Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kinky sex thing or really just the tip of the iceberg....

Aspiring Member
    Stephanie47 - agree with your posting - I too did the long drive being dressed, getting out of the car for a quick event... I did venture out to a CVS on Halloween dressed to pick up more candy. My wife and I went to a co-workers halloween party one time. I went as her (nurse) and she went as me (factory worker). She did not know at the time about my crossdressing. In a DADT relationship now. I seeked out support groups to go and interact with other crossdressers, trans, etc. It was great to be dressed and in an evironment where one was not being judge. But going to those groups came to an end when I my wife moved up to our new location. Now it is business trips and looking for clubs (like Diva's in San Francisco) to visit.

If you can make it, come to the Keystone conference in March in Harrisburg PA!!!

I’m a CD who came out to my wife a couple years ago. She’s accepting but like me, struggles to understand “why” I do this. Keystone was a huge help to both of us - we met so many great people and both of us had a great time. It’s a very safe and accepting place to venture out for the first time.

As to whether or not it’s normal to want to venture out... yes, I think it is. I’ve been struggling to understand why I do this and why Jules is such an important part of who I am. At first, I thought it was a bedroom kink. Then I kinda thought that underdressing was fun and exciting. Then I couldn’t help but wonder what a wig would be like, or what long nails would feel like, or what it would be like to have my own breastforms and walk outside in my heels. I now know those feelings and I love them!

My wife initially thought I was crazy wanting to go out while dressed. But she even admitted that at Keystone, she’d never seen me happier and she could tell that a huge burden was lifted off my shoulders.

Why do I dress? Who knows. But I do dress and I enjoy it, and I’m extremely fortunate that my wife is willing to stand by my side.

You’ve found a great resource in this forum so please keep in touch.
    Jules

Banned Read only
    Micki,
    The film was a very boring one about Monet , I'll give the guy the benifit of the doubt and assume he fell asleep , besides the two ladies on my right were passing some amusing comments about the film , so I was enjoying their company .
    Last edited by Teresa; 09-08-2019 at 12:39 PM.

I think dressing is like anything else, when you put a limit on it you start getting bored and desire more excitement therefore going out does become a natural progression.

Below is something I put on a Facebook page, hopefully to help someone take their first outings.

Going out is all about confidence and in most cases what others think especially if it’s someone you know. The trick I found was to build up the confidence along with the realisation that most people don’t care and those that do can be easily ignored. My other tip is not to go anywhere local to where you live or work nor places that you regularly go to as this will only add to your nerves.
    To build up confidence the late night restaurants are great places to go or even going to a restaurant or bar just before closing on a quiet night. Last year when I first started going places dressed up my wife and I went to a bar on their quiet nights. We also walked around the nightlife streets of the CBD. We progressed to walking around these areas on Friday and Saturday nights when they were busier. For me it was about growing my confidence in situations that we could control. Now I’m confident enough to walk alone along a busy city street for a night out.
    Options for shopping are small boutique stores and out of the way factory shops especially if you go as soon as they open. Staff are usually very accepting in smaller shops and tend to provide one on one service.
    Quiet cafes are also a great places to go during the day.
    The thing with businesses is that you are just another customer and the staff don’t care what you’re wearing as long as it is not obscene. They are going to pay the same respect and level of service to you as anyone else because they want your business and they don’t want bad publicity.
    Another day time option is parks and reserves. Places where you can go and relax in public without anyone too close for comfort.
    It’s like everything else in life, the more you do it the easier it becomes.
    And do it with your wife. I had been going out for years before I told my wife but I kept away from busy areas and definitely didn’t go into bars etc. When we started going out she was confident and pushed me in a supportive way to go places that I hadn’t been before. When we are out she still checks that I’m ok with my surroundings.

Now for the disclaimer: This is just based on my experiences.
    Last edited by Jasmine Jones NZ; 09-09-2019 at 06:50 AM.

Looks like the Chicago gurls aren't responding. They probably have so many place to go out dressed that they don't hang out here anymore. Boystown area of Chicago is known as a gay area and I'm sure there are many clubs that CDs, TGs go to. A few members have gone there and would know more about it. Haven't seen any of the posting lately. You could do a search for Milwaukee and Chicago. Also check "places to Go, Places to Meet" and "Upcoming Events".

Just across the big lake there's a gay bar that has TG weekend twice a year. Unfortunately, turn out hasn't been as good as it was a few years ago. There have been Chicago gurls showing up, some every year. The next TG weekend is in October. PM me if you want more info.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder