Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I passed the Lane Bryant interview

I passed the Lane Bryant interview

I passed the Lane Bryant interview. I had the FtF interview with the (local) hiring manager. She's going to pass my application up to corporate HR for their approval. She said it's a new process, and she doesn't know how long it will take. They will also tell me my salary offer at that time.

All of my online retail therapy helped me show excellent knowledge of women's clothes and fashions. She talked about how we (the SAs) have to dress in seasonal appropriate clothing for work. I think I mentioned "mustard yellow", and how I didn't think it would look good on me. She said that it only works for certain skin tones. She also said I would be trained (like all SAs) on fitting a woman for a bra.

In addition, I have been attending an "Interview Practice" class, where the instructor asks everyone a question, many of them from the "Top Ten Interview Questions". She asked a number of questions from that list, and I had already practiced responses to them.

I'm very excited about the good possibility of getting the job. My wife has never been happy about my CDing, but she has tolerated it. I'm not sure if she will tolerate my working en femme. As someone said earlier, it's a "labor relations" problem that I'll have to resolve with my wife, and soon.

I'll provide more details on the interview process and how I prepared for it when I have more time.

Anyone have any suggestions for "The Talk, Version 2"? I hope I'm not the first person on the board with a DADT wife doing this (applying to work in a woman's retail store).
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 09-06-2019 at 09:08 PM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

congratulations on the first interview May the rest go as well
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Congrat's Steffi! I could never work there, because I already spend too much money there as it is! I love their stuff. Hope the rest goes well and good luck on this adventure.

Mattea
    Love makes everyone equal.

Congratulations. I have always liked Lane Bryant and they just went up a few more points with me

Aspiring Member
    Congratulations Steffi. I wish you were in my area so you could fit me for a bra and help me with some clothing choices.

Steffi, congratulations.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Congrats and I hope you do get the job.
    Hope your wife is understanding about it.

Congrats on the interview. Hope for your sake all goes well with HR. As for the talk--it's time to just do it.
    Jon

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    "Fitting women for a bra!?"

I felt nothing but fear reading that! But, if your heart's set on it, Steffi? I hope u get the job and have no issues with customers!

You'll have to handle your wife, tho!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Congratulations Steffi! I was pulling for you. I’m sure you will enjoy the work - if you can call it that! Just be careful with the bra fittings. I would hate to see you or the store in the headlines for something innocent going badly.

I was told that bra fittings were done over the clothes and that there always two SAs performing the bra fitting. But, I am still worried about it. It could be very embarrassing to have to determine if the breast completely fills the bra. But, I was told that the manager was friends with a male employee at another store does bra fittings. While there might be some initial concern, he is eventually lauded for his professional attitude and knowledge of bra fitting. I would also be fitted with a communication device to summon help from the manager.

Still, I'll be shaking in my pumps the first time I do a bra fitting.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Steffie, I knew you could do it. I know it’s not over yet, but here’s an early CONGRATULATIONS!.

I know you don’t want to upset the home front, but you need the job, your innate nature won’t change, and it’s time to take the bull by the tail and face the situation with your wife —- this move will bring in an income again. No one is harmed by your taking this job. NO ONE who knows the other you will possibly recognize you working at LB. It’s time that ”she who should not be obeyed” stops objecting and lets you dress at home so you present the best possible appearance when you get ready for work. IMHO.

Best,
    Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Congrats on passing the interview Steffi. Good luck the rest of the way. I'm sure it will be a learning experience. It should be a nice change from engineering (also an engineer here). I don't know what to say about the talk with the wife. I'm also in a DADT situation. I think working in public like that would be quite a stretch for her.

Congratulations on your journey, so far. Just remember, nothing is final until the ink dries on the final home office approval. Hopefully, your wife issues will work out positively. It sounds like you might have a steep hill to climb. Best wishes on both.

Congrads. I guess the thing that comes to my mind is; when dressed do you still look like a bull in a china shop or more like a hen in the chicken coupe. I hope you wear a big smile rather than that long face on you profile.
    Last edited by Leslie Mary S; 09-07-2019 at 08:20 AM.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Platinum Member
    That’s great. I’m really curious about how this will all play out with your wife. Good luck with that!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I just want to say it is great , all of what you are doing.

And I applaud you

It is just all my friends are GGs. We go shopping all the time. It's just me but I have no interest in being an SA. Especially in a dress shop. I would starve to death, I would spend my paycheck on dresses.

I wish you the best of luck

Fingers crossed - you have done well so far

What would be even more awesome is if you have lots of CD friends shop there because of you working there!

I would if I were close enough.

Platinum Member
    I'd love to be the fly on the wall when you have "The Talk, Version 2." Any of your neighbors have the body type to venture into Lane Bryant?

ok not wanting to be a wet blanket devils advocate perhaps, ive been rooting for you but, i think you would have had a better shot keeping the position if you had consulted your wife at the inception of this quest, when you came out to her did you promise "no more lies or deceptions", most of those stories seem to have that common denominator.

i had started with a DADT position when i came out in the beginning but did not want to assume all was good because she did not want to know....so i had hard conversations and were at a pretty good place right now, i go to social outings, support groups and even have my own volunteer gig at a LGBT club. you do not give that impression of your relationship so im worried for you.

SO im not judging and hope it works out for you but what is the end game....if after all this you get the job and cant take it because of the Mrs. concerns it would certainly suck for you. but im thinking that it would suck for the next CD or trans person that applies to that type of position. the person has a bad taste from the experience will most likely pick a non CD/trans person the next time, again not judging but some important details are missing.
    Last edited by mykell; 09-07-2019 at 01:41 PM.
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Settled down for a few years in the Texas Hill Country
    Outstanding news. Let us know which store once you're hired.
    Lynne

You can friend me at on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/lynnesealytx. I don't post often, mainly lurk

Steffi, this is such wonderful news. Congratulations!!!

Congrats!!!! I’m also in the DC area and might have to swing by to say hello.

Congratulations Steffi

I would suggest you talk to your wife and soon.

Carefully explain that you have had an interview and you are hopeful of getting the job.
    I hope she agrees that working as a woman is better than not working at all.

Good Luck
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations