/9), so I don't expect any updates until then. The GG SA that I talked to seemed to know about my application, because she (the SA) thought that the hiring manager had already contacted me. There was still a "help wanted notice" on the entry door.

I don't know if I mentioned it in my post, but I was contacted by the Lane Bryant store two stores down from the DB (same corporate family as DB), to apply there also.

Same story there, no response. I decided (with some trepidation) to walk into the Lane Bryant to talk to the manager there. I went in and asked for the manager, and both GG SAs were the managers. So, I asked them about my employment application, and found out that neither of them was the hiring manager. The hiring manager was returning (last) Saturday (8/31), so I left my contact information. I also outed myself to the SAs by showing them a Steffi girl "business card" with a very feminine pic of Steffi with professional makeup.

Great new news!

On Monday (9/2), I noticed that I had a voice mail from Lane Bryant. I called the hiring manager, and I have an interview this Friday (9/6). This is one large step for [a] woman. I'm so nervous.

I talked to the hiring manager that I was a guy, but intending to work as a woman. She said no problem at all.

I was also told that I would need to select out an outfit from the racks.

I also lined up at least one reference, in case I need it.

Wish me luck!