Thread: The truth can be interesting

Silver Member

The truth can be interesting

Saw a women's resale shop that had some nice clothes in their windows. I stopped and walked in. I was wearing women's jeans, booties with 2 1/2" heels, and a linen shirt which hung from my C cup bra.

I didn't see anyone as I walked in, but the owner came out of her office as I looked to see what they carried. She hadn't really looked at what I was wearing and said we only sell women's clothes To which I responded thats all I wear. It took her a few seconds to process what I had said. Then she asked what I was interested in. She had a couple blouses that I picked out and a really nice dress. We got to talking about the price of clothes vs quality today. I asked to try them on and she said sure. As I was trying on the first blouse she asked how it was going. I came out and showed her. It was ok. On the second one she said no but she had a blouse that had just come in. While I was waiting for her another customer came in. She came out and handed me the blouse to try on. I went back in to change. The other customer was one of her regulars and gave me her opinion that I should get it. BUT, be sure to wear a skin tone bra or a camisole. I said, remember when you wore slips with lace which were visible thru your blouse? The customer asked, did you? We then got into the history of clothes we had worn. Almost a half hour later I had to leave, but we all said we enjoyed talking. By the time I left they knew I had been dressing as a woman for a very long time. I did try on the dress on but it didn't work for me. Both women did like my booties.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I did the resale shops today too and The lady that owned the place was very nice.
    It was the first time for this shop so I didn't know what to expect.
    Walked in the door and browsed for a few minutes with some other customers and no problems at all.
    An elderly woman kind of gave me the eye but after talking with her she was really nice.
    Finally found the plus size section and there was one 30 something lady shopping and she said OMG there is some cute stuff here I may have to break out the credit card.
    We chatted as we shopped from separate aisles which was fun. She said you like leggings? There are a whole rack of them on this side.
    She said I can see you are a jeans girl like me so that led to a 15 min discussion about how messed up jean sizing is.
    It was fun shopping there so I will have to go back.

Kudos to you both! to have enjoyable times like these are memories to be treasured! happy times ahead for both of you, I wish I had been there to share your pleasure with you.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Liz, That's a great story. Too bad you did no buy anything from her.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Banned Read only
    Liz,
    While I'm not totally sure about the quote but it is all about owning it ! Shop with confidence , make it clear you have need to buy the items , once you get over that you will more than likely be accepted as a genuine shopper and not a weirdo looking for some sort of kick from it .

I assume from your wording you were dressed but no makeup or wig , so were you expecting less of a welcome ? I totally dress with makeup and hair( wig ) so I don't even think about a bad response and in nearly two years I've never had one , I comfortably interact with SAs and other customers .

I don't dress in public, but know a little about fashion. It cracks my wife up that she can be talking fashion with her friends, and I join in. She reminds me from time to time to be careful unless I want to out myself! Her friends have commented that they find it interesting that I know about women's fashion and that their husbands don't know anything, completely clueless. I will go shopping with my wife for clothing for her, I have for years, even before I was "out" to her. Now we look for both, but my wife has issues with picking out things while she is there, thought to explain two sizes, small and XL!

A while back they were talking high heels, specifically Christian Louboutins. They couldn't figure out how to pronounce Louboutin so I jumped in and told them, and they went on to talk about some of the styles and I mentioned I loved the So Kate, and then I really got the "look" from them all. I just shrugged my shoulders and said, "what can I say, I love high heels!"

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I LOVE going out with u extrovert types, Liz. Like Tracii and Teresa!

Because u girls can chat up the crowd while I shop!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 09-06-2019 at 07:10 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Shopping for one’s self really is about confidence and owning it. I admit in the beginning I was definitely nervous but the more you do it the more fun it is.
    Crissy

Silver Member
    I did buy 2 blouses. One that I picked out and the other that the owner picked out for me and the customer told me to wear a beige bra with it. If only they knew how many I have. I am an extravert and love talking to people. As for being dressed as a woman, yes, I guess. I wear women's clothes but don't act fem. About the inverse of women wearing men's and most people don't notice that my clothes are women's. Or that I have breast. I wear 38B bras most of the time as they give less projection. The top I had on was linen and looked more like I had man boobs. At my age I don't have a fem face. Body is pretty good. Most people that have known me know I wear women's clothes and lingerie since a lot of women have hugged me and felt the band. I hadn't planed on shopping, but it was a spur of the moment. I had dropped off some docs at a bank drive through and was headed home. I do have a lot of stories about interfacing with people.