Thread: I passed the Lane Bryant interview

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I passed the Lane Bryant interview

I passed the Lane Bryant interview. I had the FtF interview with the (local) hiring manager. She's going to pass my application up to corporate HR for their approval. She said it's a new process, and she doesn't know how long it will take. They will also tell me my salary offer at that time.

All of my online retail therapy helped me show excellent knowledge of women's clothes and fashions. She talked about how we (the SAs) have to dress in seasonal appropriate clothing for work. I think I mentioned "mustard yellow", and how I didn't think it would look good on me. She said that it only works for certain skin tones. She also said I would be trained (like all SAs) on fitting a woman for a bra.

In addition, I have been attending an "Interview Practice" class, where the instructor asks everyone a question, many of them from the "Top Ten Interview Questions". She asked a number of questions from that list, and I had already practiced responses to them.

I'm very excited about the good possibility of getting the job. My wife has never been happy about my CDing, but she has tolerated it. I'm not sure if she will tolerate my working en femme. As someone said earlier, it's a "labor relations" problem that I'll have to resolve with my wife, and soon.

I'll provide more details on the interview process and how I prepared for it when I have more time.

Anyone have any suggestions for "The Talk, Version 2"? I hope I'm not the first person on the board with a DADT wife doing this (applying to work in a woman's retail store).
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 09-06-2019 at 09:08 PM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.